Thread: Videos make Istaria popular.

Default Videos make Istaria popular.

After a little investigation, I came to the conclusion that Machinima (videos created with a video game) makes video games much more popular.

For example, I would never have found out about the game called World of Warcraft if I hadn't seen machinima of it.
    And machinima can do the same to Istaria.

So what I am asking is, if you find something interesting to film, like an ROP or something weird like a totem made out of dragons, please film it if you can, and put it on youtube. Or if you already have interesting footage, put that on youtube.

Oh and if you have some footage which you would like to share, but can't edit it, give it to someone else (like me) who can edit it.

Here are links to programs I used for my trailer:

Wegame (filming program)
    http://www.wegame.com/ is filming program

Windows movie maker (editing program)http://download.cnet.com/Windows-Mov...-10165075.html For windows XP

http://www.downloadsquad.com/2009/02...sta-windows-7/ For both Vista and Windows 7

Ofcourse you can use other more advanced programs like Fraps, Adobe Premiere or Soney Vegas, but these are easy to use, free and definetly good enough for basic machinima .

Default Re: Videos make Istaria popular.

I started a video series a while back. Still looking for better audio for it and enough of more footage for the 4th installment.

I am considering starting a fresh hatchie and filming her adventures through til becoming an ancient in youtube installments. Don't know how sane of a propsition that is.
    Nisse 100 Helian/Nissei 100 Lunus/SShiak biped (All on Chaos)

Quote Originally Posted by Nisse View Post
    I am considering starting a fresh hatchie and filming her adventures through til becoming an ancient in youtube installments. Don't know how sane of a propsition that is.
    It is definetly doable, although it takes a long time. But to make it a series you will also need sound editing and voice recording equipment, cause else no-one understands what it's about.

Here is link for free, easy to use and advanced at the same time, sound edtiting end recording equipment:

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

You will need a microphone (like a head-set microphone) to use it.

I won't be doing any voice stuff. Just some simple text annotations.
    Nisse 100 Helian/Nissei 100 Lunus/SShiak biped (All on Chaos)

Text is easier. Some voices actually distract from Istaria or otherwise videos I watch to the point of not watching them all the way through. Nothing like pretending you are a dragon, then hearing a guy that sounds like your next door neighbor to kill the suspense of disbelief.

This is not to discount some of the players of Istaria that would make awesome voice actors. Been trying to think up a skit for months so I can have an excuse to have Knossos VO his own character.

Would it help if I did my Sean Connery?
    Dragon Scroll; BLIGHT~Anam, Ahleah; CHAOS~Veruliyam, Ceruliyan, Jaguarundi, Spinel, Ssussurrouss, Chon; ORDER~Aucapoma, Susurrus

Quote Originally Posted by Shian View Post
    Text is easier. Some voices actually distract from Istaria or otherwise videos I watch to the point of not watching them all the way through. Nothing like pretending you are a dragon, then hearing a guy that sounds like your next door neighbor to kill the suspense of disbelief.

This is not to discount some of the players of Istaria that would make awesome voice actors. Been trying to think up a skit for months so I can have an excuse to have Knossos VO his own character.
    Well it is true Istaria isn't a game for voices, cause there is no say emote and because you play dragons like you said. I just thought that when you actually undertstand how those sound editing programs work (like change your voice to dragon voice) it is also easy. Yet I am not even at that point so indeed text is better.
    Hadn't really thought about those things.

stephan, I`d love to see a "craft" video .

pics of nice plots, half- build plots, folks in craft gear working on plots.
    Guild plots, all those things.

But I am not able to make such a vid- noob with those things I am
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Post Re: Videos make Istaria popular.

Quote Originally Posted by stephan27 View Post
    After a little investigation, I came to the conclusion that Machinima (videos created with a video game) makes video games much more popular.

For example, I would never have found out about the game called World of Warcraft if I hadn't seen machinima of it.
    And machinima can do the same to Istaria.

So what I am asking is, if you find something interesting to film, like an ROP or something weird like a totem made out of dragons, please film it if you can, and put it on youtube. Or if you already have interesting footage, put that on youtube.

Oh and if you have some footage which you would like to share, but can't edit it, give it to someone else (like me) who can edit it.

Here are links to programs I used for my trailer:

Wegame (filming program)
    http://www.wegame.com/ is filming program

Windows movie maker (editing program)http://download.cnet.com/Windows-Mov...-10165075.html For windows XP

http://www.downloadsquad.com/2009/02...sta-windows-7/ For both Vista and Windows 7

Ofcourse you can use other more advanced programs like Fraps, Adobe Premiere or Soney Vegas, but these are easy to use, free and definetly good enough for basic machinima .
    I have WeGame and Windows Movie Editor.. WeGame clips dont seem to be compatible with Windows Movie maker, ive tried many atimes.. but ive got other screen capture programs that do work, im actually waiting to start work on some clips soon as Chaos comes back up

[Edit: I'm Running Istaria, WeGame etc.. on Windows 7 BTW]
    Last edited by Bahkar; November 16th, 2010 at 02:00 PM. Reason: Forgot a Detail

Quote Originally Posted by Bahkar View Post
    I have WeGame and Windows Movie Editor.. WeGame clips dont seem to be compatible with Windows Movie maker, ive tried many atimes.. but ive got other screen capture programs that do work, im actually waiting to start work on some clips soon as Chaos comes back up
    Well I had the same problem when I tried to film WoW with Wegame. Wegame is a great program, atleast if it works. If it doesn't however, it's indeed better to try another screen capture program (NEVER ask for help on the Wegame forum, you will never get an answer, believe me.)

Quote Originally Posted by LOVWYRM View Post
    stephan, I`d love to see a "craft" video .

pics of nice plots, half- build plots, folks in craft gear working on plots.
    Guild plots, all those things.

But I am not able to make such a vid- noob with those things I am
    Well I have been thinking of making a craft trailer so I can help if you want.

If so, maybe as help you can make some screenshots of crafting people and stuff like that. Or, if you understand how that works, make some footage (another word for videos, for those who didn't know).

You can then send it to me and I will edit it into a video, along with other footage I'll make myself.

Oh also I'm thinking of posting a list of sound effects like foot steps and fly sounds from istaria, and maybe from other games that might have other effects istaria doesn't have.
    This will, if you are trying to make a story, help making it sound more realistic.

Here are some sound effects of the movements of hatchlings and adults (both footsteps and fly sounds). If anything is missing just tell me. More will come.

Here is a link:
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/0eiu07

Just download it and extract in to anywhere you want.
    Student in Machinima.
    Ryuko Dawnbreaker: lvl 34 adult.
    Comosal Dawnbreaker: lvl 14 hatchling

Thread Information