Thread: Consigner fees

Default Consigner fees

Would it be possible to only get charged the consigner fee if somebody actually buys the item?
    I just lost the game.

Cool Re: Consigner fees

The problem with that that I can see is that it would allow people to essentially have free storage. Out of room in your vault? No problem, just put everything on the connie at an outrageous price so that no one buys it and there you go ... free storage.
    Last edited by SentientSeeker; November 7th, 2010 at 11:38 PM. Reason: removed the "unlimited" part from beore.
    N.B.: I reserve the right to be wrong and exercise it frequently.
    AzureFire - Spiritist - Chaos
    Glormf Sulfurous - Hatchie - Chaos
    Ruddy Bloke - Reaver - Chaos

Default Re: Consigner fees

I'd like to see an offer from the consigner for renewable consignment - to keep your items on her shelves for another consignment fee after two weeks rather than auto dumping into vault. If I could make the choice at time of original consignment, I'd go for it nearly every time. Or maybe adding a inquiry for the next time you log into game, starting a week before the items are due to be dumped, that you want to reconsign - if you don't confirm, then the items will be dumped into your vault. That would help prevent consigner overload and still save the inconvenience of rummaging through my vault and running it back and forth to where I want it consigned (e.g., tavern foods vs NT connie vs aug connie).
    Last edited by awdz; November 8th, 2010 at 11:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by awdz View Post
    I'd like to see an offer from the consigner for renewable consignment - to keep your items on her shelves for another consignment fee after two weeks rather than auto dumping into vault. If I could make the choice at time of original consignment, I'd go for it nearly every time. Or maybe adding a inquiry for the next time you log into game, starting a week before the items are due to be dumped, that you want to reconsign - if you don't confirm, then the items will be dumped into your vault. That would help prevent consigner overload and still save the inconvenience of rummaging through my vault and running it back and forth to where I want it consigned (e.g., tavern foods vs NT connie vs aug connie).
    This is an idea I could get behind. Along with what Awdz already said, her idea could also prevent the chance that consigned items won't sell at the opportune time. What if your particular item isn't selling currently, but then a player comes along that happens to really need what it is you're selling? And then what happens if the time runs out and your item(s) is/are returned to your vault just before that one particular buyer comes along? Or even if you happen to be gone for a few days, your items have already expired and then that buyer comes along?

A system like this could prove exceptionally useful to those that tend to use the connie frequently, but are also lazy/busy/away and unable to renew their consignments quickly/frequently after they expire.
    Chaos: Gael Tycarren--Dragon
    "I just... want to remember."

*Crazy Thought*

Why not change the consignment time from 2 weeks to 4 weeks?

More chance of items selling

Potentially more items available to sell

Will reduce the use of connies for vault overloading (which technically shouldnt be done anyway).

Slight increase of size of the database as a side effect.

*End of Crazy Thought*
    Chasing
    Chaos Shard
    Scarlet Dawn

Quote Originally Posted by Chasing View Post
    *Crazy Thought*

Why not change the consignment time from 2 weeks to 4 weeks?

More chance of items selling

Potentially more items available to sell

Will reduce the use of connies for vault overloading (which technically shouldnt be done anyway).

Slight increase of size of the database as a side effect.

*End of Crazy Thought*
    I think you mean "[crazy_thought]" and "[/crazy_thought]". Okay, sorry. Lame.

Anyway, if not the auto-renew, then I could see this being a nice replacement. Though, they'd probably feel the need to increase consignor fees as a result. =\ Hm...

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

personally i would like to see things stay until sold or removed, especially tavern items.....
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Quote Originally Posted by velveeta View Post
    personally i would like to see things stay until sold or removed, especially tavern items.....
    Especially tavern items. I can't tell you how many times I go to a tavern only to find all food items/nearly all food items are simply gone. I've actually taken to buying large masses of food items and storing them in my vault in case this happens at a bad time.

Quote Originally Posted by SentientSeeker View Post
    The problem with that that I can see is that it would allow people to essentially have free storage. Out of room in your vault? No problem, just put everything on the connie at an outrageous price so that no one buys it and there you go ... free storage.
    You can technically get close to free storage with a connie and a full vault anyway. xP

Quote Originally Posted by Akrion View Post
    You can technically get close to free storage with a connie and a full vault anyway. xP
    So long as you have plenty of gold and silver, sure. Maybe even a full Mithril or two if you really over-price.

Of course, if you've got that kind of money to burn, you would probably be better off paying other players to use their silos.

Quote Originally Posted by awdz View Post
    .. That would help prevent consigner overload and still save the inconvenience of rummaging through my vault and running it back and forth to where I want it consigned (e.g., tavern foods vs NT connie vs aug connie).
    For mass quantites of consumables like potions, food, dyes, and dye kits, it helps to use an alt created specifically for listing them for sale. Then you just get them out of his vault and re-list.

One way to help avoid having to rummage thru an un-sorted vault for things.

Quote Originally Posted by Armameteus View Post
    So long as you have plenty of gold and silver, sure. Maybe even a full Mithril or two if you really over-price.

Of course, if you've got that kind of money to burn, you would probably be better off paying other players to use their silos.
    Not quite. x3 People can use a private consigner to put goods up on at minimum price then wait for the consignment time to elapse, dumping the contents into your vault regardless of if your vault is at its limit or not. I personally don't do this because I think it's unfair to the server, but none the less it's a way. x3

Random note: The forums spell check 'consigner' as wrong but 'consignment' as right. I find this amusing.

Not quite. x3 People can use a private consigner to put goods up on at minimum price then wait for the consignment time to elapse, dumping the contents into your vault regardless of if your vault is at its limit or not. I personally don't do this because I think it's unfair to the server, but none the less it's a way. x3

Random note: The forums spell check 'consigner' as wrong but 'consignment' as right. I find this amusing.
    Hmm... I suppose you could. Though, yes, that is kind of like cheating. Heh.

I personally don't do this because I think it's unfair to the server, but none the less it's a way. x3
    Your month subscription pays for whatever might be 'unfair' to the server. The amount of things you can cosign are directly tied to the number of accounts you own.
    I'm usually too paranoid to use this method though as I hate vault dumps. More often then not, they occur when I'm using my vault to move large and expensive resources like T6 flowstones.

Quote Originally Posted by Shian View Post
    Your month subscription pays for whatever might be 'unfair' to the server. The amount of things you can cosign are directly tied to the number of accounts you own.
    I'm usually too paranoid to use this method though as I hate vault dumps. More often then not, they occur when I'm using my vault to move large and expensive resources like T6 flowstones.
    Yeah but the amount of things you can consign and the seemingly unlimited extent of which you can overstuff your vault are not tied. I've heard stories of people with ~100,000+ bulk overstuffed vaults by using the consigner, dunno if they're true but unless something was changed at some point recently I don't see it being impossible.

I doubt my month subscription would fairly pay for a vault overstacked by 1000 items.

well i have had to ask support for help once because of a big vault dump, and let me tell you first hand it was horrible. the help i got was great, but because of the stuffing something got corrupted and i almost lost it all. i was warned not to do it in the future as this can happen (something breaking due to the stuffing) and still let us remember it is an exploit, flat out. mind you i am a pack-rat and i never have enough space, so i do not like the attuning items, but i do understand somewhat why it is being done.
    "Knowing others is intelligence,knowing yourself is true wisdom.
    Mastering others is strength,Mastering yourself is true power"
    by Lao-Tzu

Thread Information