Page 3 of 42 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Minecraft

Default Re: Minecraft

Decided to have some fun just building and put the game in peaceful mode.

My base is nothing worthy of looking at, however the garden leading to my front step is quite pretty

Here's a shot from my front door.

And here's a shot leading in at night.

Dont mind the fire. I set the island on fire so I can find my way back home when I go exploring.

Delaware, USA that little state no one knows about XP

An entire burning forest... that's certainly easy to see from a distance. xD Very nice pathway btw. ^^
    Anariah, Callihan, Selarth, Osiron, Asandra, Azayan, and Zefani of the Order Shard
    Want a pic of your character? Click here!

@Reverse You had a zombie spawn in your house? Pssh, I had a creeper spawn in my basement! Needless to say I wasn't very happy about that. :P But I managed to lure it outside where it proceeded to blow up my basement door. At least it wasn't in my house. I swear I thought I had enough torches... You can never have too many torches.
    Anariah, Callihan, Selarth, Osiron, Asandra, Azayan, and Zefani of the Order Shard

Oh don't worry I had like 5 creepers and spiders in there as well, along with some skeleton archers. Those zombies definitely brought their friends, however after the zombie attacked me, I started knockin' holes in my walls for windows and pot-shot a few monsters from the outside with my bow and arrows. lol, however once i opened up the skylight they didn't like it so much and left. lol
    Githinji Koray son of Starstilanxs-Order Shard, Raml Koray son of Githinji-Order Shard
    Every man has a price to charge and a price to pay. Yeah, I've paid mine in ♠spades♠.

Geez, they had a monster party going on in your house didn't they. x3 I wonder which is smellier, a monster party with zombies or a farm animal party. At least the farm animals don't try to tear you to pieces.

I tried to make a treehouse once, but failed for two reasons: the leaf decay started to make the walls and ceiling fall apart. The second being why. Creepers are green. Not easy to see against foliage. I'm sure you can figure out the rest. T_T
    Chaos: Gael Tycarren--Dragon
    "I just... want to remember."

found a new cavern, at the bottom of this cavern is a room so big that three hours in I've only managed to circumnavigate the swiss cheese structure to get halfway down because there are holes and lava flows/pools everywhere. I successfully get two precariously located diamonds, turn around and have to shoot a creeper into a lava pit. Carefully make my way out, turn to check for more diamonds, then am launched into the pool from behind by another creeper that I'm guessing came suicide running from an inaccessible upper level. En route to pool all my character could say was along the lines of "You little bas--*sizzle* ..."

On the flip side after more precarious navigation, this room has yielded 10 more diamonds and its still not done...

having lots of fun playing mine-craft.....after 15 restarts i found a perfect world surrounded by mtns and valleys mixed with grass and snow and a beach not to far...best part is i have found 7 large cavern entrance within sight of each other. been exploring the first one now for 4 days

Quote Originally Posted by Armameteus View Post
    I tried to make a treehouse once, but failed for two reasons: the leaf decay started to make the walls and ceiling fall apart. The second being why. Creepers are green. Not easy to see against foliage. I'm sure you can figure out the rest. T_T
    What many people do for a treehouse, is build the basic building (perhaps in a tree-shape framework made of dirt), then growthe tree around it. You can stack saplings on top of trees by inserting a dirt block among the leaves and the using Bonemeal to grow them instantly -- then you can trim the leaves/branches to get the desired shape.

{Helian Dragon} -------- {Order Shard} -------- {My Photo Album}

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDragoon View Post
    found a new cavern, at the bottom of this cavern is a room so big that three hours in I've only managed to circumnavigate the swiss cheese structure to get halfway down because there are holes and lava flows/pools everywhere. I successfully get two precariously located diamonds, turn around and have to shoot a creeper into a lava pit. Carefully make my way out, turn to check for more diamonds, then am launched into the pool from behind by another creeper that I'm guessing came suicide running from an inaccessible upper level. En route to pool all my character could say was along the lines of "You little bas--*sizzle* ..."

On the flip side after more precarious navigation, this room has yielded 10 more diamonds and its still not done...
    One thing you can do to eliminate the magma is bring a bucket of water with you. Then you just pour the water on the magma and then pick the water back up. You'll get plenty of obsidian and not worry about burning alive. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Khosadan View Post
    What many people do for a treehouse, is build the basic building (perhaps in a tree-shape framework made of dirt), then growthe tree around it. You can stack saplings on top of trees by inserting a dirt block among the leaves and the using Bonemeal to grow them instantly -- then you can trim the leaves/branches to get the desired shape.
    I suppose with bonemeal, that tactic has become more feasible...

I'm actually going to try that, I think. Thanks, Khos.

