Thread: Disappearing tool

Default Disappearing tool

Hi All,
    This past week I am having problems with my mining pick disappearing when I swap it out for my weapon. Last night I had to swap out again to kill a golem who sneaked up on me while I was quarrying. But this time I decided to unequip the pick first and then equip the weapon, and the pick still disappeared from my inventory. I had to relog to see the item in my inventory. This is very annoying.
    So with this, it is a hit or miss as to the item swapping successfully.

Is there a simple solution to this bug or do I have to send in a ticket?

TheRock

Default Re: Disappearing tool

I too have had the missing tool. But in my case it was with the yew fishing rod with the new T2 tech that gives a +50 bunus to fishing. Some others have experience this too on my shard. Your mining pick have a new tech on it?

I also tried equipping other tools to have them disappear or morph into the previous tool in my hand. They would not appear in my inventory when I unequipped and had to relog also.

Have you stretched your inventory window in all directions to be sure the item wasn't out of sight? I have had that happen before, where the item was several rows outside of the current size of the inventory window.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

You can also edit a hotbar key to equip and unequip certain items if your inventory is messy and you may not see it there.

My case with the tech'd fishing rod was a bug, i'tt try to take a pic and put in bug section.

I believe the "missing tool" can be seen in your toon's hand, along with another one (two tools visible) but only one (not the one missing from inventory) is useable. In this case, the tool which remined useable was a fishing pole to which the abovementined tech kit had been applied. Perhaps these observations will be useful in resolution of this issue.

Knossos
    Last edited by Knossos; October 20th, 2010 at 03:15 PM.

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

So, is this perhaps a reintroduction of the same glitch that gave me a bronze crosssword (crossbow/sword), a cobalt smelting pick (smelting tongs/mining pick), and other dubious tools?

Of course, a relog cleared the issue up for the time.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

Thanks for the replies
    the pick got 3 sockets which were full as always.
    I did stretch the inventory window and even looked in the 2 pouches I had there ..but no pick was visible...
    but the next time it happens I will expand the inventory to full screen to be sure.
    I will pay close attention to what is actually in my hand and be sure to double check before i post back here.
    This past week is the first time i ever encountered this bug and I have been swapping my pick for my weapon hundreds of times.

thanks again and will post back.
    TheRock

Been having a problem with my yew fishing rod with fishing mastery tech. Have to double click or select equip twice to actually equip it and it won't show up in my hand, only on the equip window.

A few times I've had the problem of tools not reappearing in my inventory after switching tools. Usually have to relog to get it all fixed and then get a message saying my right hand has been emptied due to over equipping.

If I log out with my fishing pole equipped then my hand will be empty and the pole in my inv when I next log in.

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

The other thing you can do instead of expanding your inventory window is put it either in list mode (button with horizontal lines) or auto-sorted (button with rows and columns of little white boxes). If it's in your inventory, both should have it show up.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

Thanks again for replies...I have swapped the pick out for my weapon a few times since I posted here and all seems fine so far.
    I will try that when it happens again C'gan

Well I have to report back that it never happened since. I swapped out the pick for the weapon many times yesterday while at the marble and trav golems and all items stayed in my inventory
    knock on wood

thanks again for your help
    TheRock

This issue happens when you switch the equipped item while being overburdened. Only happens to me if a gem, stone, or metal golem has used the overburden ability on me and it roots me due to being overburdened.

You switch to a weapon to fight him off, and at the moment your pick goes into the pack, the icon never shows. It's not off the window or misplaced, its just not visible. Go into list mode and it's there. Can then equip it and it goes back to working normally. Just be sure you are not overburdened when equipping the pick and unequipping the axe, cause the weapon can also loose its' icon the same way. (But you can also find it with list view the same way).

No need to relog when it happens, just use list view.
    Last edited by Guaran; October 29th, 2010 at 05:50 PM.

I shall watch for that when it goes invisible again...

thanks

Thread Information