This is inspired by the "Simple Suggestion" thread, but yet is different enough for a new thread:

The code exists in the game to check whether or not the player already knows a Technique or Formula -- while it is in your inventory, if you right click on it, the "Scribe" option is greyed out. The game is already capable of parsing your character's knowledge to see if that particular Form/Tech is already known.

What I'd like to do, is take that a step further.

Would it be possible to code the Item Windows, and the Consignment Screen to somehow reflect whether or not you know a formula? You can't right-click an item in the Consignment window and look at the "scribe" option to see if you already know something before you buy it -- you have to open the knowledge window and search for it the old fashioned way.

Instead of relying upon the "Scribe..." option method, maybe we could color the font? Right now, if you consign something, the item is written in blue font to indicate that item is being sold by you.

Maybe, we could color it Yellow for Forms/Techs you already know? Could that work? It'd be so nice, if I could have some way of knowing what my character knows and doesn't know, without having to bring up the knowledge window on each and every item and trying to remember what I checked and what I didn't check.