Thread: "Exception!!" in patching

It depends which server board I think is which.

Default "Exception!!" in patching

Like as the title says, I keep getting an "Exception!!" message on the patcher during patching. It basically always happens.. no matter how much I try to prevent it (aka choose different patching options, restart the patcher, ect). It just always ends up saying "Exception!" sometimes it passes over the exception, and continues patching - just this exception whatever it is takes ages to get past. =| Sometimes 2 or 3 hours of just patching. -_-

I think others get this problem to - it's hard to describe, please tell me if this post is confusing.

Thanks for reading
    ~Racktor of Order

EDIT: http://i54.tinypic.com/2j5e04.png <-- Screenshot of it, I underlined it

EDIT2: Weird... now the exception disappeared. Huh.It now says "Now Downloading" again.. =\
    Last edited by Racktor; December 31st, 2010 at 11:54 PM. Reason: added a screenshot | edited again for reasons

It depends which server board I think is which.

Default Re: "Exception!!" in patching

Okay, sorry for double post, 30 minute edit thing was up.

Now it's in this exception again... it's weird, it keeps changing categories for it. Under the "exception" word itself. =\ Huh.

Default Re: "Exception!!" in patching

Its not a problem I am familiar with but these are the things I would look at.

1. Log files in
    C:\Program Files\Istaria\Launcher\logs

2, Check that silentpatcher.exe has 'full control' permissions on the Istaria folder. I know the evil that is Vista and also Win7 have some 'militant' folder rights protections (screws up the Map Pack all the time).

3. Log a support ticket (if you haven't already)

4. Check that an anti virus or firewall program isn't restricting silentpatcher.exe.
    Chasing
    Chaos Shard
    Scarlet Dawn

Thread Information