Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: so this is a crafting game?

Default Re: so this is a crafting game?

Quote Originally Posted by starlight View Post
    A biped can not move an heal at the same time, detox self will work while moving. all spells if the biped moves it reset the cast time. but detox self only removes a dot or debuff does no healing though
    I reckon you are responding to my comment about bipeds healing while running. I know that a biped has to stand still for a moment, but a dragon in flight has to land, cast a heal and take of again which takes more time… Unless Refreshing Breeze is available, but if the fight was going bad chances are that Refreshing breeze has been used already.
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

It was just an example of the immense gap in difficulty it takes to arrive at the creation of ANYTHING when comparing Dragon Crafting to Bipeds
    In a game where you have little to do except grinding the next schools, it IS important to have many schools available to grind.

A day 1 dragon player could be done and forever with just a couple of weeks of playing. This is not exactly good at players retention.
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Vahrokh View Post
    In a game where you have little to do except grinding the next schools, it IS important to have many schools available to grind.

A day 1 dragon player could be done and forever with just a couple of weeks of playing. This is not exactly good at players retention.
    I'd have to agree here, even though the grind does get to a player sometimes.

A dragon only has 1 adventure school, and as such, can blow all of the trophies he/she wants, and not have to worry about saving them up for when they no longer get XP from mobs.

My own personal experiences, since a dragon is capable of killing mobs levels above them (assuming they had some help in properly gearing up and had a good proper training point allocation), I was able to kill whole slews of Marble Golems 10-ish levels above me. When I got up to the level to turn in the trophies, I had enough trophies to instantly ding 10 levels.

When I did that, I ground out Fire Opal Golems and instantly dinged 5 levels.

Now, he's 97 IIRC, and almost done with his leveling. The only things left to do for him, is ARoP (which I'm waiting for the revamp, to experience a more smooth/well designed/less-prone-to-break quest line) and DLSH.

DLSH would be a little easier upon getting ancient (more inventory, faster fly speed) and I suppose some Broken Dragon Scales could be done (assuming they're even in the game by the time I get there) as well, but otherwise...

I'm drawing a blank on what to actually do, other than use my dragon to help level my biped and maybe help the occasional group kill epic/ARoP mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Vahrokh View Post

This seems to be the general problem with trying to separate dragons into their own game. What exactly is the benefit in making dragons have so few schools while making bipeds have so many? I personally find myself wishing my dragons could make some much-needed consumables while wishing I had any idea of what craft school my biped should level at any given time.

Also, since my guild is about 75% hatchlings, I find myself on my biped helping guildies get the stuff they need about 90% of the time, and the other 10% I'm making T1 spells for everyone. My biped's very combat-averse, so it's very frustrating when I find that I need to make some scrolls for whatever reason but can't because I don't have the needed combat ability to survive the mobs near the only place T1 papyrus spawns.

For that matter, why can't we have T1 azulyte and papyrus in NT or somewhere not a continent away from the nearest pad? I've even had to tell my guild's hatchlings to avoid getting DLSH until after RoP because azulyte's near impossible for them to obtain at a decent rate without flying.
    Ryushu Suisen, Tathar Nuar, and PhoenixStar, Guildmaster of the Construction Crew
    Check out our wares!

Quote Originally Posted by Tathar View Post
    For that matter, why can't we have T1 azulyte and papyrus in NT or somewhere not a continent away from the nearest pad? I've even had to tell my guild's hatchlings to avoid getting DLSH until after RoP because azulyte's near impossible for them to obtain at a decent rate without flying.
    I don't know about Papyrus, but for Azulyte.. there used to be some in NT, way at the bottom of the mine, but even then, it was useless because there were no crystalshapers anywhere near or on NT.

They do this because "NT is only for starters and should not have advanced craft school equipment" and the only reason they put a tinkering bench on the island, is because of the elders wanting to make cargo gear/disks for T1 newbies.

As for it being "a continent away", I tend to agree, though if you can fly, it isn't so bad; the best place to find T1 Azulyte (that comes WITH a crystalshaper AND a public silo AND gems/jewelcutter AND essence/essence shaper not too far away) is in the LA Deadlands. But, unless you're 30-40+, you're likely to have trouble getting it, with all of the undead mobs swarming the place. If there's another, better, easier place to get it, I haven't found or heard of it yet.

Not to mention, the walk to and from the lairshaper trainer takes forever and is potentially dangerous if the newbie accidentally misses the cave and walks down that road too far (the Lv70+ ogres/pygmies would kill them pretty quickly).

Yeah, I remember when azulyte used to be on NT. We need it back, with the dark azulyte for flying disks too. T1 flying disks should be enough reason to bring it back with a crystalshaper, since DCRA needed a crystalshaper ever since flying disks were added. I found pretty poor reasoning behind it being removed the first time, since most biped prestige schools could use NT to level up from T1. Unfortunately, my main has to run around everywhere just to get all of the different resources needed for T1 flying disks, and nobody else ever seems interested in stocking the NT connie with flying disks. My hatchie can't even hope to gather all of those resources because dark azulyte is so far out of the way of everything.

To revisit the "NT is for starters" thing, I just realized that every biped craft school can adequately make use of NT except confectioner, and that can at least use some of the mobs as resource nodes. Armorer, fletcher, jeweler, spellcrafter, tailor, and weaponsmith are just slightly modified versions of basic schools, all of the construction schools have everything they need right by the resources, and tinkerer and alchemist have their machines sprinkled throughout the island. What's this about not having advanced craft school equipment? Seems it's not even possible to have an NT without the stuff biped prestige schools need.

Also, I absolutely agree about the lairshaper trainer. I groan every time I need to switch craft schools on my dragons.
    Ryushu Suisen, Tathar Nuar, and PhoenixStar, Guildmaster of the Construction Crew
    Check out our wares!

Viridian azulyte (T1) is also in the gem mine on the south side of the Kion volcano.

It is rumored there is a public lair with a crystalshaper in it on the west side of the Kion volcano. Unless you want to brave gliding in from the top, it's best to fly in.

I think there is also a crystalshaper in a lair by Kion... Shores? East of Kion.
    Dragon Scroll; BLIGHT~Anam, Ahleah; CHAOS~Veruliyam, Ceruliyan, Jaguarundi, Spinel, Ssussurrouss, Chon; ORDER~Aucapoma, Susurrus

Quote Originally Posted by Veruliyam View Post
    Viridian azulyte (T1) is also in the gem mine on the south side of the Kion volcano.

It is rumored there is a public lair with a crystalshaper in it on the west side of the Kion volcano. Unless you want to brave gliding in from the top, it's best to fly in.

I think there is also a crystalshaper in a lair by Kion... Shores? East of Kion.
    easisest way for a glider/non-flyer to get to the kion gem mine is to head left around the mountain till you get to the path that leads to the south side (if you are on the road there is sign that says forest with a arrow pointing to the path) don't take the path if you are under 20 as it is infested with swarming spider soldiers, instead go north of the path and hug the mountain untill you reach the mine.

When you are ready for the crystal shaper head south, skirt the small blighted area and go toward the kion/par stone quarry. Just under the stone quarry are two lairs. One of the lairs is unfinished and belongs to Winner (my 7yo daughter, can't pay but help would be appriciated (this is on chaos btw, will be different on blight and order)) the other lair has a crystal shaper as it's first room....the run btween the mines and that lair is fairly safe (mostly non-aggy spider breeders) but still be careful and keep moving.

Thread Information