Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: the journal and Life story of Romirez.

Default the journal and Life story of Romirez.

((seeing other people write these...i figured i would offer Romirez's point of view on events going on in the land of Istaria. ))

(Journal is written in Istarian Common, with well composed Handwriting, as if using a Stylus)

this journal might not be complete, because I have to go back and remember many different times of my life, and some of those times are so long ago. But, I shall do the best I can.

Upon hatching, I found myself on the island of Skalkaar, soon greeted by a Spitfire, a fellow hatchling. He told me about the gifted, and all the stuff he usually does when he sees new gifted enter the island. I have no idea if I died in the egg, and was brought to the island, or if I had died out of the egg...but I knew I was Gifted because Spitfire told me I was, because I was here. Then, I went further up the island, and an adult told me all about fighting with your claws...his name escapes me at the moment. To make a long story short, him, and the ancient up the hill taught me the basics of fighting with one's claws and teeth, and making scales and gem-tipped claws. They aided me in fighting, but I quickly outgrew them once I left the island for New Trismus. I learned quickly about crafting, and fighting and had quickly taken to the art of combat. It was my favorite past-time, to sneak upon unsuspecting Gruoks and kill them. I enjoyed the hunts, and sometimes ate dinner that way. I had joined a guild in my early years called the Dominion of Fire. They taught me and nurtured me until I had to sleep for a while...i still don't know why, but I just felt like sleeping for a while. When I came back, the guild was all gone, and I had left it. I was alone again. I continued to train. Once I hit Season 20 of my Adventuring school, I had found a few Ancient dragons handing around the Portal in New Trismus, and one ancient looked exactly like me! Her name was Nephandi. There was also a purple one called Delight, and she took me in to a clan called Bane of the Aegis ( I still remain there to this day). Delight, the large purple dragon, had adopted me and raised me as if she laid my egg. Nephandi was my sister. I have thoughts on her being my blood sister, we being twins and all, but I am not completely sure. But, the Banes had taught me early on to fight the Aegis, and at season 28 I was out hunting with them in the Eastern Deadlands against the Elite Blighted Blights... nasty little things. I do remember one instance, I was going to try to pull a couple blights to our position to slay, and they had all been waiting for my advance... and they swarmed me. I tried to run, but they overran me quickly, and killed me as soon as they caught me. The pain was only for a moment, but it hurt... and it taught me about hunting against the Aegis. They even overran my A'mea, and killer her too. I had brought an army that slayed our entire hunting party, and we had to quickly Recall and regroup. It was funny later, but it was a good learning experience for me. I was happy that my A'mea was Gifted as I was, or else that would have been a painful and traumatic experience.

Fast forward to about Season 40. by that time, I was adept at hunting and killing my enemies, but my Crafting was lagging behind...i hate crafting. It was very boring to me. But, I was quickly approaching the time that I would begin my Rites and ascend to adulthood! Being combat-oriented, I felt that Lunus was the side I should go to. They were long and arduous... but it was a fun experience. As I remember, the only times I was ever slain, was against the more difficult fights, like Lem and Kaa (how I hated Kaa. He was hard to attract up to the top of the Spiral...and his cohorts were always in the way.). The Shadow Dragon also killed me a couple times, but I had Healers with me who raised me from the dead as soon as I had fallen. Eventually, I had used my Phylactery to kill the shadow dragon and capture his essence, making my Phylactery of Shadows. Using it, I would ascend to the Peak of Storms, and ascend into an Adult! The difference in bodies were substantial, but the most welcome one was that I could finally use my wings to ascend into the sky and fly! Oh, was it fun. I was flying all the time when I had gained my adult form. I loved the feel of the wind over my wings, soaring over the landscapes. I almost never landed, unless I was bone-tired, and had to sleep. After that, nothing much of import happened, I still hunted, I crafted very little, and was further taught on the arts of hunting and combat by the trainers of Dralk and Chiconis.

