Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The War of the Fallen Son

Default The War of the Fallen Son

(Okay, so... yeah. I've never done or tried anything like this before, and certainly not on this scale. I normally am adverse to forum roleplay and prefer to do things live, but an all-out war is simply beyond my ability to accomplish without GM tools or speed typing in two places at once, both of which I do not have. Aside in-game GM events, I don't think this has ever been attempted in HZ, so let's see how it goes, shall we?

Rules/suggestions on how this works will follow the initial story post which sets up the War of the Edari/War of the Fallen Son. Enjoy!)

“There will be no more running.” Maurger carved at the debris with his claws, dust kicking up into the stale air of the hidden chamber. The rocks rolled away into a pile.

“There will be no more hiding.” The black drake sneered and slashed at the rock with all his strength, sending pieces flying everywhere. The pile he created was picked apart by stone hands.

“I tried to birth a better world for my kind without bloodshed, but it seems that all change must begin with blood.” The stone rumbled away as Maurger broke through, fresh air wafting into the chamber. He stood there and breathed it, enjoying the smell of it. He would not bury himself away to keep alive this time. He would fight for it.

“Even if I must infest every drake and dragonelle in the world, I will create a better society. No matter how long it takes.” He turned back to the stale chamber and looked over them – the fruit of his labor. His backup plan.

“Each of you has a part of me with you. Each of you has been crafted to the finest detail. One of your brothers fell, but from him we learned how to better protect you and make you stronger. For good or for ill, you shall go forth to your assigned targets. Kill or infest those who resist. Bipeds are of no use – slaughter them indiscriminately if they get in the way. Prove your right to exist, Edari! Build a world in which you too can live! Now, go forth! To battle! To war!” Maurger shouted. The stone lurched with the hideous cheers of the creatures he had created. Maurger gave a regal turn and began his march, his army falling in step as they marched through the empty lair. The drake had already sent his family to safety and made arrangements for them, even should he not survive. That thought was painful for him, for Amalteah had urged him to run and hide. But he had tasted freedom. He would fight for it.

At the end of Sak’tal, the army split and moved off without him. He would join them soon, but he had to ready the greatest of the Edari.

While half of the army hid themselves amongst the abandoned honeycomb lairs of Granitefall Mountains, the other half had a longer march ahead of them. Skirting the tip of Granitefall, the army passed under the watchful shadow of the Spire and entered into the blistering desert. Over the forgotten scars of battle they marched, coming ever closer to their destination.

They were not unnoticed.

“Captain Legendweaver! Come to the south wall immediately!” the half-giant Thurdang shouted. The human captain followed the alert to the south wall, where Thurdang pointed out the mass migration.

“I have never seen creatures such as them before. They look like golem, but they are dressed for battle,” Captain Aaron Legendweaver said.

“Should I ready the guard for battle?” Thurdang asked.

“It would be unwise to charge off like that. Summon Jasinda. Maybe she knows what these are.” Aaron said. The half-giant saluted and soon fetched the gnomish mage who maintained Tazoon’s mage tower. She had brought a spyglass and examined them at a distance.

“From here, they look like regular golems, save their appearance,” Jasinda said. “But that they have been carved like that, and that they march in formation, suggests that they have been animated to do battle. Only a dragon could have made them animate using primal energy.” She paused, furrowing her brow. “No, wait. Look at their faces.”

The Captain took the spyglass. Through it, he was able to see their faces – black, with a huge gray eye protected by stone eyelids. “That’s no simple golem.”

“The city is in a tizzy! What is going on?” Allambe demanded as he stormed up the path to Tazoon’s gate. The leader of Feladan-In-Exile never had left his position of power, and remained a representative of the elves ever since Feladan’s reclamation.

“Seneschal, I cannot be sure that it is safe-” Aaron began.

“If that is the case, then I should be definitely aware of what is going on!” the elf exclaimed, pushing past Thurdang and the Captain. “An army on our very gates?” he asked as soon as he saw the marching golems.

“They do not appear to be heading here,” Aaron said, begrudgingly polite. He handed Allambe the spyglass. “We believe those were created by a dragon, but we do not know who might have done so, or why.”

“Black ooze with gray eyes? Only one dragon I could think of who might fit that description,” Allambe said. He returned the spyglass. “There was a black dragon who was conducting negotiations with us about either joining the Imperial Council or replacing representatives to both Helian and Lunus. Mogger or Frogger or something. Talks were put on hold until he had unified his people.” The dark elf looked out at the golems as they curved to the north, passing the scene of the Great Battle. “I’d say negotiations have broken down.”

“A civil war then?” Jasinda asked.
    “I suspect little civility about it,” Allambe said.

“Thurdang, run to each of the guard and tell them to be on high alert. I’ll issue further orders once the matter has been discussed by the Imperial Council,” Aaron said. Thurdang once again saluted and departed.

“Just an alert, Captain? Should you not prepare them for war?” Jasinda asked.

“As far as I’m concerned, this is a dragon civil matter. Let them shoulder the burden,” Aaron said. “My only worry is this city. Allambe, will you call the Council to order? They should be aware of this.”

“I know how to do my job, Captain. I’ll expect a full report within twenty minutes,” Allambe said, walking leisurely down Tazoon’s main street.

“Should you not at least warn the dragons what is coming?” Jasinda asked.

“If their guard is as good as ours, then they should not need any warning. Besides – it is to Dralk they must march. Those dragons would sooner eat me than heed my warning,” the captain said.

“If this is the work of just one dragon… can you think of any parallel in history where one person brought down an entire society?” the gnome asked, adjusting her glasses.

“You presume too much, Jasinda. No matter the parallel, I’ll not risk our people to defend the dragons unless the Council deems it necessary. To pull back the troops needed for such a conflict could utterly destabilize the front and the undead could surge over our outposts and attack the towns. It would be like the old days again. Let what bleeding-heart or bloodthirsty Gifted will go to the dragons’ aid.”

He started as a councilman, too. I pray you can live with yourself, knowing you did nothing to stop the rise of the next Torrin Macalir,” Jasinda said. She walked away, leaving the Captain to his thoughts.

At last, the army arrived. The Edari arranged themselves in lines based on their type in the obsidian fields, taking from the harder stone whatever they needed for their goals. Three golems grouped together behind all the others, each giving up a black piece of themselves to form a small black dragon – a connection to Maurger himself. “The forces at Dralk are prepared to act, Lord Maurger,” one of the general-golem said. Its voice sounded like vibrating gelatin.

“The golem of Chiconis are also prepared,” said the generals hiding just behind the crest of the Granitefall Mountains.

