Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Avoid the Slippery Slope

Default Re: Avoid the Slippery Slope

If the designers and developers intended for map pack to be used, they would have included it with the UI.
    The Mappack has been out for -years- and the developers never said anything about it, nor did they do anything to attempt to hinder its use.

The Mappack takes time to update and develop; they already have a full plate as it is. Maybe, just maybe, the Developers not only don't mind its use, but I'd be willing to bet at least one developer even uses it themselves!

And there really is very little difference between using a Mappack and going to that website that has a google maps version of Istaria with the very same markers all put out, except that it is not accessible in-game like the Mappack is.

The Developers know that not everyone can alt-tab out of Istaria; I for one, cannot. I tried it on five different machines and it crashes every stinking time on all five machines I've ever played Istaria on.

Face it: If the developers had anything against us using Mappack, they would have either banned its use, or changed the Map UI to "break" Mappack, or issued a Cease-and-Desist letter to Mappack's creator(s)/author(s)/maintainer(s).

Quote Originally Posted by Dhalin View Post
    The Mappack has been out for -years- and the developers never said anything about it, nor did they do anything to attempt to hinder its use.

The Mappack takes time to update and develop; they already have a full plate as it is. Maybe, just maybe, the Developers not only don't mind its use, but I'd be willing to bet at least one developer even uses it themselves!

And there really is very little difference between using a Mappack and going to that website that has a google maps version of Istaria with the very same markers all put out, except that it is not accessible in-game like the Mappack is.

The Developers know that not everyone can alt-tab out of Istaria; I for one, cannot. I tried it on five different machines and it crashes every stinking time on all five machines I've ever played Istaria on.

Face it: If the developers had anything against us using Mappack, they would have either banned its use, or changed the Map UI to "break" Mappack, or issued a Cease-and-Desist letter to Mappack's creator(s)/author(s)/maintainer(s).
    You are ignoring the point. There is a reason why everything isn't marked on an in-game map. I just don't understand the current crop of gamers.
    How do you enjoy playing everything in easy mode?

You are ignoring the point. There is a reason why everything isn't marked on an in-game map.
    Yeah, it is called developer resources. *shrugs* They don't want to have to maintain the map every time they change something; they got far better things to use their time on it. Like I said, if they had ANYTHING at all against the Mappack and its use, we'd known about it by now.

I just don't understand the current crop of gamers.
    That's okay; I don't understand your type either, so we're even-steven on that. That's all fine and dandy; I would merely appreciate you stopping your blatant attacks on us "newer crop" of gamers. I honestly do not like the tone that some of you use with us, trying to imply that we're "lessers" or "not as good" or "lesser skilled" or "immature" or some-such. Some of us have limited time, some of us don't like to do the same thing 50 million times in a row, etc. We have our preferences, and for the most part, we leave you alone.

Why not leave us alone in return? If you enjoy not using Mappack, don't download it yourself. If you don't like the suggestion of the School-Switching NPC? Don't use that NPC, run the trainers down if you like. Nobody is holding a gun to your head forcing you to do things the "easier" way. You like taking 50 million hours to build a single room? Go ahead and take all of your +crafting gear off. Nobody is going to make fun of you.

You, however, see it fit to keep blasting us if we choose not to enjoy pure repetitious grind. We're not asking to be given Lv100 characters upon creation, we just want to alleviate some of the repetitious grind, or some of the pointless time wasting.

How do you enjoy playing everything in easy mode?
    Repetition does not equal challenge.
    Time Spent does not equal challenge.

Making us walk 100 miles instead of 200 miles in-game isn't any less of a challenge. Nor is making us spend 10 minutes waiting on something instead of 20. The challenge level is the same.

Yeah, it is called developer resources. *shrugs* They don't want to have to maintain the map every time they change something; they got far better things to use their time on it. Like I said, if they had ANYTHING at all against the Mappack and its use, we'd known about it by now.

That's okay; I don't understand your type either, so we're even-steven on that. That's all fine and dandy; I would merely appreciate you stopping your blatant attacks on us "newer crop" of gamers. I honestly do not like the tone that some of you use with us, trying to imply that we're "lessers" or "not as good" or "lesser skilled" or "immature" or some-such. Some of us have limited time, some of us don't like to do the same thing 50 million times in a row, etc. We have our preferences, and for the most part, we leave you alone.

Why not leave us alone in return? If you enjoy not using Mappack, don't download it yourself. If you don't like the suggestion of the School-Switching NPC? Don't use that NPC, run the trainers down if you like. Nobody is holding a gun to your head forcing you to do things the "easier" way. You like taking 50 million hours to build a single room? Go ahead and take all of your +crafting gear off. Nobody is going to make fun of you.

You, however, see it fit to keep blasting us if we choose not to enjoy pure repetitious grind. We're not asking to be given Lv100 characters upon creation, we just want to alleviate some of the repetitious grind, or some of the pointless time wasting.

Repetition does not equal challenge.
    Time Spent does not equal challenge.

Making us walk 100 miles instead of 200 miles in-game isn't any less of a challenge. Nor is making us spend 10 minutes waiting on something instead of 20. The challenge level is the same.
    But Istaria is an old school style MMOG. You want to change it to Rift or WoW. Go play one of the hundreds of easy mode games!

But Istaria is an old school style MMOG. You want to change it to Rift or WoW. Go play one of the hundreds of easy mode games!
    Where did I ever say I wanted to change it into Rift or WoW?

We're asking for the occasional small tweak to reduce some of the pointless time wasteage. We are NOT asking for a reduction of Challenge.

I don't understand why that is so hard to understand.

Oh, and if there was a newer WoW-type game that had playable dragons, that had things to do other than grind grind grind grind grind grind, I'd be all over that stuff.

Where did I ever say I wanted to change it into Rift or WoW?

We're asking for the occasional small tweak to reduce some of the pointless time wasteage. We are NOT asking for a reduction of Challenge.

I don't understand why that is so hard to understand.
    Your so called pointless time wasteage is my challenge.
    Your tweaking is killing the genre.

Quote Originally Posted by Jorev1 View Post
    Your so called pointless time wasteage is my challenge.
    Your tweaking is killing the genre.
    That's just it...

If you need to walk 100 extra miles to feel like you've been "challenged" then something is clearly very wrong.

Challenge is when you fight a difficult mob that requires skill, tactics, and teamwork to overcome.

Challenge is when you sneak through an area, carefully observing patrol paths of dangerous mobs to sneak by unnoticed.

Challenge is when you fight against another player of similar skill/character power.

Those things are Challenge. They test your skill as a player.

Making you spend an extra 10 minutes walking an extra 100 miles doesn't test your skill. It merely makes you sit there longer watching your character auto-run for longer. If you truly loved watching your character auto-run, run a few laps around NT if you like.

Why don't you just buy a pre-leveled character so you can just hang out in Bristugo all day and chat. Oh maybe you have.
    actually it sounds like that is what you have done, otherwise you would know that some of what you say makes no sense.

I've seen this argument also.
    *rolls eyes*

If the designers and developers intended for map pack to be used, they would have included it with the UI.
    Jorev1, it's been well established that the developers who made the origional map that is still in use (Artifact) where blooming idiots who almost killed the game they created with their stupid blunders.

This thread has seriously run its course. If you wish to discuss the game, please do so in another thread and refrain from bashing other players or people. Thank you.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Thread Information