When I was about Season 80, I had learned Lairshaping, and purchased my own lair. I learned quickly that I hated lairshaping, very complicated process...very time consuming and tiring. I often ended the day tired, and very dirty. I took a quick bath in Pratt's Pond, and went to sleep right at the sandstone field. Once I had reached Season 90, however, I was very experienced in combat, and had gained a fair amount of knowledge in the Crafting arts, and had amassed a fairly large treasure Hoard (oh how I love shinies! Very distracting things...even now.). I felt It was time to begin my Ancient Rites, to gain the Ancient form. These trials were not so long and trying as the first Rites, but they were tough, and mostly centered around combat, which I liked. The most unsettling part was when I would go to the Rift in my spirit form, and leave my body behind. It felt weird, being spirit only, but I had gotten used to it fairly quickly. I went there with a large group of Ancients that were my friends and Guild members. I had met the sleeper there! She was rather large, and still very much alive. But she was powerless, being there in the Rift. I do wish we had a way to bring her back to Istaria...but that was not my mission. I had to hunt down the four Rift Guardians, and to battle Elial the Mercenary himself, and destroy his Sword, the Riftrender. The battles were tough, but I had gotten through the 4 guardians easily. Elial however, was more difficult, especially his sword. Having no body, I would not bleed, but his sword going through my spirit form felt very different, and had damaged me in the same way as if I had a body. Even though, we had killed him, and I brought the Riftrender to the Sleeper...and had destroyed it. All that was left was to gain ancient form. I had chose the island that floats over a large plain... I do not remember the name, but it was very serene, and a perfect place. My A'mea was there too! Afterwards, it felt good to finally look her in the eye without looking up. I had to get used to being larger too, because I could not fit in buildings anymore. I had to use my Khutit form I had gained while being adult. Being a Biped was very different, as I was a lot smaller, but it was very useful. The process of changing into a Khutit is pretty smooth, like going through a door. I had also grown fairly fond of a new breath weapon, the Lightning breath. It was fun to shoot lightning out of my mouth at my enemies, and weaken them. I had gained complete knowledge of combat, and had to focus on crafting. It was slow and boring, but I completed it slowly. Not much to say on this.

My Sister...she dissapeared when I was very young. I haven't seen her in many decades (as of now, I am 123 years old, and I feel it. Not as young as I used to be, sadly). I miss my sister. She was the only possible blood-family I had left. My A'mea still was around however, although harder and harder to find. By the time I had become an Elder, teaching young hatchlings new to the world, most of my Guild had stopped coming around, and I was mostly the only one around. Two hatchlings, however, caught my attention, by the name of Reagle and Ryshankito. They were both purple. I decided to raise them as my own, and I am glad I did. Reagle has grown into an Ancient that is very gentle and lovable, and Ryshankito almost the same. Having those two around made me feel complete, because I had family to care about, and to care for. That was, until I had to sleep for a long while. It was another episode of me having the dire need of sleeping, and I had not awoken for a few years. When I did awoke, however, the land was more barren, and I had no family around. I decided to hang around a bit, and found a new generation of Gifted that walked the land. My generation was very rare, but I did find a few. C'gan and his rider, Tagath, still roamed the land, helping others. My favorite kitty, Starlight, still was around, but her partner-in-crime, Saphire, was nowhere to be found. Not even Starlight could find her. Recently, however, the Gifted, and Istarian empire, had found a new Travel gate, leading to the so-called Dralnok's Doom, named after the Naka, Dralnok Hammerfist. He had died there slaying the enemies that existed there. The Helian dragons were even working on a new Breath weapon for us, using the acid from the Brachnia Beetles. I had talked to the breath trainer about it (his name also escapes me... I am really disliking old age. Can't remember details as I used to.), and he told me it was possible. But we had to find a chalice to hold the acid first. It was a long process, but we found an Adamantium flask with magical properties from Nature that could hold it. Getting enough acid was also a tough journey, because those Brachnia beetles were tough, and did not die easily. But we had did it, I had a flask of Distilled Acid. There was a possibility of me dying from drinking it, but I was not afraid, because I am Gifted. If I died drinking it, I would just come back alive again. I had held onto the bottle for a little while, not sure of drinking it. In the meantime, I had found a clearing that was a meeting place of sorts, for many individuals, gifted and non-gifted alike. It was there that I chose to drink the bottle, with several friends around me to help. When I did drink it, it had felt like it was Knut's Fire whiskey turned up several degrees. It burned all the way down...and I swore it burned my throat away, because the pain was immense. After a couple seconds of drinking it, I knew I was going to die, but I had friends there to ease my pain. It wasn't a fast death either, it was rather slow, and very painful. When I had finally died, it felt so refreshing to be freed from the pain. But it was only for a moment, because those friends that were around me had begun to resurrect me. When I was alive again, I found out that I could spit acid! It had worked! I was now fully capable of spitting acid. It was a pretty useful ability too.