“Excellent,” Maurger said, the goo-doll chipping at some unseen structure. “You have your orders. Send in the first wave. Destroy the travel gates.”

“As you command, Lord,” the Edari said in unison. One of the three generals walked to the front of their army and reviewed the troops he was to lead. The first wave consisted of two types of golem – the basic grunts, and the wizards. The grunts were of the same simplistic design as the prototype: heavy forearms, small hind legs, gelatinous connections. They had evolved, however, since the failure of the prototype. Side-stones of granite and obsidian hung over their shoulders and hind legs, protecting their joints from the hellish dragon flame. Their fingers had been sharpened with tips of obsidian to allow for easier infestation.

The wizards, however, were something altogether new. Maurger had experimented with his Dark Primal since he first went underground following his expulsion from the Blue Phoenix’s lair. The wizards were the culmination of his study: thin-framed, more humanoid golems, with bodies draped in ooze like dark robes. They had adapted all of Maurger’s spells to their own and had many surprises in store for the dragons that resisted them.

“By the will of our Lord, we shall bring down the society of ancient scale that has lasted four thousand years! A new age will begin this day! Rise, Edari of the Desha Treskri! Death comes to the unwilling!” The golem – Edari – saluted their first general by pounding their chests with their heavy stone hands. The general turned, himself a golem of khutit features armed with swords of obsidian and the breath of evil itself, and cried out a hideous gurgling screech as the army charged into the city.

Dralk and Chiconis both had come under siege by an army not seen since the rise of the Aegis.

Maekrux and Ausixen had been conversing with Valkoth and Semeneth. They were overturning all they had done while under Maurger’s influence and getting an update of the situation with more clear heads.

“I do not know which is worse, old friend,” Valkoth said. “To have your body taken from you, or your mind.”

“Each has their pains, Valkoth,” Maekrux said. Ausixen nodded to that.

“I know you suggest that Maurger would do something drastic, but what could a single dragon do?” Semeneth asked.

“We do not know for certain. It is possible that he may go back into hiding again, until he can return with a population of dragons loyal to him by birth,” Maekrux said.

“I think he will do something more drastic and immediate than that,” Ausixen said. “Drulkar has warned me of a looming shadow that is soon to descend on us.”

“This is dire prediction, Champion. I pray to Drulkar that this shadow is not as great as I fear,” Semeneth said.

A roar of battle broke their meeting. The four piled out of the ancient’s lair to see the first wave of Edari tumble down the path towards Dralk proper, the guards rising up to fight against hopeless odds. Semeneth’s wings drooped.

“By Drulkar, what has he done?” Semeneth asked.

“Semeneth, you must return to Chiconis immediately!” Maekrux exclaimed.
    “But if Dralk-” the ancient began.

“If Dralk is under attack, then Chiconis may be as well,” Maekrux said.

Valkoth roared. “Sacrilege! Rally the guard! Summon all dragons able to fight! This heresy will not go unpunished!” Ausixen lifted his wings and spread his claws, preparing to fight.

“No, Ausixen, you must go with Semeneth,” Maekrux said.
    “But grandfather!” Ausixen exclaimed.

“Chiconis is in more immediate danger, for he would have an easier time holding it than Dralk. If he is to show his face, that is where he is likely to be. Go, now! Neither city must fall to him!” Maekrux exclaimed.

“You are right. Hurry, Elder Semeneth!” Ausixen exclaimed. The elder nodded and the two of them escaped through the travel gate.

“It is like the battle of Tazoon all over again, isn’t it Maekrux?” Valkoth asked.

“I was but a hatchling then, and could do nothing but watch my father die. This time, I will not stand idly by and let the battle for our future be decided by others,” Maekrux said.

“Prove to me you still have it then. You owe me after that stunt you pulled with the rune,” Valkoth said, grinning as he took to the air. Maekrux followed.
    Maekrux Vythulhar, the Blue Phoenix
    "Resurgam!"

(OOC)

Here’s how this works.

Your role is to come to the aid of either Dralk or Chiconis and help to defeat the opposing army. Take whatever character(s) of yours that you want to participate to the city of your choice and battle the current golem types available. Bipeds are also welcome to participate!

You do this by writing a story post including your character fighting off the golems. Posts can be long or short depending on your preference. You’ll have approximately a week to post before the next wave advances (goal is Saturday advances, but I am sometimes slow to write).

The war takes place in one day, so avoid talking about ICly until the last attack has come and gone.

There will be three waves of attacks. Each wave will add new types of golem. For instance, the first wave has three types of Edari: the grunt, the wizard, and the leading general. I will offer descriptions and type of attacks the golems will utilize in these OOC posts, and you will also see some of their attacks in action in the IC wave posts. This information is to make your post better when you fight the Edari.

Each wave will also have a target. It can feature into your post or not, but that’s their general goal.

The Edari golems are NPCs. They are semi-sentient and are not directly connected to Maurger, and are therefore autonomous. You can do whatever you want to them – win, lose, get infested – so long as it is in the spirit of a war scenario (no dancing with the golems! They hate dancing). The army is supposed to lose, so don’t worry too much about godmodding – that’s why they’re NPCs and not players ;p

On that note, though, make sure at least someone other than Mae or Ausi is defending both cities. If they are unopposed, they will capture their goal. I really don’t want them to win, so help me out here >.>;

Next post will give specific information relating to the Edari of Wave 1. Post following that will be an example of one of my characters fighting in the battle at Dralk.
    "Resurgam!"

WAVE 1 – Testing Their Strength
    TARGET – Destroy the Travel Gates

Leader: Edari-khutit

Description: a golem body twice the size of a half-giant carved into the shape of a khutit. One of the few Edari with two eyes. Part of the body is hollow, and the ooze that animates it circulates around inside like blood. It has two obsidian claymores, and additional armor in the form of marble plates around the chest, legs, and outer arms.

Attacks:
    Weapon Mastery – The Edari-khutit is an expert at dual wielding with the obsidian blades. Note that obsidian tends to crack and fragment under stress and will leave very sharp pieces embedded in its target.

Corrupting Breath – The general can breathe a gas of dark primal, causing the target to become physical ill and corrupt/age skin or scale. It can also cause hallucination or confusion if inhaled.

Unit: Edari Grunt

Description: thick and powerful forearms, small but strong hind legs. Similar in appearance to a baboon with a large gray eye for a head. Joints are comprised of the black ooze, but the joints are protected by plates of granite or obsidian and the shoulders, sides, and two that can be pushed together to cover the eye.

