Thread: Fire and Ice (artwork)

Originally from Palmyra, now "South Selen".

Smile Fire and Ice (artwork)

Larger
    Gallery

~<Gengel>~

Default Re: Fire and Ice (artwork)

Awesome!

And I just made a new fiend character...

Coincidence?
    Dragon Scroll; BLIGHT~Anam, Ahleah; CHAOS~Veruliyam, Ceruliyan, Jaguarundi, Spinel, Ssussurrouss, Chon; ORDER~Aucapoma, Susurrus

Oh I love when you share your work with us!

The detail on the armor is wonderful - both sets, though as a gnome I'd not be caught dead in what that fiend is wearing. Her intense focus on the spell she is readying is perfect, too. Hey, I'm working on mage now, where can I get a staff like she has?

I like how the dragons are slightly smudged to show their rapid movement and the texturing of the snow beetles' shells. As always, you have the landscape and sky captured perfectly too.

Your story for the picture made me chuckle. I love your imagination!
    Thanks so much for sharing!! :-)

May I throw in some random, probably stupid suggestions?

- The dragons seem a bit put there to "fill in the holes". Imho one of them should have been on another depth and be partially covered by a foreground character, to give more "random, natural snapshot" feeling.

- The fiend is perfect, though I'd added a bit of "vibration" or some rays to the spell sphere to make it in the making, dynamic.

- The elf is a bit static, he could be having his sword ready to hit, or a less relaxed posture or watching the fiend with more attention.
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

Cool Re: Fire and Ice (artwork)

I love fiends (AzureFire is one) so I really enjoyed this.

In addition to all that has already been said, I just wanted to say that I found the crest on the elf's shield particularly pleasing. The gold wyrm figure against the darker red background is one of my favorite color combinations.

Well done, Gengel!

Sent
    N.B.: I reserve the right to be wrong and exercise it frequently.
    AzureFire - Spiritist - Chaos
    Glormf Sulfurous - Hatchie - Chaos
    Ruddy Bloke - Reaver - Chaos

Originally from Palmyra, now "South Selen".

Thanks all for the wonderful feedback! I was suprised nobody commented on the snow drift Look again....

Veruliyam
    * The dryad quickly hides so not to be discovered *

awdz
    I always imagined fiend's are on the naughty and ice side I liked the tink-ish feel of the staff. Perhaps something new from the Master? I have been working on adding more dynamism to the scenes. Hopefully this is conveyed in the dragons. The landscape was harder than it looks. Even though it is stark, snow/ice is translucent with lots of subsurface scattering. it took a bit to figure that out.

The back-story was lots of fun to write and was the inspiration for the scene -- Forest Dweller paired with a dark ice-loving fiend. Of course, such an encounter requires goading

Vahrokh
    Intelligent criticism is always welcomed. Thank you again. I originally had the dragons mixed in directly behind the two characters. The problem I had with that perspective is that they looked like they were part of the group instead of joining in late.

I like your suggestions about the spell sphere. I need to add some complexity to make it look more alive.

I thought the elf's pose went well with the story. Kind of day dreaming about his date, why is he here and then it gets interesting. So... finally relaxed, stupid smile and getting ready to have fun. Oh well

SentientSeeker
    Yes! I really liked the shield texture and was happy with that find. I fiddled quite a bit the bumps, shines.... on the shield and armor to help pop in some of the details.

~< Gengel >~

Thread Information