Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Closing up Shop

Default Closing up Shop

I am going to be committing Zarla to the status of an NPC. So if you see other folks use her in some fashion or other do not call them on it. They have my permission to use her as they see fit so long as it is in-line with her character.

I will be doing the RP required to settle Shinkuu's plot as well and once that is finished I think she will essentially be dead, having moved to the Spirit Plane.

Once that is over with my RP's will be done and I think I may well take that opportunity to head on out.
    "Nothing Is Never Not... everything is never."-Vacuus, Lord of Nothing

Default Re: Closing up Shop

Sorry to see ya go
    ^.^ *Speed Demon of order..*

just...

I didn't know you were planning to quit. I'm gonna miss you!! *HUGS and cries*

But who will take care of Talika and Iseia?

Quote Originally Posted by LungTien Temeraire View Post
    But who will take care of Talika and Iseia?
    Zarla will. She will be an NPC. Vyrry and Talika can Ghost her.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinkuu View Post
    Zarla will. She will be an NPC. Vyrry and Talika can Ghost her.
    Still, it's a pity you're leaving... we are so few. I hope you'll come back soon...

Quote Originally Posted by LungTien Temeraire View Post
    Still, it's a pity you're leaving... we are so few. I hope you'll come back soon...
    Besides, with all the abandoned Hatchies around even if Zarla disappeared it would just make Talika and Issy more normal. They would have Vyridiun though.

Zarla's dreams have long since been crushed and she is no fun to play. The game itself is not really good enough to hold me.

I guess I will give a few folks a chance to change my mind... but I am not feeling it.

Default Last Word

Well me and Nyya talked it over and worked out an arrangement that is satisfactory. I was feeling rather pressured and Obligated to play all the time and that was making it all feel like work which I hate. I do not want to work on my off time.

That is all straightened out now so I guess I will stay and be playing my parts but I am done with Public RP to a large extent. My RP will be restricted to Guild and Private Rooms. (Go Passworded Channels Go!)

I may Play Publicly with Ampera from time to time because It is just insane enough that It can handle how nonsensical the community is but the rest will be in private.

As such if you see me In-Person I am probably busy checking Markets and such and I may politely semi-in character ease you away from me but honestly you should consider my character to not even be there.

May I ask why it is you wish to avoid any public RP? Did someone's over-the-top character end up ruining things for one of your own?

I understand the community has long-since become, as you say, nonsensical, but some of us are trying quite hard to correct that, albeit in vain most likely.

Quote Originally Posted by Xepher View Post
    May I ask why it is you wish to avoid any public RP? Did someone's over-the-top character end up ruining things for one of your own?

I understand the community has long-since become, as you say, nonsensical, but some of us are trying quite hard to correct that, albeit in vain most likely.
    It is not one character. If it was I would just ignore them. It is the community as a whole. Their general attitude (I am speaking about them ICLY mind you not their Players but how their characters act) is... just irreconcilable. It is a completely orderless society that welcomes Aegis and Murderers alike into its folds as Heroes in a fashion that I cannot conceive of any sane person actually doing in that particular setting.

So, instead of making my characters who are NOT insane be forced to try to explain why the world has gone stark raving MAD... I will just remove them from the world instead and stick to people who have not lost their marbles.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinkuu View Post
    It is a completely orderless society that welcomes Aegis and Murderers alike into its folds as Heroes in a fashion that I cannot conceive of any sane person actually doing in that particular setting.
    If you are speaking of Azu and Selarth, there are some other characters who (RPly) don't like them at all, you know... For example, my own ancient has tried 3 or 4 times to catch the blighted adult, and he'll continue until it is done.
    It is just that the players of these more or less evil characters aren't always willing to seal their fate too quickly.

Understood completely, Shinkuu. Despite playing a character who is somewhat 'off' and is seen as dark in some regards, I feel more or less the same about the community in recent months, which is why I have not RPed Xeffer in public for a long time now. She'd be liable to attack more than half of those hanging around nowadays.

Lungtien; They are only a fragment of the problem. Evil-type characters that never change and never go away are indeed damaging to the community, and even if people don't like them, the fact that they can freely walk into the dragon communal area without being attacked or apprehended on sight is in itself... illogical and forces people to have their characters accept those types if they want to avoid confrontational RP, which is what makes up a huge chunk of the RP now, from what I see, Want to play a character that does bad things without good reason? Do it privately, discreetly, subtly. Serial killers don't hang out at the police station when their faces are on wanted posters.

