Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Spawn Issues

Default Spawn Issues

Please use this thread to post any spawning issues you encounter (low spawn, too many, etc). Responses will be posted in red.

Default Re: Spawn Issues

Cobalt Golems the spawn seems excessive(kirasanct area)
    Platinum golems the spawn rate is excessively low i see 2 to 4 platinum boulder golems for every 1 platinum golem and the area is pretty empty

Got it. Have completely redrawn the Cobalt and Platinum Golem spawn regions. Also split the Platinum and Platinum Boulder spawns apart.
    Last edited by AmonGwareth; February 6th, 2011 at 11:49 AM.
    Given enough time and the proper temperament anything doable in game is possible
    Confectioner first last and always

Default Greater Nix

The Greater Nix Beetles (Currently Called Frostbite) are waaay too few in Spawn. There is about 2 of them that move all around the MASSIVE stretch they can appear on which seems to be all over the south shore of Trandalar and over in Mahagra's icey regions. This is too few for such a huge area.

Got it. Split their spawns apart so they are no longer linked and will spawn more frequently.
    Last edited by AmonGwareth; February 6th, 2011 at 12:04 PM.
    "Nothing Is Never Not... everything is never."-Vacuus, Lord of Nothing

Default Mountain Wolf Alpha

The Mountain Wolf Alpha Ear is a major Comp for Nature Magic because you need it for Nature Damage III. However, only ONE Alpha spawns among the whole group and rarely. I need around 9 tails and it would take me days of waiting to get them. So I think I can honestly say there needs to be quite a few more of them like there are with the Desert Wolf Alphas.

Got it. They'll spawn more frequently and I added another spawn of them.
    Last edited by AmonGwareth; February 6th, 2011 at 11:57 AM.

Travertine golems split from travertine boulder golems is nice, but the travertine golems appear to respawn so fast that as a solo crafter dragon (who just Gold Rages everything down in the interest of time) by the time I killed 2-4 and quarried two, things would respawn on top of me. Probably a boon for adventurers out to murderate them in mass quantity, makes quarrying anything but the golems themselves pretty pointless though.

This is a known issue that was already reported and will be fixed in the next patch.
    Last edited by AmonGwareth; February 6th, 2011 at 08:06 PM.

Fire ogres and fire pygmys spawn seem a bit high and/or respawn is to high. battleing 3 to 4 and before i can get 1 down 2 + more add
    (dralk area)

Cleaned up these and the Flame Ogres/Pygmies.
    Last edited by AmonGwareth; February 7th, 2011 at 01:45 PM.
    Given enough time and the proper temperament anything doable in game is possible

Default Desert Wolves

I think the Desert Wolves around New Rachevelle might need toning down a bit in number and especially respawn rate. After all, it is a desert how does it support all these wolves? There are a LOT of them and too many for an actual Tier III player to deal with.

That was around 30 wolves for the first group and then an endless stream there after. Many bodies are stacked on each other and some have already vanished.
    Removed the picture because it was making the whole thread huge

There are too many wolves in too small of space, though, you're correct. Will try to have that updated for the next patch.
    Last edited by Velea; February 11th, 2011 at 11:16 AM.

Spawn in the area around 28400, 23300 is way too high. You almost get instantly stunned and all the mobs jump at you at once.

Think this should be 1/4th of what its now, if not less.

Also a T6 Chest (its a T6 area) at the camp there might be nice.

Got it.

-----

Edit 1: 28790,22593 (Spawn of Didga / Boluk)

The mobs that spawn here are kinda insane - should really be checked out.

Got it.
    Last edited by AmonGwareth; February 11th, 2011 at 12:56 PM.
    Dakoren Ironhand - Multiclassed Half-Giant
    Krondel Bloodclaw - Ancient Dragon

pls take a look at the palesnout younglings in Mahagra and Trandalar.

Spawnrate is too low. Took me 2 days to get this 15 younglings I needed for quest.

