Thread: Cottage plots

Default Cottage plots

Now, I know now (see ingame chatlog Chasing posted from yesterday) that the devs are waiting for all the 'condemned' plots on all servers to become available so as to re-size them. All well and good.

But I still, personally, like the idea of being able to buy one of the tiny plots (the 30x30 and under plots) as a 'cottage' plot. This would allow for access to a remote resource the plot is near that you use but is not near main plot. Or just as a [I]cottage[I] cottage. Or whatever the buyer would dream up.

Now these would be 'second' plots only. Not buyable as a first plot type deal. And no plot over 30x would be eligible as a cottage plot. This would make a use for the many unused plots, which I hope will each have a new owner someday, while leaving the main plots open for new players, or people moving.

Resizing them is one good use, especially if it means the plethora of empty 40x's get the wee ones added to them, as it seems few are willing to buy small while a huge plot is avail, wherever.

Also, as these would be 'luxury' plots, their price should reflect that in price. Not, 'here is my left nut' kinda prices, but the kinda prices someone should be able to afford if they can build up a main plot and have the need and extra resources to have a cottage.

Second idea that came aas typing....Those empty spaces in Tazoon. Walled in and no buildings in them. Why not turn these empty areas into 'premium' plots. And, of course, to preserve the 'feel and air' of Tazoon, only have Tazoon style buildings available for that kinda plot. Players actually 'living' in Tazoon would give a reason to go besides vault upgrades, porting to Floating Island or doing next Dimensional pocket quest.

Spaghetti at the wall, and all

Sleel

Default Re: Cottage plots

What would be the reason to buy a "cottage" plot over a normal and likely far larger plot? It'd cost the same $15 a month, but a "cottage" plot would be really expensive and yet smaller?

The Tazoon plot idea is interesting, but I have a feeling that the models that make up Tazoon are not very dynamic. I would love to see Tazoon-style buildings available for building on plots though.

.:Malestryx:.

Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

Quote Originally Posted by Raptress View Post
    What would be the reason to buy a "cottage" plot over a normal and likely far larger plot? It'd cost the same $15 a month, but a "cottage" plot would be really expensive and yet smaller?

The Tazoon plot idea is interesting, but I have a feeling that the models that make up Tazoon are not very dynamic. I would love to see Tazoon-style buildings available for building on plots though.

Maybe you missed the part about it being a [I]second[I] plot. not the ONLY plot. Kinda like you own a cottage as a second property IRL, not as only one, hence, cottage.

Sleel

I was very aware of the "second plot" aspect when I made that post. The OP says that you would have to own a normal plot first and that you would then be eligible to purchase a "cottage plot."

But if you're going to have two plot slots anyway, you might as well get another normal plot instead of a cottage plot.

.:Malestryx:.

Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

i like the idea of a "cottage" plot as a loyalty reward
    Last edited by awdz; November 10th, 2010 at 01:13 AM.

Which would require a second account. This was for the purpose of using all those never-to-be-bought tiny plots on a single account, not a way to own multiple big plots wherever you felt on one account. Seeing as no one is ever going to buy the small plots unless and until there are enough subscribers to buy up all the big ones and have no other choice. Hell, almost no one buys the 40x40's or 50's for that matter. If they have it's just till they find/can afford a big one and move. This is a cottage, not a second residence idea. Nor one to remove the 1 plot/account system either. Who knows how long it will take for all condemned plots to free up on all servers before they can resize them.

Hell, I would like an 'apartment' building that could be rented to non plot owners for income. Being able to rent a small home for 'free players' might give enuf of a taste to upgrade accounts, maybeh

I like this idea to a certain extent. Being able to have a secondary
    "cottage" (much smaller) plot along with a normal plot for a paying
    account. I very much like Awdz idea of them being a Loyalty reward
    too.

I'd prefer the "cottage" plots be restricted to Guild Towns, but
    that is just me. I'd like to see our Guild communities looking
    more Lived in than they currently are.

I just do not see this happening. As VI has pretty much established
    the entrenched mindset of ONE account ($15/Mo) = 1 Plot. And our
    promised Loyalty rewards have yet to gather any progress after all this
    time. *nudge @ VI* Why hasn't THIS become your high priority
    instead of revamps of Loot??

Andaras

While not into biped plots I think that it is better that we have more larger plots instead of large amounts of tiny plots that cannot even handle an average sized house.
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

Seeing the fact there are so many different plot sizes (ranging from 40x40 to 100x100 or more) and the rule is 1 plot per account no matter the size, would it not be nicer to have a maximum of 10.000 m2 (or however many m2 the biggest plot in game is) per account?
    By doing this, players would have a choice to have either one really big plot (if available of cause) or dividing their m2 over more smaller plots.
    Giving players this possibility would also have the advantage of being able to build small plots with shop(s) and maybe a few (public) silo's in places where now there is little or no means in the vacinity to work resources found there.
    It would also help toward making Istaria look "more populated" and not so "empty and forsaken".
    And be a great help to all crafters in the community!

Ramaj

all great ideas:-))
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Unfortunately additional plots, even small ones, would mean more storage. Which means a larger footprint for individual players. More memory, more database, etc. More storage is not something we're prepared to add.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Thread Information