Thread: Property Access: Friends Only

Default Property Access: Friends Only

Properties can currently be set to one of four overarching permissions: Deny All, Allow All, Guild Only, or Friends Only. However, individual structures only have three settings: Deny All, Allow All, or Guild Only. Is there any technical reason individual structures can't have a Friends Only setting?

I know personally it'd solve all my lair use dilemmas, as I'd be able to Allow All for the plot-- opening up pawnbrokers and silos-- and then whitelist a couple friends to get at my precious storage, like lair rooms. Under the current system there's not really any way to both allow a small number of people (such as my alts) access to long-term storage for things like tech comps, AND leave my shiny shiny pawnbroker open to the public (which is why I built it). Which makes me sad.

Anywho, having griped about this to my friends a couple of times, I finally wondered "well why DON'T we have the option?" and now I'm curious. Friends list hogging the database resources? "It never occurred to us"? I must know!

Default Re: Property Access: Friends Only

The way I manage that is setting the *lair* to "friends only" ... then setting the individual pawnbrokers/silos/etc as "allow all".
    - Kesqui - Formerly of Ice, now of Chaos, lair in Liak
    First Rebirth 12-12-2003 / Ascended to Ancient 12-12-2010

Quote Originally Posted by Kesqui View Post
    The way I manage that is setting the *lair* to "friends only" ... then setting the individual pawnbrokers/silos/etc as "allow all".
    As I understand it, the most restrictive permission is what gets used. So plot-friend, pb/silo/etc-all would result in everything using "Friend Only." Have you tested to see if people outside the whitelist have access? (Note: I haven't tested it, I didn't feel like questioning the elder who explained the system to me.)

The plot permission setting is king here. Even if a silo is "allow all," if the plot is not "allow all," that silo will not be accessible to some random person who comes up to it.

As for having the option to set structures with "friends only," I don't know why we don't have it either, but I certainly remember a time early in my plot-owning history where I wished that was a feature.

.:Malestryx:.

Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

Hmmm.... my lair was "guild only" with public silos, and folks in another guild were quite happily using those silos....
    - Kesqui - Formerly of Ice, now of Chaos, lair in Liak
    First Rebirth 12-12-2003 / Ascended to Ancient 12-12-2010

Yes please. This is very needed

It is highly irritating that in order for your alts to get access, the ONLY way for them to get access is put the entire plot on friend. Whereby no one else can get in. I do have a few public silos for use and locking them is not my intent at all in a lair that is needed for resources close by. The only other option is to have the whole plot on public and individual levels set. As there is no friend option on the individual setting, they must be "Public" "Public".
    Last edited by Shian; February 5th, 2011 at 08:33 PM.

That would be nice seeing my lair`s the main public crafting lair in Bristugo, all my silos are set to allow all, however, none of my alts can access my lair rooms, and halls except the only one I left public D: if there were an option to individualy sets my other lair rooms/halls to friends only, without resetting my entire lair it would be much helpfull ^^

I agree with the NEED for this alteration.
    "Nothing Is Never Not... everything is never."-Vacuus, Lord of Nothing

Thread Information