Thread: Source of Power: The True Source

Default Source of Power: The True Source

Greetings,

I have problems with this part of the quest Source of Power from Dreveon at Dalimond (part of the Tier II revamp).
    Here is what I'm asked for this quest:

The directions are not very precise. I made several turns around the Observatory blighted area, climbed to the top of the Observatory mountain 3 times, killed and looted many monsters of any type I could find... and so far, I was only able to have my counter at 2/10.

The problem is I have absolutely no idea of what I did to increment it! I got no feedback from the game, I don't know if I have to go to some specific places, kill some specific mobs or loot some quest items. For the loots, I haven't noticed to have got anything special... the usual crystals, hoard items, blight equipment pieces and junk loots.

My question is: what am I supposed to do?

Thanks in advance.
    Firebrandcrest Arma: Ancient Helian Dragon | Dragon 100 / Dragon Crafter 100 / Dragon Lairshaper 100 / Dragon Crystalshaper 100 (Order) | My MODs: Zexoin's and Firebrand's Sound Emotes Pack v2.5.4.0, Alternate Dragon Bolt Casting v1.4, Old Istarian Ambiance v1.0.8.

Default Re: Source of Power: The True Source

Has nobody else done this quest yet?
    Firebrandcrest Arma: Ancient Helian Dragon | Dragon 100 / Dragon Crafter 100 / Dragon Lairshaper 100 / Dragon Crystalshaper 100 (Order) | My MODs: Zexoin's and Firebrand's Sound Emotes Pack v2.5.4.0, Alternate Dragon Bolt Casting v1.4, Old Istarian Ambiance v1.0.8.

I believe you need to kill Risen Apprentices or something like that.

It wasn't Risen Apprentices, but you have led me to the right direction.
    Thanks for your help.
    Last edited by Velea; December 30th, 2014 at 11:46 AM.

Where does this series start? I've looked all over Dalimond

http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=23202

That post suggests either the spellcrafter (Minisa) starts it, but she does not. I've seen someone do this quest very recently, so know it exists.

I just finished it over the weekend. I wasted a lot of time at the step mentioned by OP, but in the end i figured it was about Awakened Mechanics. I really wish I saw this thread earlier and also the post mentioned by Cegaiel.
    Also there are other steps almost as evasive as well when you are sent to retrieve some stuff without being told who's actually dropping it.

Btw, If I'm not mistaken, it starts at the Battle Mage trainer in Dalimond Tavern.

Edit: you might need to be in an arcanist class to be able to start it (I started/did it as Battle Mage)
    Last edited by Northwind; October 29th, 2012 at 06:57 AM.
    Northwind * Ancient, Crafter, Lairshaper * 100/100/100
    Northpole * Spoiled biped * 100 BTLM, 100 CLRC, 100 RVR, 100 RNGR, 100 MAGE, 100 WIZ, 100 SORC, 100 CONJ, 100 SPRT, 100 DRU, 100 HLR, 100 GRDN, 100 MON, 60 WAR, 44 BRSK/SPRM, 40 CHSW * 100 BLK, 100 OUT, 100 JWL, 100 ARM, 100 WPN, 100 FLE, 100 FIT, 100 MSN, 100 SCH, 87 SPL, 85 GTH, 85 MIN

Ok, this quest annoyed me so much that i just had to post.

First, neither the quest giver nor the quest brief tells you what you are actually looking for. It tells you to go to the center of the observatory, which isn't even necessary for this part of the quest.

Second, yes you need to kill (a specific mob), the problem here being they are nowhere near the proposed quest area, they are actually completely outside the blighted area, in the canyons west of the observatory. If you were trying to climb up the observatory you would have no reason to ever go out there. --Devs, please fix this, the best location would be on the spiral going up the observatory as this is where the quest tells you to go.
    Last edited by Velea; December 30th, 2014 at 11:47 AM.

Thread Information