Thread: Lore Question wrt Draconic Culinary Tastes

Default Lore Question wrt Draconic Culinary Tastes

Does official game lore support the idea that dragons sometimes eat bipeds? Gnomes in particular seem to be a popular dish in RP and art.

Default Re: Lore Question wrt Draconic Culinary Tastes

I don't have any official documentation for this, but I could certainly believe that dragons used to. However, I would think that in the age of the Empire, such things were largely outlawed since all the Living Races are supposed to be banding together to fight the Aegis.

As to any official mention and not my personal speculation, I cannot recall any specific mention of this practice going on in official lore. I think there might be a few threats or jokes about the subject though.

Specific examples, from memory, so they might be off: Khalentaris the Breath of Fire who stands outside the Tower of Summoning uses it as a threat; There's a hatchling in Chiconis who says that he was afraid the Lunus looked like they were going to eat him; A gingerbread gnome item exists, quite possibly with an item description that makes light of the fact that dragons love them.

.:Malestryx:.

Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

Well,

I remember, that a certain golden dragoness used to "swallow" (not eat) a certain gnome.
    But she did not like what that gnome did in her stomach (build a porter e.g.)

So this gnome is still alive and happy- and all drags who know the story will not even think about eating a gnome...
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

And let us not forget our one gnome who carries a dragon toothpick (mining pick) for if the situation arises.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

...or that horrible feather...

Always bite the biped in halve before swallowing... Bad dragons...
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

Not about eating, but when you do the attune quest for Draak you get this snippet:

Brysmendrik tells you, ˜It was almost too late. Our dead, the slain teachers, the slaughtered hatchlings, the monsters we'd already destroyed. They all rose up and attacked us. Most of us got away. About one in ten did not. We found Nezra, Kalrenta and Mesetha as we withdrew. They were nearly dead themselves, but we got them out of there. As we passed through the Feledan gate, one of their elders challenged our right to use the portal. Breath-of-Fire flamed him to ash without a word."

Not eaten, but grilled.

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •Â«

*sigh*
    ( even a porter in her stomach does not prevent her from
    having the famous last word )

Quote Originally Posted by Takora Drakan View Post
    Not about eating, but when you do the attune quest for Draak you get this snippet:

Brysmendrik tells you, ˜It was almost too late. Our dead, the slain teachers, the slaughtered hatchlings, the monsters we'd already destroyed. They all rose up and attacked us. Most of us got away. About one in ten did not. We found Nezra, Kalrenta and Mesetha as we withdrew. They were nearly dead themselves, but we got them out of there. As we passed through the Feledan gate, one of their elders challenged our right to use the portal. Breath-of-Fire flamed him to ash without a word."

Not eaten, but grilled.
    That is truly my favorite part of the whole story. A tiny pathetic elf wants to whine against a large army of dragons who have just had the worst day of there entire existence… Those elves were lucky the dragons didn’t simply set the whole town in flames including the inhabitants. I probably would if it had been my kid at Draak Academy at that time and some thing so tiny would have dared to whine against me.
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

Of note however: the events at Draak happened over a century before the Empire was formed and the non-aggression pact between all the races was signed. So, what happened there might well carry greater consequences in modern day Istaria.

.:Malestryx:.

Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

I don't know about their diet, but I do wonder where those horses are....(look at the ground in the tailor shop in dali, you'll see what I mean), I myself prefer half giants XP

Okay, I think I have a handle on the situation now. Before the peace treaties were signed and Tazoon was founded dragons would eat bipeds on occasion. Usually when said bipeds manage to make enemies of the dragons. After all, no sense in wasting the meat. But now, in the face of the greater threat posed by the WA, doing so is discouraged if not outlawed out-right. However, like any prohibited activity, there are those who choose to indulge in the forbidden treat when the risk of discovery and censure is small.

Or at least that's my understanding of certain lore tidbits in the game.

Thread Information