Attacks:
    Wild Swing – The golem swings its huge forearms to daze the target or break bone. Can sometimes leave itself open to attack while doing this.

Stone Throw – Can throw either stone it brought with it or stone ripped from the ground itself. Damage depends on the shape of the rock.

Piercing Strangulation – Golem attempts to choke the victim, piercing the neck with its sharpened talons. Ooze then comes up from the joints and enters into the wound, causing infestation and loss of body control. If quick, infestation can be removed by submersing in lava or burning dragon fire into the wound.

Unit: Edari Wizard

Description: an Edari with human-like features, but golem-sized stature. Gray eye for a face, and body covered in flowing ooze that looks faintly like a robe. Fingers are made of the ooze and its primary point of attack.

Attacks:
    Dark Prime Bolt: Similar to a Prime Bolt, but can corrupt/age skin or scale in addition to exploding on impact.

Ooze Vines: using its own ‘robe,’ the wizard manipulates the goo into the ground, travels through it, and then sprouts capturing vines around the victim’s feet. This gives the wizard time to infect its target if unchecked. Ooze returns to the wizard once the attack ends.

Dark Tempest: Black ooze leaves the ‘robe’ of the wizard and swirls around on a whirling wind. The ooze hardens into thin, razor-like objects, which can slash an unprotected target to ribbons. Ooze returns to the wizard once the attack ends.

???????: For Wave Two. Mwahaha.
    "Resurgam!"

(Example post)

Maekrux and Valkoth landed on the path before the floating hub of Dralk. Spreading their mighty wings as if to declare that no further trespass would be made, they stalked into battle. Maekrux struck with his claws against the grunt golem, tearing a chunk from its forearm and knocking it off balance. With a tail whip, he sent the advance golem flying into the wall.

The wizard golem behind the grunt waved its oozing fingers and channeled a bolt of dark prime, tossing it at the Blue Phoenix. The dragon lifted his paw in response, channeling a prime bolt of his own. His ball of prime met the aggressive spell in the air between them. The explosive energy created a crack of sound and a flash of light; Maekrux lowered his head and charged, lifting it at the last moment to knock the wizard to its ooze-covered back. Capturing its arms in his foreclaws, Maekrux spewed a burst of flame onto the wizard, utterly burning away the animating ooze that held the golem together. Maekrux roared his victory at the still-coming onslaught.

“Who next shall challenge the Blue Phoenix?” he demanded, rushing forward again.
    "Resurgam!"

Default Re: The War of the Fallen Son

((zomg thank you for this - I am actifve in several email/forum RPs and so I can do this even if I can't login for ya'lls stuff - I hope to post something tonight as I'm at work now but Frith-Rae shall emerge from her lair next to that portal they are attacking and asist Sem and Aux - though I will not RP them . Just dont kill meh! )
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

((Did anything happen to march through the Mahagra/Kirasanct area? I'm a bit of a dork and can't figure it out myself.))

Wherever I go, they make themselves known. It is my very presence that gives the passive voice and reason, for finally someone understands and listens to their voice. I am the listener. Finally, someone came into the world to speak. They have many things to say.

I've lived in dralk for two years now. It was difficult when I first moved in with my elder lady, being a human... for the latter of a year, she had to use magic to protect me from the other dragons.

Beyond that point, I managed to bond with the souls of the prime... to connect to the voice and spirit of nature and elements. Now, Runos need not worry for me. Most of the Lunus became reluctant to try eating me when they discovered an lava spirit can put a dragon's essence being attuned to flame... into utter shame. I did feel bad when that first dragon ignited into flame, but I did not ask the spirit of the pool to attack it. Few want to try now, and only those who are new in town have considered it (And like those before them, are alarmed when they suddenly burst into flame).

Most of the time it is chaos, as I travel and try to restore corrupted spirits to sanity where the hand of Aegis has grasped them. But today the chaos was different. Spirits came to me from the other side of the world as they followed the tracks of more than a beast. Glades and meadows became momentarily lifeless and dead silent, not even the air moving in these places before returning to life and motion. Chaos has a new shape. It is marching in two prongs, and I may be trapped before I can assist the other side.

~~

Runos, still ill for the better part of several months, hadn't moved from the same spot since the weakness first gripped her. She hacked up a grey slime onto the ground, a new symptom. The disease perhaps was evolving, and continuing to consume the lair ward's residual power. There hadn't been a dragon strong enough to move one of the largest and heaviest female dragons in dralk out into fresh air, and her children studied and researched in addition to trying to figure out how to fix it. I even tried too, but the spirits found this crawling corruption untouchable, lest it consume them.

Indeed, I was beginning to think it may have started as a common cold, mutating into something more resilient and sinister when it contacted some rune. Judging by how it is slowly evolving, it looked more grim every day. I stood there, stroking her shoulder, offering some comfort in a soothing touch.

I was suddenly assailed by whispers, shouts, and voices in succession and unison, speaking the same thing.

"The primal flows are distorted... There are ripples. Something is happening..." Runos said. She was probably feeling the flocking spirits the had crammed into her chamber, flowing in and out en masse every passing second by the hundreds. I held my ears and shook my head slowly side to side, trying to cope with the volumes before I simply reminded them I am only but a human.

"Shh... one at a time..." I whispered to them. By now, Runos was more than familiar with how they often forget I am not a spirit, but a living thing. I have limits with the mortal coil.

What I heard widened my eyes. As I heard it, my lips moved in unison, uttering the words I heard spoken from nature itself, at first in unison, then staggered from multiple entities.

"Unnatural beasts, corrupted in essence. They come for the heart of fire. They wait for the heart of water. Their master's soul is black as pitch, the ebon beasts march to mark the day with crimson. Death marches forward unlike the Aegis. The master seeks power, but such does not cause us fear."

They paused a moment before one spoke up once more, and I spoke with it.

"We fear loss of our speaker, and those who purge corruption in fire. The crimson rain will inevitably unlock the path to ruin."

But we looked at each other and only knew what was to be done. The spirits at first did not like the concept proposed, but eventually were convinced that it was the lesser of two evils. I was gifted anyways. Runos was just too weak to move, let alone fight.

The spirits flooded out of the chambers to return to their place in the world, while I bound my hands in rune-augmented hide, and leather armors.

Nature is always in chaos. But never before will chaos be seen on the scale that I can ... encourage... it to manifest in.

((Sorry about pre-story. :P Gives you a wee bit of backing about the character if you haven't met the strange little lady.))

