Thread: User suggestions for forum

Jouger

Default User suggestions for forum

It is so great to have a forum again. Now just to tweak it.
    Here are a few of my suggestions:
    Font needs adjusted.
    Dark background is hard on the eyes.

Please add your thoughts and be constructive.

Great effort guys.

Default Re: User suggestions for forum

I'm really glad to see these forums. I feel a bit sorry for tazoon.com though. Very happy to see Dangit here, as his steady hand helped make the tazoon forums far and away the most civil and informative. Some heavy editing for a bit, to set the initial tone might go a long way to create a lasting constructive posting culture.

Ummm, I know a lot of work went into the "look", but it strikes me as being over-designed. The white on black is dramatic, but hard for some, especially older readers. The Ars Technica site ran a poll on their black background format, and found that they lost potential readers because they simply could not read the text. The tazoon.com forum look was simple and unintrusive and allowed a good data transfer environment.

I've never had a picture sig, but now have one that I would like touse. Instructions for the clueless would be very helpful.

Formatting capabilities look as if they will be outstanding. Don't seem to fully work now, and I cannot figure out how to delete post. Says I can, just can't find it.
    1. Lists! Tables! Great.
    2. Font size does not seem to work yet. Glad to see Georgia included.
    3. Strikethrough!

So off to a good start. I'd like to see a little tweaking, and of course it's gotta have a new engine! [:)]
    ____Kulamata Quality Armor___
    None Genuine without this Pawprint `',''

Achiever 86%, Explorer 60%, Socializer 46%, Killer 6%.

Default Re: User suggestions for forum

Quote Originally Posted by Kulamata
    I'm really glad to see these forums.

LOL I suddenly feel like I'm staring through my grandmother's looking glass. That is HUGE on my screen. [8-|]

Thread Information