They actually have the same chance as Sows or regular Palesnouts to spawn. There are three locations where Palesnouts can spawn... Ice Fortress, Snowfall, and Winter Valley.
    Last edited by AmonGwareth; February 13th, 2011 at 10:51 PM.
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Forest crawler workers have disappeared from the spawn just north of Sslanis. Still get hatchlings, breeders and soldiers but the stretch of road where the workers used to be is empty. (Workers are required for one of the Sslanis militia quests)

Did you mean Jungle Crawlers? Cause Forest Crawlers have never spawned near Sslanis. First Hunt quests are fixed on Blight with regards to Jungle Crawler Workers.
    Last edited by AmonGwareth; February 13th, 2011 at 09:13 PM.
    Being self-sufficient isn't being able to do everything; rather, self-sufficiency is the art of surviving on that which you are able to do for yourself.

I have found three Frostbites in the Mahagra Tundra. (Might be two with one that insta-spawns after the other is dead?) Two did not count for the Attunement to Kir'Tis quest but the third one did. Confusing.

Fixed on Blight.
    Last edited by AmonGwareth; February 13th, 2011 at 09:10 PM.

Sorry - yes I meant jungle crawlers.

A similar situation exists on New Trismus. It appears that the Wild Grouks have been removed from the island but the gruelets don't drop the Wild Gruok Bristles required for the mage quest.
    (there are wild gruok at Kion, but the quest text specifically says the roads around New Trismus)

This has already been fixed on Blight.
    Last edited by AmonGwareth; February 13th, 2011 at 10:48 PM.
    Being self-sufficient isn't being able to do everything; rather, self-sufficiency is the art of surviving on that which you are able to do for yourself.

Rating 65 mobs in western dead lands i ive seen 1 to 2 of that kind. searched for hours . All together the spawn seems to be very low and surrouinded by mobs far too high for the quest level given

There are lots of spawns, but they are mixed in with the others. So killing the lower level ones will have a chance to spawn the level 65 grunts. This area is on the list to be revamped.
    Last edited by AmonGwareth; March 7th, 2011 at 11:33 PM.

Massive Maple Treants spawn rate is definately low took about 5 hours to find enough to do the kill x number of massive maple treants i needed for a dragon quest.

They are mixed evenly in with the regular, saplings and enraged. So you'll need to kill all of them in order to get sufficient Massives to spawn.
    Last edited by AmonGwareth; February 22nd, 2011 at 01:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vandellia View Post
    Massive Maple Treants spawn rate is definately low took about 5 hours to find enough to do the kill x number of massive maple treants i needed for a dragon quest.

They are mixed evenly in with the regular, saplings and enraged. So you'll need to kill all of them in order to get sufficient Massives to spawn.
    I'd like to bring this mob up again. I spent a lot of time in the area south of CP/Yewn as well as north/west of the outpost and the only thing I have seen spawn is yews and enraged yews. This is after killing plenty of them that if thier spawns were linked, there should have been at least 1 pop.

Looking in among the Yew trees is not going to work for you. Look among the Maple Trees. Maple Treants are setup currently to spawn all types, none weighted more than the other. You can also check on the Abandoned Shore.
    Last edited by AmonGwareth; March 7th, 2011 at 11:32 PM.
    Shinobai - 100rng/100hlr/100war/80monk/65dru/80mage/65sprt
    Crimson Dawn - Chaos Shard

Shins Draconic - 100adv/85drc/what's lairshaping?

Before the last patch I had located "Cinderfist" as I knew he was a quest I would need to do later.
    Now that I have the quest to kill him I have been unable to locate him.
    Is he still spawning?

Cinderfist still spawns. He has quite a large area in which he can spawn and a 10-20 minute respawn.
    Last edited by AmonGwareth; March 11th, 2011 at 09:57 AM.