After a few months of hanging out at the Clearing, I had found a hatchling named Duragis. He had no known Dragon family, and Naka had raised him. He was also blighted...but I saw the good and friendly soul in him. One Fiend however, had wanted to slay him. I wanted to eat that naka so badly, but I had resisted. I had researched a way to cure Duragis from the Blight...but his own body had beaten me to the punch. The Blight was being rejected by his essence and soul, and I had only to use my Primal Health, and Breeze spells to fully cure him. Once he was cured, he had taken on a brand-new sheen to his scales, and was as bouncy and happy as a hatchling should, so I decided to raise him as his A'meo.

I had also met a hatchling named Asua, who had gone blind, because apparently her body was turning metallic as she grew up. Once instance with her around will always stick in my mind. This dragon named Slee had arrived, and was rather mean. He taunded Asua to the point of Asua losing it completely, and was fighting slee...Asua could control the earth itself! That was a very interesting power, and was using it to great effect against slee. But slee was very resourceful himself, and had taken the air. I didn't want to get involved early on, but when I saw Asua tear into Slee's left hindquarter to the point of them both potentially falling and killing themselves, is when I decided to intervene. Once I reached them both, I had pulled Asua off Slee to save her, but in her blind rage, she bit my right front paw, and it hurt so badly, she had also bitten down to the bone and taken off a large amount of muscle. Fearing this, I landed quickly, and tried to heal it, before I bled out. I had stopped the bleeding and healed the broken bone, but the injury itself was still there, as were her teeth marks in my bone itself. I had some hand-wrappings from my hunting, and I had to use those to wrap up my injury. I could not put any pressure on it, or else it exploded in pain, so I could only walk on three legs. I was in great pain for a couple days, until a dragon I had met, named Zarla, and a druid named Azarain, had helped heal my paw. I still had a scar to remind me of the incident, but it was healed, and I could walk on it again. I had thanked Azarain several times, but she told me it was just her job. I was truly gratefull, because I would have been hobbling for weeks, and would not have been able to fight.

I had talked with Zarla after that, with a weird Spiritist named Niveus. He was a very interesting individual, because he was dark and possibly evil on the surface, but once you get to know him, he was just another Gifted who was fighting the Aegis like the rest of us. I was gaining new friends in my old age, apparently. I was enjoying myself, until I had met a blighted Aegis dragon, named Ryzaak. Niveus used a great amount of energy to purge the blight from him, and he apparently had died from it. His phylactery fell out during the commotion, and had the image of my Reagle in it! I knew right then I had to help him. I had raised him from the dead, but he flew off immediately afterwards, leaving his phylactery. But, before I could have gotten to it, a friend of his took it and ran off with it. It was not until a few weeks later I had found out, through Reagle himself, that Ryzaak was his biological father. When I found out, I was so glad I helped him, and was happy that my instincts had correctly guided me. When I met Ryzaak after that battle with Niveus, he was blind in both eyes, and was wanting my help to heal him. I used a great amount of energy to heal his eyes, but he still was weak. He had no magical energy in him. So I conferred with him, and Reagle, to find out a way to give him primal energy. Me and Reagle infused primal energy in Ryzaak. It had worked, he was happy again. He seemed very happy and hatchling-like afterwards, but it left my physically and Ethereally drained. After all that magic usage, I was almost at the point of passing out right where I lay, and the possibility of my body expiring from the lack of energy was in the back of my mind. But, right before I had passed out, Niveus did something I did not expect at all, he gave some of his energy to me, and allowed me to eat some food and sleep to regain my energy. I am still grateful that he did so, because it was completely unexpected. It seemed I had gained a friend in that Elf. After that, me and Reagle caught up, having not seen each other in a very long time. I found out he had gone through several Matings, and was depressed because of this. He had several clutches, but not many of his hatchlings survived. He told me he had a Nephew, named Falkor, who was a Druid-Dragon. I had met him later when he arrived, and we three had a good talking to. I found out I was a great-uncle, and a grandfather. It made me feel really old, but I was happy my family was expanding, and some of them still around. It was a good feeling to have my family around, because despite me making new friends in the Clearing, I was growing very lonely. I had no family around at all, and I was into a growing sadness. But when Reagle showed up, it turned me around, and made me happy again. I hope he sticks around.