~
    Azaraen
    Female Human
    Spirit Speaker/Monk (Really Storm Disciple)

She is relatively weak on her own, only having a basic training and the general abilities of a storm disciple in channeling lightning. More often than not, a touch will zap an enemy, leaving them reeling, but she is generally inexperienced yet as only a mere student and cannot inflict much damage.

Guardians: Normally flanked in most areas by four spirits, (air, earth, fire, water), the alignment to fire in dralk is unsuitable for spirits that detest fire. For this fight, her water and air spirit have not arrived. In their stead, a spirit of light and one of darkness are taking their place. The earth and fire inflict damage, while the light and dark sow support and chaos around the field (buff, debuff).

Combat strategy: Azaraen attempts to hang back and fight defensively. Her guardians are laying down her attack. If their master is under attack, they will drop what they are doing to defend her with relentless haste.

~

A human runs up from behind the portal, around it, and stands on the ledge near the shrine. For most bipeds, the heat here would sear them, but she seems quite unaffected as she calmly assumes a monk's battle stance. The area falls silent and it feels as if the fabric of nature awakens. Four points of light brilliantly fade into view, flanking the lady. They coalesce into forms, becoming more elemental than spirit, ready to strike.

And then they come at last. She walks in the direction, one tiny woman and four creatures against the army of black beasts she never had seen before. When she feels she is the right distance, she calmly speaks.

"Its time." she says with a smile. "Nature has declared war upon you. Forget a scorned woman... you've no idea the fury of nature scorned." She said, assuming the combat stance in this new spot.

"Show them your fury."

In but a moment (And in this time, I assume Maekrux's post happens), the massive elemental forces have arrived in the ranks of the enemy. The fire elemental and its earthen counterpart flung, crushed, melted and turned the front ranks into slag. The back ranks were suddenly covered in a thick black fog that consumed the light, blanketing them in cold, seemingly endless artificial night. The light elemental hung back to guard its master, finding the others not yet in need of assistance.
    Last edited by RuneDragoon; November 23rd, 2010 at 07:03 AM.

((Wow, perfect timing! I had just 'reawakened' one of my characters! He is not what you would call a 'hero', nor would be called a good person. He basically just goes to wherever there is violence nearest. In this case, Chiconis. I've never role-played on the forums like this, though, so bear with me!))

The large, black drake had been soaring around the swamp, though nothing interesting had happened. Golden eyes, chest and stripes adorned his hide as he now drifts over the Granitefall Mountains. Nothing had changed since he was sealed away by that wretched ancient, and had woken, not to the small folk of Rachival he had expected, but strange, metallic things. The ground was now black.

Seventhus chuckles. Those stupid gnomes got what they deserved for helping his foe seal him away. Not until those two stupid hatchlings had freed him.

Now, scanning the ground for any sign of something that could amuse him, he fans his wings, coming closer to the ground every moment.

As he approaches Chiconis, his wings miss a beat, causing him to plummet a few feet, but he catches and steadies himself. Hovering hundreds of feet above Chiconis, golden eyes surveying the ground, it took only a few moments to register that the Helians were under attack.

Snorting, he considers leaving the Helians to get what they deserved, but there was no way in Nyrevin's Hall was he going to miss a battle like this!

Flexing his wings, tensing his muscles, he calculates about how much he can take. After seeming years of being sealed, he had not yet had a battle. Never had he had a battle like this.

Taking his time, he flies repeatedly over the city, examining the battles and how the golems were weak, how they could be eliminated, and what effected them most.

Satisfied, the drake then slowly circles down, examining the ground for a place to land. Great wings spread, he touches down near the portal where everything seemed to be headed and wasted no time in unleashing his fury upon the nearest one.

Seventhus drops the mauled body of one of the Grunts. It had gones for his neck, but in its stead met his jaws. Amused by the appearance of the Edari Grunt, he takes a moment to examine it, though slightly troubled by the black ooze. Dismissing it as probably blight, he turns to wait for the next attack.

Faster than he thought it would take, the attack came. Ooze vines wrapped themselves around his paws and legs, causing the drake to snarl. Seeing a thing like a Prime Bolt heading for him, he braces himself, summoning a primal shield which he had learned during his Lunus Rites, he took it, shielding his head behing a wing.

Breaking himself free, the prime bolt hitting it's mark and exploding at his chest, he casts a quick breeze over himself, he charges at the Mage, roaring. Though the heal was strong, it did not heal him entirely. The scales at his chest were slowly becoming corrupted.

With a few powerful wings summoned by his wings and several clawing/biting moments later, the Edari Mage fell.

Grunting, he looks around. Momentarily he thinks of abandoning this as a thing that took too much energy, but then reminds himself that this was a Helian city. Maybe, if the new golems were reduced enough in numbers and the dragons were defeated, he could take this city as his own!

Chuckling with that thought, he turns and charges to battle again, roaring a challenge to everything within hearing distance.
    I'm the kind of person who will burst out laughing in dead silence about something that happened yesterday.

Don't knock on Death's door. Ring the doorbell and run; he hate's that.

(ok so not last night...getting ready to travel so here's something quick to get included, I may not can post again before Friday so I understand things must move ahead..lol).
    >>IC<<

The old Lunus female lay in the depths of her partially finished lair. Cobwebs encircled her, and one would only know this was a live dragon by the barely noticeable rise and fall of her belly as she breathed.

In an almost coma-like state she had lain for months, checking out of the world again as she had several times before. Ever since her sebeo had slept years ago, she often found more comfort sleeping by his now stone-hardened hide than in the waking world.

But her proximity to the Chiconis shrine and portal meant the first sounds of the invasion slowly leaked down to where she slept. She was just starting to become consciously aware of what she was hearing when a battle cry rang out.

Chuckling with that thought, he turns and charges to battle again, roaring a challenge to everything within hearing distance.
    Her earfins fluttered and now fully awake she raised her great head. Spiders skittered in fear, their webs moving and breaking apart. She blinked, slowly at first, and then as her eyes cleared of the sleepy fog, more rapidly.

"That...those...that's a fight!" Her mind was now fully awake. Registering what could only be the sounds of a fight, a huge one at that - outside her lair!

She rumbled to her feet, tail lashing. "Fighting! In a dragon city! Not to be tolerated!" She ran up, quickly reaching her top level and flying out of her lair behind the Chiconis shrine. She barely cleared the top of several golem-looking creatures, working on the shrine itself.

She roared, a loud echoing sound ringing off the mountains that surrounded her, and spit fire on the golems as she flew over them. They burned. The fire of an Elder melting them on contact. She was old, but she was not frail. And now her purple eyes seem to glow with battle-lust. The very large (as large as she was old), blood-red female, was now in full fighting-mode. She circled back over the portal area and saw the whole of Chiconis under attack.

