Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Graphics issues experienced with some players on Vista and Windows 7

Default Re: Graphics issues experienced with some players on Vista and Windows 7

Sooo... I decide to turn on my support logs in the launcher and in 1 hour gaming the DEBUG log file got to 1 GIG!

I was like wtf when I saw that when opening it I find thousands of lines with;
    WARNING TEffectsManager::GetParticlesFromPool RAN OUT OF PARTICLES (empty pool): requested 200 particles, allocated 0 (world effect = 0)
    Dakoren Ironhand - Multiclassed Half-Giant
    Krondel Bloodclaw - Ancient Dragon

Default Re: Graphics issues experienced with some players on Vista and Windows 7

Quote Originally Posted by Dakoren Ironhand View Post
    Sooo... I decide to turn on my support logs in the launcher and in 1 hour gaming the DEBUG log file got to 1 GIG!

I was like wtf when I saw that when opening it I find thousands of lines with;
    WARNING TEffectsManager::GetParticlesFromPool RAN OUT OF PARTICLES (empty pool): requested 200 particles, allocated 0 (world effect = 0)
    Not sure if it is related, but on any Win7 (Vista did this too), the TexMem value in the lagwindow goes to a sky-high value, whereas on a WinXP machine, it is stable.

I've seen some whopping numbers, 10+ digit numbers if I was logged on for a few hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhalin View Post
    Not sure if it is related, but on any Win7 (Vista did this too), the TexMem value in the lagwindow goes to a sky-high value, whereas on a WinXP machine, it is stable.

I've seen some whopping numbers, 10+ digit numbers if I was logged on for a few hours.
    Yep having the same here saying im using 730GB of TexMem
    Dakoren Ironhand - Multiclassed Half-Giant
    Krondel Bloodclaw - Ancient Dragon

Currently i did some testing.
    On mom laptop with Windows 7 home premium 64 bit
    ATI radeon mobilty 4100

I get weapon previews on item creation window and with linked weapons and tools

My main desktop pc
    Windows 7 professional 64 bit
    Radeon 4850 HD PCI-E

and i have no weapon previews or road sign like near kion are just a blank slab

Both laptop and desktop are fully up to date

After thinking heavily(overnight) i remembered that this is an old problem and i mean old (we are talking about at least just post merge era) and what i remember about it the most is that it was in part related to the specific font used forthe missing texts and graphics drivers. it seemed that for some reason with the same video card but different drivers one driver woud render the text the other driver wouldnt.
    Given enough time and the proper temperament anything doable in game is possible
    Confectioner first last and always

A further element of the Windows 7 graphics issue of the Stone “Road Signs” displaying only an “Arrow” and no legend, it should be pointed out that these Stone “Road Signs” are without substance as one's Toon can walk through them.

An update to this Windows 7 graphics issue comes to us with the release of client version 383.49.1, currently on Blight Shard:

The Stone “Road Signs” are no longer visible – except when the Toon is within visual range of the signs at login. These visible Signs are with Arrows, without text legend and with substance; i.e. the Toon cannot walk through them.

However, if the Toon is moved some distance from the area of these visible road signs and subsequently returns, the stone signs are no longer visible.

It should be noted that Client version 383.49.1 presents no such graphics issues under Windows XP SP3 (32 bit).

Perhaps this new information will be of assistance in resolving the Windows 7 graphics issues of this thread.

Knossos

I had similar issues and tried something on a friends computer to see if it helped. I went into her files and deleted her old video drivers. It worked for her she can now see the picture for items, the buildings in the build screen and the road signs. I don't know if it will work for me as my account wont be active for a bit yet but her machine is very similar to mine so I'm hopeful. In my experience both ATI and Nvidia are notorious for not removing old drivers so it may be worth a shot.

Muslyx
    Chaos server
    EoI

The devs asked me to update this thread with a request that if someone has ideas or suggestions, we're still trying to track down this issue. We are not able to reproduce this problem on any of the developer's computers.

The ideal situation would be to know some arrangement of settings that causes the problem, and undoing those settings fixes the problem. If we could do that, then we'd be well on our way to a fix.

Yfelvik
    - Istaria Customer Support

For myself the issue was resolved by removing the old drivers. I am not sure why this worked but it did.

Muslyx

In my case, removing old drivers did not resolve the situation.

I do have a further clue as to the stone road sign visibility with the latest client is not only 1) The stone road signs are visible when logging in while near them, and not visible if leaving the area of the road signs and returning (reported earlier) but also 2) The stone road signs are visible when porting to a pad which is in close proximity to stone road signs (just noticed) but are not visible if leaving the area of the stone road signs and returning (other than porting back in).

I do not have loading screen turned off.

Perhaps the above information will be of assistance.

Knossos

Quote Originally Posted by Knossos View Post
    In my case, removing old drivers did not resolve the situation.

I do have a further clue as to the stone road sign visibility with the latest client is not only 1) The stone road signs are visible when logging in while near them, and not visible if leaving the area of the road signs and returning (reported earlier) but also 2) The stone road signs are visible when porting to a pad which is in close proximity to stone road signs (just noticed) but are not visible if leaving the area of the stone road signs and returning (other than porting back in).

I do not have loading screen turned off.

Perhaps the above information will be of assistance.

Knossos
    New clue!

I turned off the loading screen and with loading screen off the stone road signs are neither visible when logging in near stone road signs nor are they visible when porting to a pad near a stone road sign.

Knossos

With Client 383.59.11 now on Live Servers, I am pleased to report the following:

Stone marker signs are again visible with arrows and legends and are solid..

The Weapon Tricking window in the Item Creation Screen once again has previews of hilt and blade options.

The tools and other items show picture on the viewing screen (though the images are too high in the window and the top portion of the images is thus cropped off).

Interestingly the Stone Markers are visible with the loading screen off, however now the port and recall times are much faster with the loading screen on than when the loading screen is off..

I hope that others who had been affected by the issues of this thread now can also see positive resolution of this long standing bug.

Thank you devs!!

Knossos

Thread Information