Well, I think that is my life story up until now. I will continue to update this as my life continues, however. My life is not nearly over! I still have many decades to live yet.

Default Re: the journal and Life story of Romirez.

Today was an interesting day. i got woke up from my slumber by Demonicaa. as usual, it was a hatchling that woke me. i was happy to see her, as well as LungTien that was playing with her. it was a very peaceful morning, and i had slept well through the night, so i decided to stay awake, even enjoy a little swim. after a while Essera manadged to show up with a large belly, she was apparently carrying several eggs. i am happy for her, she was going to be a great mother.

after some resting, and relaxing in the morning sun, Zarla and Asua arrived. Asua was not very happy at all, thanks to Nyoko shoving her away. that must have broke her heart. after the two talked for a bit, they went off to Moyo Lake, to get Asua's eyes fixed finally, and i had followed, wanting to watch it take place. the area was very relaxing and soothing, i would love to visit there more often, no idea why i haven't before. it has great scenery too. a couple Naka i never met before did a complicated magic spell, that had replaced Asua's eyes with Diamond, which should be very resistant against damage, a great advantage in combat. but, she has to manually clean them, and cover them in sleep...i would accept the trade off. i am happy for Asua, she seemed very happy, but she noticed my scar on my right front paw when she got her sight back...she seemed ashamed when she saw it. i want to comfort her when i see her.

after that, i had went back to the clearing, but not before a short detour to Harro... i got a message that Starlight needed help with the Enraged Aegrors that were getting too close to Harro, we needed to kill the ones that were advancing. we mostly beat them back...but Gruk the Frigid manadged to surprise me, and had hurt me a pretty decent bit before i took to the air. starlight had gotten away as well. we called in reinforcements, and had Gruk driven back. he had thrown some blight on my scales as a parting gift however...but i manadged to clear it off before i got infected. i love my Anti-Blight armor crystals, i never leave home without them. my front left leg had a pulled muscle, my wing membrane was torn a little, and i had a broken rib, not to mention some superficial wounds. it did hurt... but zarla helped me heal.

i had met this Selarth character i have been hearing about today...he is very unstable to say the least. he creeps me out, in fact, he seemed to enjoy remembering a hatchling getting squashed. he also tried to tell me bogus stories about Starstilanx, but i have been around the mountain a few times, i knwo when someone is trying to tell me some fake stories....but i shall talk with starstilanx about the hatchling event nonetheless. i want to hear what he has to say. i am just glad Selarth did not attack me, as i have heard of him doing, there was no way i was able to defend myself adequately, and i might have been killed if he decided to attack and kill me. all he had to do was hit my ribs, and i was pretty much done. i will have to watch out for him in the future. i am glad we had that talk, i learned a lot about him.

((this entry is appended below the one above, written with slight anger))

i had a talk with Starstilanxs....apparently Selarth was mostly true about the hatchling. i had met him before, and his sister apparently took over his body, which is why Stars had to kill him. he told me he locked her away for good. he also told me more about Selarth, makes me feel VERY lucky today with his encounter. if he had attacked me...i would not have been able to beat him at the time. i will keep a more vigilant watch when he is around.

(( again, written with a Stylus, rather neatly.))

today was rather relaxing. not much happened...well, a couple things of note happened. after i did a nice long stretch, i had accidentally fallen asleep with Callihan and Nyoko around. i gotta watch those two from now on... they tied fish to my wings, and tied a fish and a bell to the tip of my tail. they thought it was absolutely hilarious. i got the last laugh after chasing callihan with the bell he tied onto my tail, and tied it onto his. it was great exercise, and it was kinda funny. after that, Duragis showed up. i haven't seen him for a week before that, and i was starting to wonder where he ran off to. he seemed to enjoy my massaging and preening, being so relaxed that a tickle won't even bother him.

later on, Zarla had arrived, with this Eidolen hatchling that i have never met. Eido seemed full of himself, even removing his wings magically...i don't think i like him, he may be a bit crazy. but... Zarla had done something i won't forget...she cut off her own paw, blood gushing and everything...and didn't even flinch. she re-grew another paw, but that was rather nasty...i think they're both crazy. are there any normal dragons around nowadays?

