Thread: January '11 Update Questions

Default January '11 Update Questions

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    • Demonskin Staff now requires 600 2-H Crush skill instead of 900.
    • Demonskin Staff now requires 900 2-H Crush to equip
    Both of these are listed in the patch notes. I assume that the first is the one that is correct?

CLIENT: Fixed a bug where names were not being properly appended to chat when someone used the /em prefix and when the "Emote" channel is the default channel for a window. Now custom emotes will always properly display the person who sent the emote.
    When this was first changed on Blight, many brought up concerns because this "bug" was previously a rather useful feature in roleplaying. There was a discussion following that about alternatives to just making all methods of using emotes do the same thing, and many of us got the impression that something might come of that discussion.

On Blight, using the emote "trick" does exactly the same thing as just using /em elsewhere. Is this still going to be looked into, or are we roleplayers just out of luck with this one?

.:Malestryx:.

Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

Default Re: January '11 Update Questions

We are out of luck thanks to people abusing the system. It's too easy for anyone to spam "<player 1's name> does something inappropriate to <player 2>"

Player 1 cannot defend himself if player 2 reports him and there is no other way for the server to tell where the emote came from other than to attach the real name of the emoter in.

It was a typo, Raptress. It was addressed in the update notes thread.

Its Tier 6, end-game content, and it is attuned because we want there to be a market for end-game content.

Yes, it is a typo on the Demonskin Staff. The correct line is the one with the skill being lowered to 600.
    I never met a gnome I didn't like. For tender morsels they are!

Quote Originally Posted by Shian View Post
    We are out of luck thanks to people abusing the system. It's too easy for anyone to spam "<player 1's name> does something inappropriate to <player 2>"

Player 1 cannot defend himself if player 2 reports him and there is no other way for the server to tell where the emote came from other than to attach the real name of the emoter in.
    I know already that the "bug" will not remain the way it was. What I am asking is if anything is going to come of the discussion that occurred soon after the bug was fixed on Blight. Said discussion was concerning possible alternatives to just making the two emote methods exactly the same, such as putting the name in [brackets] or putting the name somewhere in the chat log or something like that.

.:Malestryx:.

Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

Quote Originally Posted by Raptress View Post
    I know already that the "bug" will not remain the way it was. What I am asking is if anything is going to come of the discussion that occurred soon after the bug was fixed on Blight. Said discussion was concerning possible alternatives to just making the two emote methods exactly the same, such as putting the name in [brackets] or putting the name somewhere in the chat log or something like that.
    I entirely agree with Raptress on this.
    I sympathize with the reasoning that it can easily be used as a tool to grief with, though it would be better if it was affixed with something like mention, brackets would be better as it doesn't tack it on with
    <playername> (RP stuff)
    more as
    [<playername>] (RP stuff)
    which doesn't break the immersion nearly as much as the first example would.

to add on to that, the Emote thing just makes you say your name twice when you use /em to do an emote. so... that's broken now.

and khutit head fix didn't work. still fails to show my finhead in my Khutit form.

nice patch.

Finagle Biggletorq's offerings:

the Jewelry, Metal and Leather Repair forms are listed at 468s 750c ea. The Master Wood Repair form is priced at 4g 688s 750c - should not the wood form be priced same as the others?

The Master Metal Repair form does not show the 1100 Weaponcraft Skill requirement - perhaps the form did not have room for that - were listings of other product(s) also without room to list?

Knossos

Quote Originally Posted by Knossos View Post
    Finagle Biggletorq's offerings:

the Jewelry, Metal and Leather Repair forms are listed at 468s 750c ea. The Master Wood Repair form is priced at 4g 688s 750c - should not the wood form be priced same as the others?
    Thats a bug, typo in the coin value.

The Master Metal Repair form does not show the 1100 Weaponcraft Skill requirement - perhaps the form did not have room for that - were listings of other product(s) also without room to list?

Knossos
    Not sure. Its definitely on there as 1100 min_skill.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

How much of the ARoP changes that have gone in will affect a dragon currently on the ARoP? For example, Tagath's ready to do the rift run after having already talked with the Sleeper. Do any of the changes require him to delete the entire quest and start over?
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

Quote Originally Posted by C`gan View Post
    How much of the ARoP changes that have gone in will affect a dragon currently on the ARoP? For example, Tagath's ready to do the rift run after having already talked with the Sleeper. Do any of the changes require him to delete the entire quest and start over?
    There's only one change listed. Reading that why would you think you'd need to start over? *confused*

Quest "ARoP - Gate of Embers: Harness the Energy for the Spell of Pathfinding" now has increased radius for triggering the capturing of energy at the four Satyr Crystals. Also, you can do the capturing of energy in any order you wish now.

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Master Metal Weapon Repair Form

I believe my comment was misunderstood, and now I have a screenshot to illustrate. There are 11 weapons per tier, 66 in all. The form lists 55 plus a portion of a bronze one, and does not list the scribing requirement as do the other Master Weapon Repair Forms.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth
    There's only one change listed. Reading that why would you think you'd need to start over? *confused*
    Just wanting to check. I know it's been stated the entire ARoP quest is in the process of a revamp, so I'm hoping Tagath gets through it before the revamp comes in.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

Quote Originally Posted by C`gan View Post
    Just wanting to check. I know it's been stated the entire ARoP quest is in the process of a revamp, so I'm hoping Tagath gets through it before the revamp comes in.
    With the next big content update is when we'll be doing the ARoP. So, if you finish it within the next couple of months you should be good to go.

We will have another patch coming out in a few weeks that fixes a lot of what has been reported with the January's Content Update, but no ARoP changes will be part of it.

With the next big content update is when we'll be doing the ARoP. So, if you finish it within the next couple of months you should be good to go...
    Why is time being spent re-doing working quests, when it could be spent adding new content or features?

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran View Post
    Why is time being spent re-doing working quests, when it could be spent adding new content or features?
    Because the ARoP is heavily bugged and very prone to breaking. We spend a lot of time helping players through support tickets to try and fix their situations.

Also, who says there won't be any new content with the new big update?

Thread Information