On Chaos Spirit Isle, the tiny beetles are extremely slow to respawn for any of the Adventure quests. If someone else has recently done that quest, you need to keep checking back the spawn - I checked after 15 minutes and no beetles :/

Cannot reproduce this.
    Last edited by AmonGwareth; July 19th, 2011 at 10:31 AM.

The same issue that was happening with the elite blights in ED regarding insta disappear/respawn is happening with the death dealers and enraged aegrors in ED. Immediately after you kill they're gone and repop it what looks to be the same spot each time.
    Shinobai - 100rng/100hlr/100war/80monk/65dru/80mage/65sprt
    Crimson Dawn - Chaos Shard

Shins Draconic - 100adv/85drc/what's lairshaping?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Shinobai View Post
    I'd like to bring this mob up again. I spent a lot of time in the area south of CP/Yewn as well as north/west of the outpost and the only thing I have seen spawn is yews and enraged yews. This is after killing plenty of them that if thier spawns were linked, there should have been at least 1 pop.

Looking in among the Yew trees is not going to work for you. Look among the Maple Trees. Maple Treants are setup currently to spawn all types, none weighted more than the other. You can also check on the Abandoned Shore.
    I would like to raise this also, I previously noticed a problem with trying to find the Massive Maples, but I was very glad when the quest was changed not to need 15 of them. It initially took half an hour of searching and waiting after killing the first, before I had to give up and cancel the quest.

Now, currently, I have spent about 2.5 hours doing the Dragons Reach VI quest and found only 14 of 20 Maple Treant Saplings needed, and even if I kill everything I see, only about two Maple Treant Saplings spawn over the entire span of the field (~1km+), it takes a lot of flying and about 10-20 minutes to find each one at times, if it did not spawn somewhere remote

Is there any chance this could be reviewed or tweaked? No other spawn I have come across yet has been so difficult to find, or had to start killing everything else I see for the next two hours, just to get a clawful of lucrative saplings, other spawns I see usually aren't linked in some kind of linked distribution like this

It is very misleading for the Dragons Reach VI quest too, to the point where the quest should be rewritten, it asks you to only take out the saplings, but based on the above info, this is not possible, you must kill everything you see, you can't pick out the saplings as the quest says that you should ;p

Linked spawns like this seem a little strange, it feels more like a game quirk than anything natural to have to kill monsters other than what you need, just for one to have the chance and ability to spawn on field based on some distribution metrics or tables

Thanks ;p

In the area near Feladan there is an even chance of Saplings spawning as every other type of maple treant due to how the mobs in that area are grouped. However, there are 12 different regions in that area that spawn treants, and if you don't move around, then yes, you'll find it hard to find exactly the ones you want.

If you outsmart Bentaras, though, and head to either Stormy March or Abandoned Shore, you will find a steady spawn of saplings that, while each of the three regions has a single Massive Maple treant that could potentially spawn in them, have a majority of saplings. Bentaras just doesn't tell the dragon he's training about these other areas because he's a crotchety ole dragon.
    Last edited by Velea; May 29th, 2011 at 09:52 AM.

Some stats after finally getting the 20 saplings needed:

I had to kill 78 enraged, massive and normal maple treants, between L74 and L78; with a total of 380,000 exp gained, taking around 2-3 hours spread over two days

If this is an ordeal that a L60 dragon is expected to manage, for agressive creatures that happily gang up, which effectively have 2150HP+ after their 400-500hp instant heal, with a 25 second root, then it is one of the most difficult quests I know of for a dragon of that level ;p

[05/29/11 07:42:00] After felling small treants, Bentaras's pun isn't any funnier, but at least you've completed your task.

At the very least, perhaps Bentaras should express shock at how he no longer recognises the twisted and bitter, wizened dragon that now stands before him *laughs*

Maple Treants have been adjusted for the next patch.
    Last edited by AmonGwareth; July 19th, 2011 at 10:30 AM.

Thread Information