(this was written rather tiredly, with a stylus again)

studying with Khemarius has taken a turn for the worse... the studies are getting intense, and more field work is getting harder... as i progress in my training, the studies do indeed get harder, Khemarius has warned me. but i advance anyway, i wish to increase my magical skill. the most intense part of my training was going to the cursed Satyr Isles... i hate those islands. while killing an Abomination, i was suddenly overwhelmed by the undead magic casters there...they had held me down and had thrown a lot of attack spells, and arrows at me to the point where i suffered another death on that island. i do not like dying on that island...takes a while to return after a recall. but i had to return, and i had persevered when i did return, but with heavy injuries. after that, i earned the Ninth tier of the Drain Bolt spell. it was well earned, and works very well. i had gone to the clearing to relax, and heal. a wierd Dryad had helped me heal my wounds with a huge swarm of bees and wasps... scared me at first...but it helped greatly. although, she could do nothing about my broken front left leg. i'm going to be limping for a little while.

all in all, the new Drain Bolt spell was quite an adventure, but it was worth it. the spell itself is very usefull, it fires fast, and gives me plenty of life energy from my enemy. i am glad to have gotten the spell. although... the Tenth tier is going to be the hardest, i am afraid...i might suffer another death or two trying to finish it, unless i get plenty of help...

((this journal is written by a weak hand, as if he has a very low level of strength left))

i had confronted Selarth today...with Niveus, a couple of bipeds, and Starstilanxs. the battle was great...i had guarded Niveus as he chanted to suck up the soul of the evil one. Selarth had opened my left thigh, and i had to stop Starstilanxs from killing him in his bloodlust, which cost me the left side of my head, and i had nearly died. LungTien suddenly came by, and had brought me back from the brink of death. i was gratefull, because i was starting to feel cold. i also had to stop that fool Ryzaak from getting himself killed by helping Selarth. he nearly got himself killed, untill i healed a fatal wound in his chest. i need to chat with him about that. in any case, i have burn scars on the side of my head, a scar where Selarth opened my thigh up, and an older scar on my right front paw. i'm amassing quite a collection.

i have to talk to starstilanxs about his rage, he nearly killed me yesterday. he lets it get the better of him, and i believe part of what Selarth had told me the other day was true about him...he gets into crazy bloodlusts when he is in combat. i have to be more careful.

but...we killed Selarth. that monster will not be coming around anymore. i have to rest now....i am still very weak....(a scribble line as if the Stylus was let go)

(( written in a more steady hand, rune stylus-like pen))

i had slept nearly 2 days straight after the battle with Selarth...i was so weak i couldn't even stand up. that took a lot out of me. Selarth was a very strong dragon...Starstilanxs apologized after, for injuring me, and giving me this ... scar...on the side of my head. now that i have had time to look at it, i am starting to dislike it more and more. i might go to the Healing Tower to see if they can remove it, to put my face the way it used to be. i will keep my thigh marks...a reminder from Selarth. but my face...

this dragon named Cynny had woken me up with a Gold Rage, and i had nearly bit her paw off. rather stupid dragoness...attacking an ancient while dreaming about fighting selarth, she deserved it. i don't remember what she had asked me after that, i had slept for a while. i won't forget her.

i had also run into Razylm, Zarla, and Tsume that day. Zarla and Tsume are sisters, i found out....they look alike too. i had turned Khutit and played with Razylm for a while, it was most relaxing and fun. zarla...i was amazed, she seemed normal... instead of her brooding angsty self. apparently she is learning to love life again. i am glad she has a sister to lean against. i lost my sister when i was a hatchling. except for Rosha...i have no blood family left. it makes me feel really alone at times. but, i am happy for Zarla. she seems to be getting better.

a very strange thing happened to me the day after that...today. an Owl had woken me up...a talking owl. it had brought me to an out of the way spot, and given me an empty scroll...saying it was innocent of murder and i needed to wait for an informant to get the scroll...i am still suspicious, but i will do it. the Owl said her name was "sai", or something like that. one distinct thing i remember, is white feathers with blue stripes on it's head...kind of like Cynny's stripes....hmm. must be a coincidence. there are a lot of dragons that look alike, even though the owl told me she was a dragon. ...i have some thinking to do.

