Page 24 of 42 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: Minecraft

Default Re: Minecraft

There is an area north and east of Istur. I have placed a set of torches and two dark grey/black wool indicating the start of the torch-path. This is Hoarfrost Village, community building encouraged.

Quote Originally Posted by Kthan Starsong View Post
    Heya, ehem. Sorry. The area marked 'Who's Working Here' in Nospawn is mine. Mark it 'Kthan's Territory' or 'Gjalerhorn's Overlook' for me, if you would be so kind.
    Well since your area is big enough I've fitted both names.

Updated maps again

Hai

Hai: No-Spawn

So does someone have some spare lava they don't need to put in this thing?
    Last edited by Rathios; July 12th, 2011 at 04:54 PM.

Hey guys,
    Sorry I have been around so sporadically, I'm currently finishing up my summer semester in college, for any of you that sent me PM's, I'll get right to them as soon as I can!

Runedragoon's island journal:

day 12... oh lost count. *Scribbled out the number.* Ice age continues. I seem to be in a pocket of non frigid weather, although my boats are locked in the boathouses by ice. Made a statue to anubis out of ice in case the god of the underworld didn't like me mining up all his resources.

I found how to start portals even with the fire's turned off. If you spawn the actual fire into your inventory and use that on the portal it should start the portal up.

The Art so far

That art is awesome... just awesome!

Can you spawn stuff into your inventory in the normal (not nospawn) world?

I had a rather serious anomoly come up yesterday. Basically I ran minecraft, was unable to log in (timed out), ran offline, joined multiplayer, and joined as someone else entirely. Anyway I took a screenshot and logged out. Afterwards I persisted and was able to log in to the minecraft game, then join multiplayer as normal and as myself.

See the attached screenshot... apologies to whoever I was logged in as.

Rakku
    Attached Images Attached Images

was that made in the no spawn world the eastern dragon?

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit View Post
    Can you spawn stuff into your inventory in the normal (not nospawn) world?

I had a rather serious anomoly come up yesterday. Basically I ran minecraft, was unable to log in (timed out), ran offline, joined multiplayer, and joined as someone else entirely. Anyway I took a screenshot and logged out. Afterwards I persisted and was able to log in to the minecraft game, then join multiplayer as normal and as myself.
    The No spawning items only applies to the No-spawn zone.

Well that's Githinji's area your in, dunno what went on with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Hasia View Post
    was that made in the no spawn world the eastern dragon?
    Yes it is, made with blocks of sweat and tears.

I'm currently slowly picking up lava and placing it on the spots.

Quote Originally Posted by Darziak View Post
    The No spawning items only applies to the No-spawn zone.

Well that's Githinji's area your in, dunno what went on with you.
    Right... that makes sense. So I can spawn stuff. I assumed the no-spawn reference was to mobs at night!

So that's Githinji's area... but I wasn't just there, I was that player I guess since I had diamond swords, shovels, etc... definitely not me in any way. I lost most of my good stuff when I set myself on fire!

Rakku

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit View Post
    Right... that makes sense. So I can spawn stuff. I assumed the no-spawn reference was to mobs at night!

So that's Githinji's area... but I wasn't just there, I was that player I guess since I had diamond swords, shovels, etc... definitely not me in any way. I lost most of my good stuff when I set myself on fire!

Rakku
    I should've used this term instead. :P
    Hai - spawn anything
    Hai-Nospawn - Don't use spawn!

You should've typed a message and see what name came up while as someone else.

I also did the portal testing on your portal so it should be up and running. It took me to the nether area where I had entered previously from near the Traveller's Rest.

Should probably let you know that the stripey buildings next to the Parthenon on Hai are mine.

Slee Maogrin- Chaotic, spotty warmonger of Order~

Whats going on with the server? I haven't been able to connect in a long time, using the last version that the server was updated for, or even the new one (in case it was updated with no post)

Quote Originally Posted by Nykara View Post
    Whats going on with the server? I haven't been able to connect in a long time, using the last version that the server was updated for, or even the new one (in case it was updated with no post)
    Nope... nor me... thanks for the info regarding spawning... much appreciated!

Rakku

Quote Originally Posted by pajlizard View Post
    Should probably let you know that the stripey buildings next to the Parthenon on Hai are mine.
    Oh do you mean the one where I put "who built this?" by the Parthenon.
    I forgotten who built it so I put that label there.

I've also havn't been able to log in, I guess the admin needs to check the server.

Well, I -really- regretfully have to inform you all that the server's world files are entirely corrupted. Due to school pretty much taking over my life for the past 7 weeks, I havn't been able to log in to the server as college ended up taking priority. As such, I have no backups that are recent and without corruption.

Since I know you all have put a TON of work into the server, I can't imagine how you would feel and all I can really say is that I'm very sorry for having to regenerate a new world.. -again-.

I hope you all can enjoy a new world that will be generated today and is as we speak

Edit: And if any of you want the old world files to see what you can do with them, please let me know, i'll zip and upload them for you

Although a heavy loss for us all it does provide us with an opportunity if we wait for the big 1.8 update.

Here's some snippets of info:-

Notch hinted at the likelihood of boss monsters in the randomly generated dungeons.

Notch posted this image as a working example of a ravine crossing through a stronghold.

Notch appears to have been experimenting with map-height changes. He went on to say that while nothing definitive is planned, they are looking into possible map height restrictions in the future.

XP system
    terraria style bosses
    So if we wait and have the server created in 1.8 instead of 1.7 we would have better terrain which I think would be better for everyone.

The release date is still TBA so I'm giving out my suggestion.

Like I mentioned to Darziak, I'm keeping the server up for everyone to have fun with until the 1.8 update, I'm not going to just shut it down because of an update which is possibly coming 'soon' which might be in the next two months. :P

Yeah thats not coming soon. Minecrafts official release date is closing in and 1.8 is probably going to end up being the release patch. It was also mentioned it would be demoed at PAX, which isn't until the end of next month.

Hey stars, just wanted to pass a note that another server I've been fiddling around on is having the ice age problem too. Nobody knows why, and the owner has been asking around about it to no avail, so you aren't alone.

Thread Information