Creatures she didn't recognize, but knew were unnatural and evil. She spotted a lone dragon, beginning to fight off the waves. She gave a sigh of relief, at least she hadn't missed much!

Cackling she landed next to him, tail swiping a few more golems into the mountain wall nearby. "Can't let you go having all the fun here.." she announced to him in greeting.

She braced herself, crouching, as a new creature approached. This one seemed like a human made out of rock, and clearly a magic user. As the robes swirled Frith-Rae clawed at the creature, causing great rends in its rock-flesh but no damage to the robe.

Then she too began to notice the black, oily substance, leaking out of the ground beneath her. She looked at the mage, then back and at the ground. She immediately released her ice-breath, freezing the oily substance trying to grab at her feet. Shattering the initial threat, she let loose a huge gout of flame at the mage - watching it melt before her.

Not satisfied with such a death, she lept onto its melting form and quickly ripped off its stone head. Crunching its head between her teeth, she let the pieces drop from her mouth as she readied herself for whomever charged her next. Head held low, crouching, wings slightly up - she swayed back and forth, waiting.

Take HER portal and laze training spot! She thought not!
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Iea has returned.

Delaware, USA that little state no one knows about XP

((I will be using both Callihan and Selarth, but I will do their posts separately to make it easier to read. I will not be using LyAria since she's pretty much on the shelf.))

Callihan woke slowly from his slumber. He was curled up in the main chamber of his home in Aruken just north east of Chiconis. His stomach rumbled quite loudly so the white, yellow striped drake heaved himself up to get some breakfast. As he emerged from the lair he could hear something far off in the distance. He wasn’t quite sure what it was at first, it was a low rumbling noise. After a few moments he recognized it to be the sound of many, many, many feet all marching at once and it was coming from Chiconis’ direction. Callihan launched himself into the air and soared upward to see what was going on. Within seconds he was clear over the small mountains. His stomach dropped and his heart leaped into his throat with what he saw: an army of golems marching through the city. He could hardly believe it! His thoughts then immediately turned to his family; he had to keep them safe. With an army practically on their doorstep, Callihan knew that his daughter Nykali could not stay here. Callihan immediately flew back down and darted into the lair his mind whirling. He didn’t know what those golems were, from afar they looked like normal golems, but he knew that wasn’t the case. Golems did not stage massive attacks against cities! The things move in an organized and military manner. The drake quickly moved through the lair and went to warn his family.
    Anariah, Callihan, Selarth, Osiron, Asandra, Azayan, and Zefani of the Order Shard
    Want a pic of your character? Click here!

Selarth soared high above the glimmering white expanse of mountains and snow. He often took long flights around the snowy lands of Mahagrah and the surrounding areas. This time he was heading west towards the volcanic lands of Dralk. Relaxing next to a lava flow was a good way to rest after a long flight.

The blight dragon coasted along lazily, the land below turning from snow to stone as he flew over the Heated Tundra. The heat from the land increased sending up wonderful thermals to glide on which Selarth took full advantage of. As he glided something caught his eye in the distance. It looked like a mass of something moving across the landscape. Selarth flew closer to get a better look at what was going on and he found that it was an army of what appeared to be golems marching along to Dralk. It was obvious that these were no normal golems but constructs made by a wizard of some sort and they were definitely equipped for war.

Several golems below caught sight of Selarth inspecting them from above and immediately began attacking. Several Edari wizards began tossing dark prime bolts at him while grunts began hurling stones. Selarth quickly flapped up and out of the projectiles’ path ducking and weaving around in the air. Selarth was not an exceptionally nimble flier, he would not be able to keep dodging and weaving around. The blight dragon climbed higher and higher out of range of their attacks.

He was flying over Dralk now. The golems were targeting the transport gates. Smart since they didn’t want any enemy reinforcements. Selarth pondered swooping down and stomping a few. He noted that someone was already engaging the golems: some… human woman and these strange creatures. How odd.

Selarth decided he should test these odd creatures to see how strong they were. He wasn’t very interested in defending Dralk so much as having a good fight. He couldn’t really care less if the place got taken over by some army, as far as he was concerned they deserved it, but might as well have a little bit of fun right? The black and green dragon dove down into the fray landing on one of the army’s flanks. He decided to go for some of the grunts just to see what they were about. A bunch of Edari charged Selarth and the blight dragon replied with vicious slashes of his claws which gleamed with golden energy. His claws were also imbued with blight energy which aided in destroying his enemies. The grunts fell easily enough, wasn’t much different than fighting real golems aside from the odd goo that held them together. Selarth paid no mind to that and continued slashing and tearing at his foes.
    Anariah, Callihan, Selarth, Osiron, Asandra, Azayan, and Zefani of the Order Shard

((Never role-played on forums either XD hope this goes well.... Not to long though))

The large, black dragoness was flying swiftly over the mountains, eyes wide, almost afraid of something. Daemonar immediately looks down once she is over Chiconis, but was in no way expecting the sight before her.

Nearly coming to a stop, she blinks, then sees Seventhus fighting. Not believing her luck, but also wishing she were somewhere else, she hovers high above Chiconis, occasionally catching a rock that was thrown to her and throwing it back.

This was the gifted's battle, not hers, but she didn't really want to see anyone die... Grumbling to herself, she just remains circling high above, forced to retreat out of range from the rocks and spells cast to her. She wasn't strong enough right now, anyways. She just watches.

(@ RuneDragon - No, they passed the south side of Tazoon's desert, then marched north through the western half of it. They were closer to the Western Deadlands than Kira.

Also, weeee~ Thanks for posting everyone!)
    Last edited by Kaerisk; November 24th, 2010 at 01:08 AM.
    "Resurgam!"

Eidolen was in Runos' lair, on a side chamber not far from the main room. Currently open on the ground around him were several scrolls, both on healing magics and on medicinal practices. Runos' illness was getting worse... she was now hacking up gray slime. This development further complicated matters. Of course, he had a vial of the slime and was currently busy analyzing it's contents as it rested in the middle of a runic circle. Magic broke it down to a molecular level, and allowed him to 'see' what it was. This didn't help much with finding a cure, though.