(written in Romirez's normal handwriting)

...Zarla got attacked by that Dragon lich... thing. i had followed Razylm and Niveus to help zarla out, but it was all a trap. Plage himself was waiting down on the ground, with what seemed to be a Mage army. we had attacked the dragonlich and manadged to hurt it at least somewhat. that was before it started to dive into what seemed to be a soul blight energy blast from Plage. Zarla got caught face-first in it...she was OK after she had a long recovery time. Razylm got a little bit of it...ate some of her away, and was attempting to corrupt her. we manadged to make it back to the clearing, but...raz was in bad shape, and i was healthy...so i did what i could. i used a Sacrificum stream that Tsume had taught me, and i took her damage and blight.

..... it could have been the stupidest thing i could have ever done...but i will do it again to save Raz, or any other friend or family member that i have. i nearly was corrupted myself, but Niveus again entered right when he was needed. i owe him my life, i would not be here if he hadn't arrived to save my hide. he had cleansed me of the blight, but i was still injured. after that, i had collapsed, and apparently was dying, until that druid, Aza showed up. she had taken a lot of energy to heal me. i am grateful for the friends i have, because i had needed them the most at that moment. the Lunus can go hang themselves on their ideals for all i care, bipeds are valuable allies.

the memory the blight had left behind however, is... haunting. after all i've been through, it's haunting me, and it scared me down to my soul, because that soul blight was eating away at my essence itself. it.. it bothers me. and i can't seem to get over it no matter what i do. but... i will gladly take it, because i saved Razylm from going through this, she is too young to have to deal with this kind of pain. but i have to ask myself, will i deal with it?

...i certainly hope so...

((written neatly, Stylus again. ))

i have been coping with the nightmares that i have been getting, thanks to that evil blight. that stuff really is horrible. i think that blight did more damage then i originally thought...i might have to figure out a way to stop these nightmares if they get worse.

changing topics, i recently learned a spell from LungTien to change my size at will...and he changed me into a hatchling without telling me, the sneak. although i had enjoyed it thoroughly, i need to get him back. the time i spent as a hatchling felt like a vacation, and i needed it quite badly. i shall be using this spell in the future quite frequently.

yesterday, Razylm had come to me crying her eyes out... i found out it was because Drysten told Razylm he did not approve of Spiritus. after comforting her, she told me what happened. Drysten needs to realize that her daughter is getting older... Spiritus isn't that bad of a dragon in his own right. i just hope he treats Raz right.

... Zarla had approached me that same day, also. she basically came up to me, and asked me if i would like to mate with her and her sister, rather bluntly. this wierded me out... i am not that type of dragon to just...go do it at the drop of a claw. i have Ryshankito to think about. i haven't seen her in a while, but she still is around. besides the fact that Zarla is acting way out of her usual character, i am already with another...i can't say yes.

....i also wonder what she ment by her sister coming with her in the mating thing...

(( you know the drill. stylus. neat handwriting.))

...i had a long talk with Zarla recently...and she opened up to me. she said to me things about her past that i had not known. after her little wierd stunt the other day, i did some hard thinking. our talk lasted nearly 2 hours. under all that hard exterior, zarla is just a person who wants to be loved.

we haven't had any more run ins with Plage or the Dracholich lately. i hope it stays this way. the last run in...i was almost corrupted. i fear the next meeting.

...my thoughts keep returning to Zarla for the past couple days. i am happy that i have gotten her to be happier. she seems much more vibrant now that she isn't so moody and sullen all the time. i had never realized how lonely i had gotten before i started hanging out with zarla for the past few days. it had put it in perspective how much i had wanted a mate all these years. i had just ignored the feeling until i had talked with Zarla....

... i think i'm falling for her...

i find myself falling deeper and deeper in love with Zarla...i am not alone anymore. it's hard to express it in words...but i just feel ... relaxed? comfortable? warm? with her around.

never thought zarla would have been the one, but she surprised me. i hope this lasts.

