Thread: Temorary leave

Unhappy Temorary leave

Okies, this may be for a day, or a few days, or possibly a month. My laptop died. No warning, just all of a sudden gone. Unfortuneatly it was the only laptop I had so being able to play is iffy until I replace it. This sucks and it means that I actually have to type this message from my itouch. Hopefully this situation will be resolved by the end of this month.

In the mean time I want to say to my guild that I love you all, and will miss you something fierce.
    Nayuaka and Nayukhuut. Freelance Helian lorekeepers of Chaos.

Default Re: Temorary leave

We will miss you too - hope you manage to sort it soon *hugs*

Doh!

*hides in a corner, whimpering*

(You know about that hiding thing! )
    Dragon Scroll; BLIGHT~Anam, Ahleah; CHAOS~Veruliyam, Ceruliyan, Jaguarundi, Spinel, Ssussurrouss, Chon; ORDER~Aucapoma, Susurrus

Okay, update. My poor little laptop is still well and truly dead. Also, thanks to my significant other, in various parts. He did however save all my data so I didn't loose anything. Yay for the small things.

I have ordered another laptop that will hopefully be here in a week, though with the Canadian postal service I'm not holding my breath.
    All the same I should see you guys again soon.

I was about to say "NO! I just got the money I needed to renew my sub and now I won't even see you in-game?! Curse you karma!" But then I read your last post, so now I'm not so sad anymore. =3

Really sorry to hear that your laptop died though. I know how that can be when your machine calls it quits. You were lucky though, able to save all your data. When mine died, I lost everything. In short, at least there's a silver lining to your dark cloud, right? Good luck with the new one, once it arrives.
    Chaos: Gael Tycarren--Dragon
    "I just... want to remember."

I'm glad you got enough money to play again, and yeah I was lucky about the HDD. It was unharmed so we just plugged it into my boyfriends computer. Nearest we can figure something broke in the area that feeds the laptop its power, and of course without power it won't start up.

But yeah, got another on order and hopefully Costco will send it here soon. Still miss you all!

Get a soldering iron (not a soldering gun), solder, flux, and copper wick or desoldering bulb. Broken solder joints are pretty simple to repair once you manage to take things apart so you can get to the joint.

The above kit is sufficient for repairing broken solder joints, splicing wire, and replacing connectors -- most of your common consumer electronic problems.
    You can get anything you want in life -- just make a lot of noise and bite the right people.

Sure Ran, we'll try that. Might as well right? If we can get it working again it's still a pretty good laptop. We just need to put it back together first.

Uhm... you fix the solder joint first, then put it back together.
    You can get anything you want in life -- just make a lot of noise and bite the right people.

Okay, fair enough. I'll let my boyfriend at it, he should have fun. Worst case senario is that we can't get it working right?

Thread Information