Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Newbie questions

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

Default Re: Newbie questions

Also, instead of a maul, you might want to try a mace. It does crush damage as well and is one handed, allowing you to keep your shield.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

warhammers ftw

speaking of, are there any plans afoot to make a master or fine warhammer? opener is capped at level 85 damage as a mith weapon, it would be awesome to hit the low 90s even......
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Well, currently my mauil does 25-29 damage + gives addition 15 str (thanks to the crystal).
    All other available mauls and maces gives less damage to the enemy. Should I wait for a more advanced technique?

Quote Originally Posted by anonimas View Post
    I did not change crafting schhol. I written before, I have one active (blacksmith) and two passive (?) - gatherer and something else, can't remember.
    If this is a bug - Istaria's quests are rather buggy. Lone wolf did not give Lone wolf skin; Assistant of Wit won't trade items for token; Jungle crawler workers won't appear near Sslanis. ?

I just rechecked this, because I was sure that the workers are in the Sslanis jungle. They are. But very rare. Just follow the road to Sslanis Basin.
    Susan - Lvl 85 Tink and many, many other crafting classes
    Andarielle - Lvl 100 Adv / Lvl 100 Cra Dragoness

Former ICE

Your other option would be to add a damage crystal instead.

The mummy is almost undefeatable. Some friendly Dragons cast 3 spells on me, increasinng my Focus, Dexterity, Health and Armor.I (lvl.23) managed to leave the ugly mummy (lvl.19!) with some 800 HP - but I was left with only 300 (naturally I have some 561). Had to retreat and it seems mummy is beatble only at combat level 40. Even adding every available new point to Evasion did not help.
    However, I have some other questions:
    1. I need to increase Weaponsmith (currently 210, must have at least 250). If I enter the guild of Weaponsmiths (or alike) - what would happen with my Blacksmith? Will it remain as a primary school, or will it be replaced? And what is the most efficient way to increase it, without grinding Blacksmith?
    2. Where is it possible to obtain backpacks? Or is it easier to craft them (using which skill?)?

1) When you switch schools, the new school replaces your old as your active school. You will no longer gain experience in your inactive school, but you switch back to it at any time by visiting the corresponding trainer. You don't "lose" the school. You can take every school in the game, if you want to.

I'm not sure what you mean by the second part of your question. What you in your Blacksmith school has no bearing beyond passing skill points (and only if they're higher than what you get from other schools) on what you do in the Weaponsmith school.

If you mean the skill of weaponsmithing, Weaponsmith with get that skill up faster than Blacksmith because a Weaponsmith specializes in it, while a Blacksmith is a general school.

2) Backpacks are all player-made. The most basic school that can make them is outfitter. They require skills in leatherworking to make.

.:Malestryx:.

Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

Once again me...and once again with questions
    1. Metalworking/weaponsmith advancement. Went to Dalimond, became weaponsmith. Travelled to N.tristam, worked with bronze (harvest-make bars-make weapons-recycle weapons) My previous metalworking level was some 218. After 1st rise in level, I got some +10 to my weaponsmithing. It's ok...but funny thing was, that after 2nd rise, I got no +10, so am stuck at 228. What went wrong?

2. Backpack. Wanted to create it myself, but folks told it was not for sale by various trainers, drop item only, also that I may want to own pygmies/ogres to get this technique. However, I have killed lots of sand pygmies before - and none dropped technique. So, where is that technique supposed to be?

Sorry for what may look like a double-posting, but since there was no answer and I still have some questions...
    I need an advice in several fields:
    1. Growing my Weaponsmith. Currently I am lvl.33 and don't know if I act wise. I gather iron ore at Aughundell mines, recycle to bars and repeat it untill I have my cargo disk and backpack full. Then, I return to the town (cargo disk prevents recalling), make weapons -ones I have maximum level to make - recycle them, once again make weapons...untill I have virtually no bars left. The problem is with the ore: I may harvest bronze or iron. As with bronze, I have the best ratio (1 bar from 2 ore), and with iron I have bad ratio (1 bar from 4 ore). By numbers, I grow faster with iron, but it takes more time and there is no anvil near the ore. By speed, I think I may grow faster with bronze since there is anvil.
    The question is: how to grow wisely and faster? I do need level 40 to use dual crystall socketing.

2. Higher tier crystals. I can find tier I crystals when owning lesser magots, that's no problem - but where can I find higher tier crystals?

The last problem is marketplace. Wanted to ask for some armor...almost nobody listened. Only one Dragon responded, but he could not make biped armor. Where should I look for an armor?
    I do need it, because my character cannot grow without it, I am owned (in my bronze armor) by even lvl.18 magot.I was told I would be able (at lvl.25 warrior) to wear iron armor (not platemail, but something lower).

Well, it would be nice if someone advices me

About the backpack technique, I don't know which mobs can drop it, specifically.

About the higher tier crystals, maybe should you look for higher levelled mobs, like on Lesser Aradoth if you are taking about New Trismus' mobs.
    About the weaponsmith increasing stats, I'm afraid I don't know the answer...
    about craft to get most XP at the shortest time possible, you'd look if it is more efficient/fst to construct and deconstruct items with resources who require several components, or to do undeconstructable items/ressources, with single components, then sell it, and come back,...

