Thread: 11/20/10: Order and Chaos Login Problems

Default 11/20/10: Order and Chaos Login Problems

The control servers for both Order and Chaos completely unexpectedly crashed earlier today. (The exact words from our lead server tech are "I've never seen anything like this happen before.") Of course, these things can never happen on a weekday due to "Murphy's Law of Computing", so it took some time for the right people to start working on figuring out what happened so it could be fixed.

That has started happening now, and the expectation is that the servers will be back online in approximately two hours.

Please note that this is a weekend and that everyone on the team has family obligations, so further updates may not be forthcoming as "status updates" but that someone is trying to get the shards back online as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience and understanding while that happens.

Default Re: 11/20/10: Order and Chaos Login Problems

I just got a text from our DB admin that the servers are back online. Others beat me to the "big announcement", but I wanted to confirm that so far as we know, it's not a false start... they really should be back. (Though I say this with a set of crossed fingers, as it has yet to be determined what shut them down in the first place.)

Thread Information