He could faintly hear Azaraen in the other room. Those spirits of hers were fascinating, but... he already had is paws full with his other projects. Perhaps he could study them another time. He didn't notice her leave, though, as he was too involved in his work. It didn't take long, however, for the sounds of battle to reach him, muffled by the walls of stone. He knew that sound... this was no squabble amongst the gifted. No... this was the start of a full-scale war.
    The first thing that goes through his mind is /...****. Not again.../

Eidolen immediately dismissed the runes monitoring the vial, and hurried for the exit. Stopping in the main chamber, he approached Orribus, Runos' faulty war golem. Mythril II wouldn't be much use, as it was ordered to guard the lair and had no will of it's own. Orribus, however, was a strange case. This golem had somehow gained a mind and will, after an incident in a Dralk lava pool had left it broken. Runos managed to restore it to working order, but somehow it had become a magma golem, with the old mithril form trapped inside like a skeleton. The magma golem heard the sounds of war as well, and understood what that meant. It was alert, standing at the entrance as an extra guard despite it being Mythril's shift.

"Orribus, come with me. The other golem can guard the lair, but I'm not going to set by whilst my home is overrun. I need you to guard me. I'm not much of a warrior, and my magic is best used from a distance... I need something between me and my targets."

The golem looked over the hatchling, as if in appraisal. It wondered briefly if it ought to go... after all, this drake was not it's Master. Only Runos could give it orders. But... it was pretty sure the Master would be upset if one of her hatchlings were killed, so what choice was there? It followed him to the surface.

Eidolen stepped across the threshold of the lair. As armies went, he'd seen bigger. Or, more accurately, he had fled from bigger. But that didn't mean he was taking this lightly, far from it. He was doing his best to subdue his emotions, despite the painful memories that haunted his mind like shades, refusing to be banished. Taeilo's walls falling, the living dead flooding through the breach. The civilians -that is, everyone. They didn't really have a standing military- fleeing in panic. It took only minutes for the bravest to take a loose formation, but it wasn't enough. The air was thick with magic, knots of enemies fell as the ancients of his kin spearheaded the retaliation. But it was mere moments before they were overrun, And from there, the rest of the city was open to attack.

The white hatchling was startled. back to reality by a bolt of black energy going off not a meter away. He gave a startled yelp, skittering away from the impact. The yellow runes on his hide glowed a steady warning, telling him he was in danger. As though he needed to be told after that! Right, down to business.

Orribus took a defensive position in front of Eidolen, serving as a living shield. Well... not quite, as the golem was no more alive than an automaton. The molten form oozed beneath a membranous skin of cooled magma, as the melted ore drew back from the edges of it's claws, unsheathing bony-looking talons of solid mithril.

Eidolen raises his forepaw, the intricate runes over his paw lighting up as he called his magic. He could feel the energy from his spirit and blood being channeled through his veins, merging and being refined into something else altogether as it spouted from his paw in waves reminiscent of an aurora. The waves of energy bore into the ground around him, carving out a runic circle and a set of corresponding runes much faster than he could have done manually. This was more energy-consuming, but time was not something he had a lot of. Even now, a second bolt of dark energy was hurtleing towards him from the golem Magus.

Orribus, ever the effective guardian, was not actually planning on behaving like a wall. That would be of limited use. It raised a paw, massing a glob of magma in it's talons, and hurled it to intercept the bolt. Sometimes being intelligent had it's perks! It certainly hadn't been taught that, after all. Regardless of where the golem picked up such a trick, it successfully intercepted the bolt. There was a small explosion, as the corrupted primal energies tore impacted the molten rock. Bits of magma flew in all directions, landing mostly amongst the incoming army. There were a lot of minor burns, and one unfortunate grunt was struck in the eye.

That, of course, attracted the attention of more than just the one wizard. But before said wizard could cast another bolt, Eidolen had completed his runes. They would have to be expanded upon whenever he got the chance, but at least he could use this same pattern throughout the fight. He didn't have to do that lengthy casting over and over. He raised a paw towards the oncoming golems, feeling for the magics that kept them moving. A grunt was charging Orribus, but Eidolen kept his focus on the magi.The runes on the ground flared a bright, eerie shade of blue as magic coursed through them, and Eidolen severed the ties of magic animating the wizard that had attacked twice before. It collapsed to the ground, nothing more than an inanimate stone.

The lead grunt was upon Orribus then. It lept at the magma golem, which braced itself for the impact. The grunt slammed into the burning body, failing to realize that it's foe was made of magma. Duly braced,Orribus nevertheless stumbled under the weight of the blow. It didn't buckle, however, and it reacted with a vicious blow to the leg. The grunt went down, limb smashed. It might have continued fighting, were not the black ooze, it's life-blood, quickly being incinerated by the magma coating it's body. One didn't grapple with a magma golem without getting burned, after all.

((just as a note/reference for others since you didn't mention in your post and I have no idea - is Eidolen fighting in Chiconis or Dralk? I know I want to know cuz I need to know if I can see you fighting in Chic where I am...lol))
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Iea has returned.

(Doh. Dralk, lol)

Callihan could now hear the cacophony of battle even from within the lair. He gritted his teeth an knew that he would have to join the fray. They would need all the help they could get. He could not allow the encroaching army to take over Chiconis or his home. The white and yellow drake bolted out of of the lair leaving Nykali to Nyoko. He launched himself up into the sky and flew as fast as he could to Chiconis. He soared high above to assess the situation. Flying straight in without knowing he was up against was a sure way to get himself killed. So far he could see there were three different types of golems. Two seemed to be melee oriented along with a caster type. He’d definitely have to be careful with the khutit looking golem with their wicked looking obsidian blades. His scaleless hide wouldn’t stand up well against them.

Callihan flew lower to get a closer look at the golems wary of any projectile attack. They looked eerily familiar. His eyes widened in shock as he recognized the make of these golems; they were just like the one he and the others fought in Maurger’s lair! So that vile monster decided he was going to bring the fight.

A growl rumbled in Callihan’s throat, but he resisted the urge to immediately plunge down and start tearing them apart. He had to warn the others who were fighting about that black ooze.

Weaving back and forth through the air avoiding several dark bolts and rocks hurled his way, Callihan flew towards the other warriors. “Don’t let that black ooze get into you!” He roared at the top of his lungs hoping they would hear him above the clamor of the fight. “You’ll lose control of your body!”

Callihan let out a roar of pain as a rock smacked into his left wing. He fought to keep himself steady in the air. He flew upward and steeled himself for the fight that lay before him. His body began to gleam with a coat of golden energy as he summoned his Gold Shield, his claws also took on a golden energy imbued with the destructive power of his Gold Rage. Callihan dived down into the thick of the battle with a savage roar.