I crafted spells for 1st tier (requiring only sandstone), then I switched to scales (for third tier, as seplls, then, require essence orbs as well), equipment requiring a single component type, then to simple bricks for 4th tier, and then to gems for 4th and 5th tiers. But it was dragon crafting, so not sure about the best way for biped crafting.

hi can you help me?

Is our forum name the same password and username we use for the actual game because it won't let me log in :/

Thanks

Welcome there, Swift, and no, it is a name and a password you take on play.istaria.com site.

Looks like life (thanks to Sir Knossos) is starting to become pretty good: thanks to new armor, I am owning almost every monster.
    Question 1once again) about Tier2 crystals. I went to own Bronze boulder golems, killed tens of them - but no crystal at all. Techniques, broken weapons - everything but crystals. Asked for some advice in the game - and was told I need to go to some Craken*** tomb near Dalimond. And there was the funniest thing: some lvl.28 undead-mage, healing itself, his company healing him...and all my hits were in vain: monster simply was gealed and I was owned. So, the question: where else can I find Tier2 crystals? I thought I could find some lvl.20-25 monsters that may be easily owned and looted.
    Question 2: is there any site with iron ore and anvil/smelter combination nearby? AUgundel is good, but I have to walk (with cargo disk) to the town.

I don't remember well for your question 1... about your question 2, I think the Aughundell's mines are the best place... it was there where I digged iron, and I don't know better places, personally...

You won't find T2 crystals on any T1 mob. Nor will the be at the "low end" of tier 2.

Crystals drop from Withered Aegis type mobs, maggots, blights, etc. Around the Observatory with the Automatons is probably the steadiest source.

Question 2: is there any site with iron ore and anvil/smelter combination nearby? AUgundel is good, but I have to walk (with cargo disk) to the town.

NE from Chiconis is a smelter/anvil (25036/22230) with a iron field just above it (24836/22176) once your disk is full you can just drop down the hill to the smelter.Take the road South from Chiconis and follow it round and back up.You have to run past some Iron Golems to get there, once there it is safe or you can get there from Selen I think across the bridge.
    Gimbold, Ancient dwarf on Chaos
    Mottle, Ancient dragon on Chaos

Thanks everyone for the answers. Tried Observatory, but I am still too young as lvl.38 undead owns me too quickly.
    As for Chickonis...once I tried to travel from Dalimond to Chickonis minea and found it to be very difficult. Will try some day. If only I had some patience...
    Yet more noobish questions.
    1) I bought one crystal at NT. it is "Pallid" class crystals and gives some +12 to one hand slash. Unfortunately, I don't know where to find even these pallids (our wiki tells nothing about that). Owning bronze/bronze boulder golems, Saris mummies won't help: they drop techniques, not crystals. Lvl.28 undead are too strong for me (alone they won't be so hard, but they are just too social). Lvl.27 ruxus - don't know, they seem to be too social too. Now I have to stick to the lowest class crystals, looted from lvl.3-18 maggots. The question is: which monster/s are to be killed to get pallid-class crystals?
    2). Crafting. Soon I hope to advance to lvl.40 weaponsmith and should be able to use double socketing. Situation is, I have some technique (Mining II?) that allows item to have +8 to its status. Would I be able (at lvl.40, of course) to make item double-socketed and add that +8 to, say mining?

1) You want animals in the level 30 range. Not undead, not golems. I'd recommend Dalimond's wolf population and possibly the Dead Pool's maggots. You might also try the ruxus and leafy oastics on Abandoned Island and/or the ruxus and beetles on Scorpion Island north of Kenaf Port.

2) At tier 3 (steel), you get two tech slots. You can also use tier 3 techs, so mining 3 gives you a +12. You'd then have room for either another tech (I recommend quarrying on a mining pick as well) or a single socket.
    Last edited by C`gan; March 13th, 2011 at 12:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by C`gan View Post
    At tier 3 (steel), you get two tech slots. You can also use tier 3 techs, so mining 3 gives you a +12. You'd then have room for either another tech (I recommend quarrying on a mining pick as well) or a single socket.
    One advantage to using techs instead of crystals in sockets for the bonuses - if you switch to another crafting class where your current level is too low for the crystal, you'll still be able to use a tech'd tool based on the skill you already acquired in the first class.

Quote Originally Posted by C`gan View Post
    1) You want animals in the level 30 range. Not undead, not golems. I'd recommend Dalimond's wolf population and possibly the Dead Pool's maggots. You might also try the ruxus and leafy oastics on Abandoned Island and/or the ruxus and beetles on Scorpion Island north of Kenaf Port.
    Crystals are, as far as I'm aware, only dropped by "aegis" type animals/creatures - like the maggots - and not by "natural" animals like wolves, ruxus or beetles.
    - Kesqui - Formerly of Ice, now of Chaos, lair in Liak
    First Rebirth 12-12-2003 / Ascended to Ancient 12-12-2010

Thread Information