......i don't have much to write here, other that i am deeply in love with zarla, which his big news in itself, because i finally got zarla to be happy again, and i finally found a mate after all these years. if we are to officially be mated, i want a ceremony, even though zarla told me she doesn't want one. i'll change her mind. i want a ceremony.

.... it's been a while since i updated my journal... so i feel it's time.

i have been spending my time with Zarla a lot lately... i have completely fallen for her, and i plan on spending the rest of my life with her. she has her quirks.. who doesn't? but... i love her.

i have kind of moved in with her over at Moyo Lake, but my lair still resides in Scorpion Isle. Moyo Lake is a great place to set up a home at, surrounded by mountains, with a center lake, it's perfect to raise hatchlings in. no idea when me and Zarla will have our own hatchlings, but i'm happy with Iseia for now. she's a sweet hatchling. ...i do want hatchlings of my own eventually though. but i can wait.

me and zarla made it official with a couple of silver bands, what Naka calls 'bracelets', but i put mine on my earfin, as an earring. Zarla wears hers on a horn. i guess Naka would call those Marriage bands... wierd term. also, Shinkuu has imbued our bands with mind protection runes...if anyone tries to invade mine or Zarla's mind, the runes will react and repel the mind of the attacker and attempt to turn them into what she called a 'Vegetable', or a body without a mind. she says those were hard to make, and are one time use only...i am grateful for that. we are also working to counter the affects of the Soul Blight that Plage has came up with... and Shinkuu came up with a potion that will counter the affects, but it's again, one use only. it isn't bad, as long as we have several of them to take with us.

that Satyr, Tanak, has used me for the last time... he told me something about Draustin which was completely false, and sent me a memory of the 'events'. i regret what i did... i probably undid all of his therapy work...i hate myself for what i did. but.. Tanak will never bother anyone else ever again. his last action in this world was entering my body... through my mouth. i enjoyed taking down the Satyr. i do not regret taking down anybody that intends to use me for evil purposes... they will meet their end...

just yesterday... a couple hatchlings bit me. one of them must contain Venom... because i had actually died from a toxin in my system. it might have been from that hatchling from Essera's and Githinji's clutch... i need to talk to either of them, and warn them. if it will kill me, then their clutch is in danger. i hope he doesn't bite anyone else...

((this journal was written with slight anger))

Githinji has anger issues. just last night, he went attacking me because of what his hatchling said. apparently i was aiding a murderer... he only listened to reason after Starstilanxs had finally told him that Draustin didn't kill Riphesh. i was telling him that the entire time. what do i get out of this? a huge chunk ripped out of my neck. and another Flameburst. i swear, i'm going to get him back for that.

all this started before i even knew what was going on. Githinji might have anger issues. but this ancient can get angry as well. and you never anger an ancient.

so apparently someone killed Riphesh...and he looks like draustin. but it isn't draustin. so now Rip's hatchlinghood is now ruined...his parents seriously need to keep that hatchling on a shorter leash... why is he running around alone anyway?!

*romirez sighs, flipping his stylus in his fingers*

the past few months with Zarla have been great... we are a perfect couple... and i no longer feel alone. Zarla is as strong as me, and we enjoy hunting together. we recently adopted a new hatchling, named Welun... so our family has grown a bit. we have Issy, Welun, and Duragis...so i guess there's no reason to have our own clutch...not yet anyway. Duragis is a great hatchling... behaving as always... and Welun is bubbly as always, and Issy is as cute as ever. she still sleeps in our own private hovel in Moyo Lake, but Zarla is now working on a home in the side of a mountain in Lesser Aradoth, in the outskirts of Sslanis. so... i guess it's an effective place of we are to protect lesser Aradoth.

i have been working on my crafting skills, and they are coming along nicely. i still have yet to work with Marble... but i'm getting there. slowly... but i am getting there. Obsidian is ever easier to work on though... so that's a good thing.