Quote Originally Posted by BrightCat View Post
    One thing you can do to eliminate the magma is bring a bucket of water with you. Then you just pour the water on the magma and then pick the water back up. You'll get plenty of obsidian and not worry about burning alive. :P
    I want to try to save the lava flows, my dream fort is a volcano fortress oddly. Lava moat on the outside, all nice and cozy inside.

I want to try to save the lava flows, my dream fort is a volcano fortress oddly. Lava moat on the outside, all nice and cozy inside.
    How is that odd? It's no different than a Lunus-style lair in this game, except more blocky and customizable.

Played around a bit in the nether (The underworld), used some cheats taht basicly made me invincible, and boy did I need it!

Don't click the link if you dont want to be spoild. :P
    Tcei visits the underworld
    And yess thats a squid in the lower right hand corner, appearently they'll spawn down there if you can get water down there XD

Quote Originally Posted by Tcei View Post
    Played around a bit in the nether (The underworld), used some cheats taht basicly made me invincible, and boy did I need it!

Don't click the link if you dont want to be spoild. :P
    Tcei visits the underworld
    And yess thats a squid in the lower right hand corner, appearently they'll spawn down there if you can get water down there XD
    Oh god, so many Ghasts. Have fun with that.

Actually, I've found the Nether to not be so bad. The trick fighting Ghasts is that their fireballs can be counteracted in two ways:

1. They're actually only able to destroy netherrack (the stuff the Nether landscape is made out of). If you bring in some brick, cobblestone or even dirt--yes, plain old dirt--they can't destroy it. You can build an impenetrable barrier of dirt around you and you'll never get hit. Even glass works--you can see out, but they can't shoot in.

2. The fireballs can be attacked to throw them back at the Ghast. Using literally anything. You can punch the fireballs away (though it's not really recommended). If you're good with a bow, you can shoot an arrow at it and that'll send it off too. Eventually, you'll learn how to aim those fireballs as well.

On the server I run, I occasionally set it up to load into the nether from the start, its rather awesome playing around in Multiplayer in the nether.

Just some of the events that I sometimes start XD

So it all started with an island. After wayfaring round by boat, I finally found something that is an actual island and a fair way out in the middle of the ocean too, instead of an island near the land that is more just a part of the peninsula than anything. So I marked the island and claimed it for myself... then made a place to hide during the day on the mainland.

Of course, now I remembered that if I die, I may not remember how to get back. So I made cobblestone markers with torches to light my path back, and also to mark channels I had to pass through so I don't destroy my boat at night running into land.

Some of the markers were a little convoluted in the path and once I went the wrong way and had to destroy those 'wrong way' markers into unknown territory. Eventually I ended up at another outpost on a beach, where originally I had thought "Well, mabey I could just build up from the seafloor" - but my adventures in making cobble posts from the seafloor ended that (and prompted the island search).

While telling callihan about it, he said something along the lines of "Heh, you need a lighthouse or something to find your way round at that rate."

... So I built up the beach outpost - out of it rose a tower. Fire didn't work well in staying lit and I've never been fond of glowstone. I needed something that was going to be seen as far as the game could load it. And a substance so bright and volatile it screams "HEY! I'M OVER HERE!" - So I used lava.

Several falls and incinerations later, the lighthouse was done and boy did it deliver on its job of being the most visible thing within draw distance. It didn't take long for other server residents (starstilanx's server) to notice the giant magmatic tower feature on the beach with a dock I built next to it.

So stars built a little brick house nearby with a tiny patch of farmland, cause yeah, that lava lighthouse is teh awesome.

It didn't take long for me to decide the harbour could become another absolutely cool thing next to the lighthouse. I put glass down, walked a bit to the left, and tunnelled down. There is now an absolutely gorgeous and half built tavern under there, with an underwater view of sunsets and moonsets by pure fluke. You can look up and see people come and go in boats. When the tavern is done, you should be able to come in, grab some food from the chest, have a snack and relax in the scenery.

Tavern also did not go unnoticed. Immediately, another house was built on the sand. About this time I decided it was irritating to walk from spawnpoint to the beach, so I made a road and another dock at the spawn point for boating to the lighthouse dock (And placed some channel markers so you don't run your boat aground at night).

Today as I poked a bit more at building the tavern under the beach, several people were working overhead.

What started as just an innocent lighthouse has now turned into a fully blown town - my significant other mauled a mountain out nearby to build himself a castle, a road has popped up through the town, more houses, and now there is even a pair of fishing piers. I never foresaw how a town would suddenly just appear - but wow, its awesome how things just happen!

does any one have a sever running?

I got a windows 2003 sever running on my home network that im trying to figure out how to get a sever to run on it but if their is one already running i think it would be neat if we had a istaria fan club server

Stars runs a server, just pm him for the IP address.

Also, it would seem with the tavern practically done...
    Attached Images Attached Images

i am unable send or receive pms

Thread Information