The Helian warrior dropped onto of one of the grunts tearing into it’s stony body with his claws. He tore at it with vicious blows dismembering it. Several others tried to swarm him, but the white and yellow drake knocked them back with a heavy lash from his tail. They quickly righted themselves and charged again swinging wildly at him with their fists. Callihan leapt backward dodging their blows. He slashed out with his golden claws sending rock chips flying in every direction. Callihan let out a snarl as a dark bolt caught him in the back. He whirled around to face an Edari Wizard prepping another bolt. Callihan gather a mass of primal energy in his forepaw and hurled it at the wizard which exploded on impact knocking the wizard and several other Edari down. It wasn’t enough to take them out though. Callihan wished he was a stronger spell caster, but he still had his claws. Callihan charge the wizard and dealt it the same savage attack with his claws he gave the others.

Battle Update
    Dralk

Player Defenders: Eidolen, Orribus, Azaraen, Selarth, Maekrux
    NPC Defenders: 95
    Defender Status: Travel Gate is still operational. City defense is going well.
    Enemy Status: Losses heavy for Wizards. Wave 1 General still lives.

Chiconis

Player Defenders: Seventhus, Frith-Rae, Ausixen, Callihan… Daemonar is nearby (LungTien is also defending the city, but has not been able to post due to computer issues.)
    NPC Defenders: 45
    Defender Status: Travel Gate is still operational. City has fewer defenders, and the enemy army is pushing in.
    Enemy Status: Losses even for Wizards and Grunts. Wave 1 General still lives.
    "Resurgam!"

The Edari seemed endless to the defenders as they held the line against them. Though a grunt or wizard fell, another would come to take its place. How much more could the cities take?

The Khutit-Edari of Chiconis rammed his obsidian blade through the throat of one of the guards, shards of obsidian tearing open the hapless dragon’s gullet. Stepping atop the creature’s broken body, he saw that his push was successful; despite the rallying defenders, they had swept into the city and the Edari battled the dragons with ferocious abandon. Stretching out one limb, black ooze rose through his wrist. It formed into the shape of a small black dragon. “My lord, the Battle for Chiconis proceeds well, but we have not yet captured the Travel Gate,” the general spoke.

“Excellent. You are doing well, my child,” Maurger said through the goo-sentient connection.

A second form appeared: the other Edari-Khutit. “Defense at Dralk has been stronger than anticipated. We have not approached the Gate as yet,” the second spoke in its guttural tones.

“Understood. Now is the time to switch targets – they will not expect your next move. Take and hold the citadel, and use the spell the mages created. You may use the Vanguard,” Maurger said. The black dragon moved its paws intricately, focused on his unseen task.

“It shall be done, lord,” the generals said in unison. Each channeled their dark power through their obsidian blades, launching a ball of dark prime into the air like a signal flare.

The dragons of Dralk had fought the enemy to a standstill, holding the pass into the city in front of the floating citadel of rock. Black ooze ran on the ground like blood and mingled with the blood of dragons injured or slain. The guard of Dralk had been rallied from all corners and even Byrsmendrik had returned to fight. Valkoth roared his appreciation to his kyn, and his ire to his foes.

“Glorious combat! Maginval Lunus himself would be pleased with our defense! Fight on, for the glory of all dragons! For the survival of our race and culture!” Valkoth exclaimed.

Chiconis has been less fortunate. Semeneth’s late arrival with Ausixen had left the defenders unprepared. Two dragons had stood alongside an unready guard and Town Marshall, defending the city until their arrival. The travel gate had been spared, but the enemy was still pushing into all levels of the town.

“Ausixen! Get to the front! I will coordinate the battle from the air!” Semeneth exclaimed, taking off and roaring to his fellow dragons to rally. Ausixen did as asked, coming alongside Frith-Rae as she battled the horde of Edari.

The ground shook as the second wave approached, lead by another general.

“Go forth, Edari! Today, we shall earn our right to live!” The second general of Dralk shouted. About the size of an adult dragon, but with a short neck and tail, the general reared up and roared a hateful screech over the defenders of the city. He was perched up above the defenders on the ridge overlooking Dralk. One brave dragon flew at him, but was eviscerated by a tendril of black, holding to a black steel blade; however, the tendril had not come from the armadillo-general, but from the army behind him.

A number of sphere-shaped Edari arrived, plates of rock moving around at the end of powerful black tendrils. They maneuvered so that many were on the floor and several were on top of them. Climbing onto them were their partners: the Swords of the Edari. Light stone and thick ooze joints like disgusting muscles of tar climbed onto the platform created from their partner’s plates. The Shield leapt off the cliff, using its defensive plates like a sled across the ash and stone.

“Ambush! It’s a pincer!” Valkoth shouted as the Edari Vanguard surrounded the defenders at the rear with the grunts and wizards still at the front.

One of the dragons rushed up to a dismounting Sword and blew his hot breath, but its Shield reacted as if by instinct – instead of hitting the target intended, the plates of the Shield had intercepted the flame with minimal damage. The dragon moved to retreat, but from under the plates stretched the deadly steel-tipped arm of the Sword, ramming into the dragon’s chest, the wound deteriorating and aging. The dragon stumbled back and fell.

The Boulder-General rolled into a ball and followed down the hill, joining the front and his fellow general. Kneeling down, the Boulder-General allowed the Edari-Khutit to mount him. His compatriot rode him forward into battle, roaring his own cry of victory.

Maekrux turned and approached the rear front carefully. Tossing prime bolts was a hopeless endeavor – even if the plates of the Shield were destroyed, it would replace them by tearing a piece out of the ground. Turning his flank to the pair, he blew a burst of flame at the Sword; as expected, the Shield defended and the Sword struck. He jumped forward, avoiding the blades as his breath continued, even as he ran around the pair. Though the Sword was defended, the Shield did not defend itself and the flame snuck into the eye-core. The Shield screeched as it burned from within and then was still.

Maekrux moved in to finish the sword, but it immediately began to slice and move wildly, the stretching arms becoming a whirlwind of deadly steel. Hopping back, Maekrux pummeled the Sword again and again with bolts of Prime until it at last fell.

“These are stronger than the last ones… could he really have developed these in so short a time?” Maekrux asked, panting heavily. He realized it then, amongst the screams and roars of his kyn and golems. Maurger had been in hiding for years before the Academy, working on these with the knowledge he had stolen from him. It made the Blue Phoenix seethe with anger. “You used my knowledge of golems, but did not realize I gleaned it from destroying them? I shall remind you, Maurger!” He roared as he charged back into the battle.