*he pauses.... thinking. twirling his stylus in his claws again*

my own home has progressed as well... i have my Lair room finished, and i am working towards my Library. i opened up the third level, which is a storage level. i cannot wait until i can unload all of my Formulae scrolls into the library. they have become a nuisance inside my scalepack and my vault... i have a little too many... *he chuckles to himself*

my thoughts still come back to Zarla at the end of the day.... even after several months with her, i am still in love with her. i find my mind wandering to her when i am very bored... i even accidentally say her name, instead of the name i wish to say. our umm.... "fun alone times" have been very, well, fun. also, relaxing. she knows how to really make me relax. when she massages my muscles, she infuses heat into her massage... making my muscles relax alot... it's very relaxing.

not much else has happened, other than that... Plage is keeping quiet. Cynny is not making a peep. it seems things in Istaria are finally becoming peaceful... but they won't stay that way, so i will just enjoy it as long as it's here.

...i can't find Zarla...been searching for a few days now. she's not at Moyo, nor at her Lair... her tools at the lair are gathering dust... haven't seen Tsume or Shinkuu at all either. i'm starting to get worried. i've forgone eating, and sleeping to find my mate... i am starting to get worried.

*addendum*

...been an entire week now... i can't find my mate. i'm really worried. her lair is untouched, as is Moyo. i'm starting to get hungry... maybe i should take a break from searching, and eat something. i've barely slept as well... i can't sleep with my worry.

i'm going to update this soon.... i must find her...

*2nd addendum*

*tear splotch, writing is scraggly* SHE'S DEAD... MY ZARLA IS DEAD... *another splotch* shinkuu's spirit told me... she's recovering in the spirit realm... *squiggles going down the page making this line unreadable*

*written in huge letters* MY ZARLA IS DEAD....

so, it's been a while since i wrote in this thing....

i've gotten over the loss of my mate, which is a good thing. my adopted daughter, Welun, is trying to find me another one... she is so cute when she does it, but i'm not really ready for a mate so soon.... i will wait till i find the right one. until then, i will stay single.

recently, i have been sleeping a lot... too much in fact. when gifted ancients get to the point of their natural death, they sleep a lot, or so i hear. i aint ready to go yet... but i can't help but wonder. i'll just have to keep in shape, i don't want to go to the spirit realm yet, i want to stay here. i have a daughter to take care of.

don't have much more to write... need to catch up with others on recent events however...

this Journal is starting to get a bit dusty... need to de-dust my lair a bit more. well, i can't write very much in here, but i'll try.

i've been feeling tired lately. it's probably old age catching up to me... but Gifted doesn't age like normal people... i hope it's nothing. i've been spending most of my time sleeping, and doing things around my lair, enjoying the quiet of Scorpion Island. not many go around to this island.

i have been thinking more about my family lately... i barely have any left nowadays, thanks to certain events that ripped a few certain individuals from my life... so glad i still have Welun and Duragis. i hate the fact that i am almost alone family wise. i have also been wondering how long do Gifted usually live? do they even have a natural life span? how long will i live before i die of natural causes? not even the great wizards that conducted the spell of Life Everlasting could have prevented the natural life of individuals... at least i don't think. i will need to do more research on that subject...

been a while since i wrote in this thing.... i have been sleeping an unnaturally long time. i only laid down to rest my eyes, next thing i know it's been quite some time since i last woke... i found rotted food in my lair... most likely brought in by Welun... my time can't be coming now, can it? i'm not that old, am i?

or am i just tired by the recent events with Selarth, and that blighted general, and the loss of my mate? i hope it's the latter.

i have found my daughter Welun, and Duragis. both are adults, and they both miss me dearly. i need to spend a lot of time with them, they seemed to take it a bit hard. Niveus is still hanging around however, still friends with Saphire.... of all dragons. never would have imagined it.

i was also recently involved in a battle for Aughundell, a Blight Anchor managed to spawn a small army outside the city gates, and the Dwarven protectors of the city called for help. being one of the Dragon Elders, i heeded the call. it was a fierce battle, with a few deaths... including mine. i got swarmed, and i couldn't heal fast enough. good thing a biped managed to ressurect me right there. we did beat the tide though, and killed the Anchor. the Blight shall never win! it was a great victory. the Aegis seems to be very active nowadays, seems they have a leader... maybe. this doesn't look good though. i now have reason to stay Awake for quite a few years now.

(( haha wow this thing is getting popular...))

((hehe i read this all the time romi sorry did you want more ooc comments? xD)

Thread Information