Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Who hunts the WA?

Default Re: Who hunts the WA?

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran View Post
    Who says you have to start with t5 techs? Make your first set with t3 or t4 techs. Easier to obtain, cheaper to buy. Then that new player CAN begin hunting for his own comps.
    That's what I always do! I've always upgraded my gear and stuff step-by-step... Although I'm not a new player by any definition, well, except by the players that claim they've been playing Istaria since the Crimean War...

Quote Originally Posted by Ahael View Post
    That's what I always do! I've always upgraded my gear and stuff step-by-step... Although I'm not a new player by any definition, well, except by the players that claim they've been playing Istaria since the Crimean War...

I also have done so.

Once upon a time we got to level 100:

- without any hoard ability at all

- with tier *4* scales

- with hoard that was impossible to raise to "max armor bonus" level, because it self-consumed by 5% *per day, including when logged off*.

- with *1* instant heal skill that contrary to today would get no bonus off stats or gear therefore it'd heal 60% of today (I recall this because I was the one who hammered David Bowman's on IRC till he let me spend nights checking for unassigned bonus healing / damage database entries with his devs).

- with 1 less hot spell than today. No ress. No lightning breath etc. We did not even had icons for 30% of our so few skills, we had the infamous brown snowflake placeholder and placeholder animations during combat.

- no claw slot

- less socketable scales

- Some of our skills did an unassigned damage, ie did base and that's it. Ravage (the one "high" damage skill we had) did visibly less than today. Spiked scales did lots worse than today

- We only had some ability quests, with time we got to level 70 ones and there we stayed for years

- We did not have skill points allocation.

- We did not have adult form, much less ancient and their related bonuses.

- We did not have any AoE except Tempest (but most used 2 ranks of it, tiers were stackable)

- Possibly more that I don't recall any more.

Despite that, we still joined rating 120 (180 later) players and fearlessy ventured in the nastiest places Istaria gave us.
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

all true Vah- we all experienced it like that,

it was pain and such incredible fun.
    And it took us years to play in the upper leaque.

But time has changed fast.
    For lots of new players, esp. younger ones
    that is not an exciting prospect
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

You got to 100 before Adult was implemented??
    Or are you just listing stuff that wasn't in game at launch XD.

*chuckles* I remember all of that but I don't remember too many making it to 100 before Adult RoP was even in...lol. I do remember countless dragons leveling from 70-100 on wolves alone because it was the best way. Kiling wolves in circles for 30 levels. Thankfully I'm so slow I never had to experience that (cuz hey what was the hurry? LOL)
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

I'm seeing a lot of "Back in my day, we had to walk uphill BOTH ways!" in this thread suddenly...

Okay, just because one *had* to do something like that in the past, doesn't mean it was right or fun. Okay, some might find it fun. But then some people might find a Root Canal enjoyable, that doesn't mean everyone does.

Okay, so I wasn't with the game at launch, does that somehow make me less of a person? My opinion doesn't count because I wasn't there "first"? I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that's not what is being implied (though it kinda-sorta sounds like it). Everyone who pays their monthly subs (especially those who pay multiples, I have 2 and I know some have more) should have a say in this.

Just like Real Life, times change, things change. Some people thought walking ten miles to school in 5 feet of snow was "okay" or "normal" and like to blast nowadays kids for driving cars to school. I'm seeing the same thing in this thread, "leveling to 100 before adult was even in the game" or "no claw slot" or "no socketable items" or whatever else wasn't finished when the game launched.

But just like Real Life, you don't see very many people willingly forsake these "commodities" to make the game more "fun". I can't count very many people leveling to 70 and leaving their character parked at that, or people refusing to equip a claw, or people refusing to socket half of their scales, or people not spending their training points to make the game more "Fun". They could, couldn't they? But they don't.

That shows that the majority of the people don't find it so fun, yes? Just like in Real Life, you don't get people walking 10 miles to school in the winter just for "exercise" or "fun" or "to be a better person". No, they hop on a bus or in a car like everyone else, some of them while berating about how we're making everyday life too easy. Double standards, anyone?

Again, I'm not trying to be mean or hostile to anyone in this thread (including those who are towards me!), but I do feel like some of this is going on in the thread.

"I'm seeing a lot of "Back in my day, we had to walk uphill BOTH ways!" in this thread suddenly..."

Let us ol` houses just chat about the good ol`days.
    We like it to tell each other how hard our childhood days were
    Makes us feel a bit like legends ya know?

"Okay, so I wasn't with the game at launch, does that somehow make me less of a person? My opinion doesn't count because I wasn't there "first"? "

Nobody said or ment that- pls do not be oversensitive.

"Just like Real Life, times change, things change. Some people thought walking ten miles to school in 5 feet of snow was "okay" or "normal" and like to blast nowadays kids for driving cars to school. I'm seeing the same thing in this thread, "leveling to 100 before adult was even in the game" or "no claw slot" or "no socketable items" or whatever else wasn't finished when the game launched.

But just like Real Life, you don't see very many people willingly forsake these "commodities" to make the game more "fun". I can't count very many people leveling to 70 and leaving their character parked at that, or people refusing to equip a claw, or people refusing to socket half of their scales, or people not spending their training points to make the game more "Fun". They could, couldn't they? But they don't."

We are aware of that!
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Okay, just because one *had* to do something like that in the past, doesn't mean it was right or fun
    Who said it was?

Okay, so I wasn't with the game at launch, does that somehow make me less of a person?
    Prosecution complex spotted!

I'm seeing the same thing in this thread, "leveling to 100 before adult was even in the game" or "no claw slot" or "no socketable items" or whatever else wasn't finished when the game launched.
    You are seeing the wrong end of the tunnel.

People are saying that they were here when things were worse, buggier and nastier and in hard mode yet they MADE IT, with ugly T4 gear, less spells etc, so you have no excuse to cry foul about game difficulty or whatever.
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

Thread Information