Thread: Contest this year?

Default Contest this year?

At the risk of getting yelled at- I am going to ask it anyways. Are there going to be any mask/mural/story/clothing contests at the end of this year? Maybe I stand alone on this-but I always look forward to the contests each year...... They are fun, they add something to the game that all can enjoy forever, players get to flex their creative minds (which gives them something to do and look forward to), and certainly makes one feel like they are " giving back" to the community.

I can sorta understand why no events- no time to set up decorations, npcs, quests, and event-only drops.... but why no contests? All the work is done by the players- just have to pick out the "best" picture and change it to an AGH file. And it is not like you have to remove them later after 1 or 2 months.

So can we pretty pretty pretty please have a contest this year? *Big hatchie eyes*

I lurk within the depths of your mind, for I am INSANITY!

Default Re: Contest this year?

Xantia, I agree with you on the point that setting up a contest isn't the thing that requires the most of time.
    Still, the team sounds very busy

We’ve come to realize that the whole of the loot system really could use an overhaul. So planning has already begun for how implement a loot system that gives players a feeling of accomplishment
    The team also plans to introduce new items for player plots
    a new alpha testing program for changes to the client
    Those are a few examples, and I did not create them.
    BTW,Amarie and the team are still looking for storytellers

Maybe I stand alone on this-but I always look forward to the contests each year......
    Then we are two
    Who knows ? A surprise can happen anytime

No yelling, just my 2cc

Yea not sure why you'd get yelled at...

But I agree, if its at all possible I think it would be awesome if any of the contests could return by year's end (or a new one...).
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

I do agree though I know the team is busy.

In the meantime-visit us on Orders`s gnomekindle plot and join the little events I prepared. First event and official opening of the plot is
    Sunday 14th.- 7pm Berlin (EU) time.
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Yes, I miss the Halloween and gnomekindle events, I feel its important to Istaria's community, its a way to bring everyone together and we need that.

Thread Information