Thread: Title Slot

Default Title Slot

Titles as currently designed require you to insert the title token into your token slot, Perhaps a different approach would be you click on the title slot and a menu driven selection appears that allows you to select a specific title. In order for the title to be available(and show up on list) you would get the title and in effect right click and use it then it updates your available title list.
    Given enough time and the proper temperament anything doable in game is possible
    Confectioner first last and always

Default Re: Title Slot

I like this idea very much. Would get rid off all those emblems in your inventory / vault as they are attuned and cant be stored in structures.
    Dakoren Ironhand - Multiclassed Half-Giant
    Krondel Bloodclaw - Ancient Dragon

This does sound good to me as well.
    "Nothing Is Never Not... everything is never."-Vacuus, Lord of Nothing

This would be awesome, especially since emblems are oft-mentioned items that exacerbate the problems players have hitting stack caps. Even if the technology to do this does not yet exist, hopefully it can at least get put on the list of things to consider adding at some later point. It would be great if there were a way that could be worked out to make the titles on emblems not items at all.

.:Malestryx:.

Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

Added my voice! Something - ANYTHING - that would allow for the emblems to stop taking up space/caps and such. I mean I personally have like one title but I know its a pain for others.

I can't remember if a drop down menu is something that is possible or not - but surely some type of in-game menu (even if its a form of the spell book listing or something) is doable that then changes the display name above your head?

I know its been on people's wants lists for awhile so yes! Please!
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

I'd like this too - especially if the "title" doesn't actually confer any additional *abilities* or stat boosts. I know that *some* emblems are meant to come with boosts, but the vast majority don't seem to.
    - Kesqui - Formerly of Ice, now of Chaos, lair in Liak
    First Rebirth 12-12-2003 / Ascended to Ancient 12-12-2010

As someone lugging arround 20 plus titles I fully support this.

Yes, I like the idea of emblems moving out of inventory and into some other way to be selected. Been suggested multiple times:

http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=14074

http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...ghlight=emblem

if the title does come with bonuses then make that bonus a passive ability granted to the player at the time of receipt of title, similar to the old wish giver abilities (please return the wish giver)

Quote Originally Posted by Vandellia View Post
    Titles as currently designed require you to insert the title token into your token slot, Perhaps a different approach would be you click on the title slot and a menu driven selection appears that allows you to select a specific title. In order for the title to be available(and show up on list) you would get the title and in effect right click and use it then it updates your available title list.
    Didn't I suggest this years ago? I think I did.

I'm tired of having emblems take up vault space because I have no room for their stacks yet can't delete them without never being able to use them ever again. I'm sure there's a lot more data that has to go into an item-based emblem than a list-based title selection.
    Ryushu Suisen, Tathar Nuar, and PhoenixStar, Guildmaster of the Construction Crew
    Check out our wares!

Thread Information