With the dragons distracted by the attack from behind, a group of Edari Wizards formed behind the main line. Clustered together, their robes wild with dark energy, they knelt to the ground and chanted with hateful energy, their black robes seeping into the ground. The air took on a stale quality as the ash fell heavily, and the igneous rock of the city of Dralk became darker, weaker. The very Prime of the earth began to drain the energy from the hapless defenders.
    Last edited by Kaerisk; November 28th, 2010 at 09:26 PM.
    "Resurgam!"

(Dun dun dunnnnn~ Round two begins~

Note: I think I was unclear, but there's only one Leader per wave, so a total of three generals at each city. The Khutit-Edari was the first of them, and the second wave has its own general as well.

Also note that the previous golems, like Grunts and Wizards, are still there. There's just fewer of them.

Lastly, Wizards have a new ability.)

WAVE 2 – The Vanguard
    TARGET – Capture Floating Citadel

Leader: Boulder-Edari

Description: heavily armored, this quadruped golem rears up on two legs to slash with vicious claws. It is about the size of an adult dragon with a short stone tail. As with the generals, this Edari also has two eyes, located at the end of a short neck; they are protected by plates. The underbelly is comprised of a weaker stone, but beneath it is its gooey core.

Attacks:
    Maul – The Edari rears up and latches onto its victim, tearing into it with powerful stone claws. It has a short range, but it is hard to hit the underbelly without risking injury to this attack.

Rock and Roll – Rolling into a ball, the Boulder-Edari earns its name, smashing its heavy, solid weight into as many targets as it can run over. The roll is difficult to stop, but the general can leave it at any time.

Ain’t no Dragon: The Boulder Edari serves as a mount to the Edari-Khutit, if he still lives. Their unison increases the Edari-Khutit’s attack strength and reach, as he can use the Boulder as a platform of destruction. The Boulder cannot use Rock and Roll while serving as a mount, but its armor and rider will likely keep it from being killed while using this ability.

Unit: Edari Sword

Description: comprised of lighter stone in humanoid shape; the goo joints are more prevalent due to lack of stone to hide behind. It has no rock on its arms; they are simply two tentacles of goo, which can stretch twice their length to attack. The arm goo holds two blades of corrupted steel, shape roughly like normal broadswords, but thicker. Its head has a stone backing and a large gray eye, as is common with the Edari.

Attacks:
    Brotherhood – These golems attack in pairs with their Shield counterparts; normally, the Sword attacks from behind the Shield. If the Shield falls, the Sword will go on a rampage, targeting its partner’s murderer and attacking with wild abandon.

Corrupted Steel – The arm goo holds two blades of corrupted steel, reforged over and over again using dark primal to rewrite its chemical make up. The result is a sword sharp enough to cut through ancient hide; moreover, damage by these swords cause skin/scale to deteriorate and age. Excessive damage from these blades can also cause infestation.

Swordchucks – The Sword attacks at a distance, stretching its tendril arms to slice or pierce into the enemy from behind the Shield. In absence of a Shield, the Sword will spin rapidly, the blades becoming a whirlwind of death. (If you know what this is referencing, +10 points ;p)

Unit: Edari Shield

Description: uniquely designed, the Shield has two forms; the primary form is that of a black ooze eye and core, with several tendrils attached to plates of heavy stone. It rolls around on these plates like a strange sphere.

Second form creates a hunchbacked humanoid, with several places pressed together comprising its body, and especially thick at the fists. It is much slower in this form, and its eye is exposed at its bent, flat head.

Attacks:
    Brotherhood: These golems attack in pairs with their Sword counterparts; the Shield will do everything it can to defend the sword from damage, and will usually succeed. Should the sword be killed, it will transform in into its second form and attempt to pummel the aggressor to death with its heavy stone plates.

Perfect Guard: The Shield will stand between the target and its Sword partner, manipulating its tendrils and plates to protect against attacks – the stronger the attack, the more the plates it uses. It can also stretch to protect other golems nearby, if its own partner is not in immediate danger. Should its plates be destroyed, it will break the ground apart and form new plates. It can also defend its own core in all directions, but only if its partner is not in danger.

UPDATE: Edari Wizard

Corrupted Ground: Using their Dark Primal energy, the Wizards during this phase become more powerful, and the ground drains the stamina of the defenders. This is a channeled ability; wizards in the back will be casting this, and can be killed to negate the effect for the third wave.

Corrupted Air: Should the Edari capture their target, their Wizards will Corrupt Air. The air will become un-breathable, resulting in defeat.

Note: Chiconis is in most danger of this happening!
    Last edited by Kaerisk; November 28th, 2010 at 09:35 PM.
    "Resurgam!"

“Great Drulkar, how many are there?” Semeneth gasped as he watched from the air. The Swords ran fast behind their rolling Shield counterparts.

“We shall turn their numbers against them!” Ausixen exclaimed, roaring as he tail-whipped a grunt hard enough to shatter its damaged legs. He pushed the fallen Edari into the path of its rolling Shield brother, causing it to fly over him. This gave him opportunity to ram his Soulflame Talon into the chest of the Sword behind it. The Shield landed and swiftly reformed into a flat beast of many plates, turning around and pounding Ausixen’s tail with its heavy rock fist. He roared in pain and looked around as the enemy force began to surround him. “This is not good,” he said, trying to watch from all sides.

The General rode up on his Boulder partner. “Maurger has been looking for you. We shall return you home at the end of the day, Ausixen,” he said with a hideous laugh.

“Ausixen, get out of there!” Semeneth exclaimed, throwing down bolts of Prime from the air. Ausixen took the chance to leap into the air and fall back, but Semeneth himself was forced to the ground by several bolts of dark primal returning fire.

Ausixen joined him at his side. “Are you alright?”

“I’ll be okay, but if we do not turn the tide somehow, none of us will be,” Semeneth said. “Frall! See to the injured!” The healer rushed to the wounded, who were beginning to pile up near the travel gate.

"I'm a healer, not a miracle worker. We have to hold the line!" Frall exclaimed.

"I’ve sent for help, I just hope they get here in time," Semeneth said.

“Who?” Ausixen asked.

“We shall see who comes before I say who I called for,” Semeneth said grimly. “Back into the fray!” the elder led Ausixen forward into battle, the two working together against the Sword and Shields.

The sky darkened as the hateful spell of the clustered wizards began; as with Dralk, the grass began to die and blacken, and Ausixen had a harder time catching his breath.

Under the guard of several pairs of Swords and Shields, a group of wizards forced their way towards the bridge leading into the floating citadel of Chiconis.

Someone has to stop them…
    "Resurgam!"

Thread Information