Thread: bring back the bad trinkets

Default bring back the bad trinkets

please bring back the bad (cursed blighted tarnished)trinkets, they were the trinkets that got used the most
    they were extremely fun! we could suicide off of them in town

Default Re: bring back the bad trinkets

Sry if I disagree
    In my eyes the good ones are a strong feature of this patch.
    We all love them and are eager to hunt for them.
    They` ve been annoyance long enough.
    Esp. for the younger players.
    I now give them as a gift to hatchies, cause hoard is of no worth anymore.
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

it was fun using two bad trinkets, one giving you 10 HP, the other giving you a DoT.

hilarious times indeed.

Personally, the bad trinkets and baubles left me with unpleasant feelings each time they led my character to death.

My system for using the bad trinkits was... to hoard them. I never kept any trinket below "shiny".
    Chaos: Gael Tycarren--Dragon
    "I just... want to remember."

As fun as the bad trinkets may have been, that was all they were used for. I always thought the intent of the trinket system was that you'd find one, and then you'd use it to buff yourself pretty much immediately, much like I imagine the intent of scrolls in WoW to be. But that's not what happened, at least not for me nor my friends. The fact that half of them were more likely to give you a debuff and the other half would give you really bad debuffs if you were unlucky added to the fact that they couldn't be hoarded made them pretty much worthless to me. (T1 trinkets being hoardable came way after the fact, and even then it was only for T1.)

Trinkets as they were just became things to delete to free up stack because I didn't want to have to wait out a 10 minute debuff if I got unlucky. Trinkets as they are now can finally be used the way I think they were intended to be used.

.:Malestryx:.

Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

I agree, i really didn't like the negative effects on the trinkets. Nothing like using a trinket that usually gives positive buffs to not realise you got the set hp to 10 debuff and get 1 shot by a golem 40 seasons below you (I was farming Granite Golems for Trophys for a friend, alright? Avalanche of Ore got lucky.)
    Thenalth Venalueth (Order) Adult Lunus
    Kelthorath Insalik (Order) Hatchling
    Riethali Koray (Order) Hatchling

cant we have are cake and it it to? let the blighted ones drop again but dont add and of the bad buffs to the good trinkets?

*wants to add to this thread that he only got negative buffs every time he used the trinkets* Must also add that I havent used them for a long, long, long time and when looted them before the loot revamp they always got deleted. I for one also thought that the trinkets were useless additions to the game.
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

*must read the patch notes more often*

I'm still deleting every trinket that shows up in my inventory for fear of the ten minute sit-in-town-because-I-clicked-the-darn-trinket thing.

They don't have bad effects anymore? Yes!

PS if you play on chaos dont delete the trinkets I buy them o.O

Honestly... I thought they were a waste... I never used even Shiney ones. I just through those things into the Delete Bin when I got them.
    "Nothing Is Never Not... everything is never."-Vacuus, Lord of Nothing

I'm not much into bringing back the bad ones (unless they are like for fluff debuffs or something to be used having fun or something), but honestly like Shinkuu I rarely ever used any of them.

As a dragon, I found that 90% of the time when I did use the "good" ones it was a buff to something that did me absolutely no good as a dragon so..I just stopped using them.
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

I'm using them now they don't kill me! I like it how it is... maybe ask the devs for a rare loot (boss only), potion of feign death or something.
    Last edited by Celestril; February 8th, 2011 at 03:27 AM.

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

i don't know i always like the random chanciness and challenge of using them......
    but i am indifferent to whether they are in game or out, to be honest
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

hehe i liked the bad trinkets XD hehe i'm sure some may rember seeing a dead staron in bris some time back . get a load of them and play around .. bahh dp's ant nothing ^^ . and seeing duble looks from players was fun XD .. if your windering yes .. bordem can be a killer XD ... but on a nother note ... for the new players that dont know what thay can do may make there game fun ... not soo fun .. but if theres a way to put the % of what buff or ... bad buff u may get from it or put more in detale of what it may do might help . soo the player well know what Might happen if they do ues this item .
    yes i miss the fun time just siting in bris .. laying around .... XD
    http://staronlightwing.deviantart.com/
    Hellenia hord 95869756, lv's 100.100.63 Staron hord 151402610 lv's 100.100.83 Josanna hord 2275812 lv's 100.100.87 Figes hord 126074906 lv's 57.34.00

I to never looted trinkets except for ethreal. The bad ones wouldnt be as bad if there was a slim chance of a really great positive buff associated with them. But what is the point of even looting them if they are all bad. With the loot tables overrun with hoard now there is no reason to hoard other useless crap.
    Experienced hunter and Grandmaster craftsman. Blight only

Thread Information