Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dragons with mane?

Default Dragons with mane?

Hello, i have recently seen, on the forum, in-game pictures of dragons who had furry manes... I'd like to try it, myself, but I don't know if there is a mod.

Default Re: Dragons with mane?

I haven't seen any actual post about it, and the only places I've seen it are in Blue Hasia's screenshots. I suspect that it's a mod he made for himself and hasn't publicly released.

.:Malestryx:.

Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

I think he tried to post bout it on the forums but it got deleted

*shrugs* yea that happens when developers dont like stuff we make ourselves or even discuss it. Even more the reason to post it on unofficial boards like www.crimson-dawn.org/forum
    Dakoren Ironhand - Multiclassed Half-Giant
    Krondel Bloodclaw - Ancient Dragon

But that..makes little sense. Considering all the other appearance changes for dragons have never been deleted (to my knowledge), horn and teeth changes, the ancient size reversion mod, spell-apperance change mods, even Shian's recoloring of dragon "mod"..

So why would THIS one not be acceptable? Was it ever explained? Ar? Just..very odd given the history...
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

*doesn't understand, neither.

This is probably due to actually altering game files instead of a mere re-skinning like most other mods.

Don't the teeth and claw mods fall under "altering game files" category though?

.:Malestryx:.

Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

Quote Originally Posted by Raptress View Post
    Don't the teeth and claw mods fall under "altering game files" category though?
    i am not sure raptress.. all i know is he did post it and some one removed it.. not sure what the post said but i know he is the creator of the "mod" he also created pilot masks for his dragon characters xD

Quote Originally Posted by Shian View Post
    This is probably due to actually altering game files instead of a mere re-skinning like most other mods.
    But the way the manes were made is no more "altering game files" than changing tints, or the claws/teeth mods.... yes, it's a slight change to the game ART files, but I can't see why that's any different to adding the code to make the map pack work...?
    - Kesqui - Formerly of Ice, now of Chaos, lair in Liak
    First Rebirth 12-12-2003 / Ascended to Ancient 12-12-2010

Question Re: Dragons with mane?

In the case a mod like is that isn't wanted, I wonder why there are no explanations from the developpers, if they are the ones who don't want to make it public.

When I was on my modding spree a year ago I found the devs to be quite helpful, even supportive... And I was getting pretty deep into the client there at the end.

Perhaps this incident was with a previous regime?

The manes I've seen in a few screenshots just look like a re-done 'frill' texture - albeit very well done with a nice use of transparency. I can't see any reason that mod would be 'voted off the island'.

Well, perhaps something is already being done with the frill textures and there was some desire to prevent conflict? Kinda like the new Khutit heads; where several highly used Dragon mods simply break the new heads and there was some confusion over which mod was breaking what feature...

Just my two cents on the matter.

Going to be blunt here

Your speculating and assuming based on what may/may not or might not even be true.

If you are interested in the mod that blue is working on, speak to him directly please.

I don't have any moderator rights on this forum, but this post needs to be locked.
    Chasing
    Chaos Shard
    Scarlet Dawn

*blinks* Locking the thread seems a bit harsh. Dev input would be nice.
    Seems like good advice to contact Blue Hasia directly, though.

agreed awdz im surprised they have not said anything...
    i could be mistaken on what happened but last i knew the post was not allowed on the forums ..
    id contact blue hes a friendly guy.. dont think he posts much on for forms of his modding since then

Manes, on a dragon, I like a more reptilian approach after all they love lava, well if manes were made i would like to see neck crests made. that i find more appealing .

mean like a lion?

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Hasia View Post
    mean like a lion?
    More like this

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__...lexstrasza.PNG

Look at the dragons neck.

The front part of the chest of the dragon really gets warped for textures. Best thing to do is add a new mesh that would not warp so much with the dragon movements. But sadly im a 3ds max guy and hz was done in maya and there are conflict issues when i tried in the past to work with some stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Hasia View Post
    The front part of the chest of the dragon really gets warped for textures. Best thing to do is add a new mesh that would not warp so much with the dragon movements. But sadly im a 3ds max guy and hz was done in maya and there are conflict issues when i tried in the past to work with some stuff.
    Had to try, thanks for the responce. Btw keep up the good work

Thread Information