... Bit of a rant there. Anyway, the other half of the equation are those who play characters that are just inconceivably different from what should and can be on Istaria. So in the end, people are generally frustrated with having to choose between evil characters who have outlasted their welcome and the limits of tolerance, or, as I see them, the utterly ridiculous and often annoying amateur characters running around using one-liners and calling it RP.

Now that I think about it, Shinkuu, I'm in a situation not unlike your own in terms of where I RP and with whom.

You know... Just to add to this topic, I returned to Istaria about a month ago just to see things around. So far I've seen very few people I've knowned and when I have tried to RP in Public, All I saw was the same resaults for which is the reasons why I left Istaria in the first place. All I saw was ' Dark RPs ' . I don't know if these people read the forums on a daily basis, but the people who are causing the problems are kinda chasing players away with the whole ' Dark RP ' persona and can or will ruin a gaming experiance. Sadly, I come to the forums now just to see from time to time to check up on this community. I quit the game a week after I came back to it. Thinking and hopefully was giving it another go again. But, As Shinkuu has said, I just don't feel it eather. So, For the people who read the forums I do want to congradulate you for killing Order shard and eather forcing the players to play on eather Chaos or Blight. Leaving Order with hardly any players left who still in some way dedicated to the game. So, I am sorry to see you go Shinkuu and I hope you find a new difference experiance else where.

The Ice Queen has Awaken!http://dragcave.net/user/Carsia

It is possible to RP on Chaos. I am sure there are folks there that do it. Just wanted to put that out there for folks.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Leaving Order is not the solution
    (though I understand why you`ve mentioned that, Amon).

Is there nobody willing to accept the responsibility for that situation?

Or only willing to put things right?
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

What are "dark RPers"?

I can't understand how a deserted shard in a niche MMO is able to spawn all these interpersonal issues O_o
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Vahrokh View Post
    I can't understand how a deserted shard in a niche MMO is able to spawn all these interpersonal issues O_o
    You are wildly underestimating the human capacity to find things that to be annoyed/irritated/upset/outraged by.

Still, without conflict or 'darker rpers' Roleplay gets pretty darn stale and stagnant. Everyone can't be all happy and cheerful ALLLLLL the time.

If they are, it just gets annoying. At the same time though, people can't be EEEVIL and RAAAWR all the time either, it just gets annoying as well.

What we need is just realistic reactions to things. If a big, blighted dragon waltzes into the clearing....since the blight is on the opposite side of the war that is going on....people should understandably try and kill/shoo the thing.
    Last edited by Sereamha; December 17th, 2010 at 09:59 PM.
    "State your case, but do it well. I do not suffer fools gladly." ~Sereamha Balla-dor

That is what LungTien did recently: attack Selarth each time he saw him, in order to catch him. And, there isn't only evil characters or characters who let them quiet in the Order shard RP, as far as I remember. Leaving or staying outside of the Order shard public RP won't make the situation get better anyway. RP is also social interactions between roleplayers, so tolerance is a good thing for it. I'd think it is more a matter of tastes, tolerance and mind-opening for different RP styles.

Speaking from a "here's my thought as a player" if I may for a moment (in other words, please allow me to remove my developer hat and just post as someone who's played Istaria since day minus something or other )

What has always bothered me about player characters in Istaria that are "evil" or "Blighted" is that it goes completely against official lore. You can't be both "Gifted" and "Blighted". Much of the point of the overall storyline of the game is to keep the secret of "being Gifted" from those who are effected/influenced by/taken by the "the blight".

So if you want to RP a "evil blighted dragon", go right ahead... but in the course of that roleplay, if you are a lvl 20 (or 20, etc) hatchling and a lvl 100 ancient gets a bunch of friends together to stand up to you..... You're dead. And no, you aren't coming back to life. Delete that character and don't play it again.... cause you can't be both "Blighted" and "Gifted".

If those "rules" were played by, it also would do what I believe Sereamha is suggesting and making sure there's an ending to every roleplay story.

Thread Information