Thread: Content update to live server details

Default Content update to live server details

For many a moon, for weeks after each live content update, I receive in game queries that could have been answered had the live content updates been seen by the originator of the query and thus a query would not have been necessary. I have told many when giving them the answer that the info was given in the (month, year) live content update as posted on the community page.

The questions continue to flow and frankly tend to interrupt gameplay to a degree approaching irritation.

For whatever reason, many players do not refer to the community site - much less to the community forums.

My suggestion is that the details of each live content patch be sent by email to all subscribers of record. Doing this should give some relief to disruptive in game tel and public chat channel traffic.

Thank you,

Knossos

Default Re: Content update to live server details

I agree to Knossos with all my heart.

Its ok for me to explain patch notes (via pm/phone/skype) to those who cant "read that much English".

All others pls read your mails!
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Why not use the launcher? It has a nice and special section for this.

Im not looking for more spam in my mailbox.
    Dakoren Ironhand - Multiclassed Half-Giant
    Krondel Bloodclaw - Ancient Dragon

Content updates are posted on the launcher as news items.

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink....

Yea this is a problemin all games..

EVERY game i've EVER played and logged into after a patch - you have people asking questions that were directly addressed in the always-visible-while-you-are-patching patch notes, and then up in 2412 other places.

Nature of the beast. Even emailed, if they aren't going to read them they aren't going to read them..lol.

No game seems to escape this. Sometimes I'll answer them (especially if its a more complicated explanation because I've followed things on the forums or something), and sometimes I just have to respond "Read the patch notes" 523 times..lol.
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

Thread Information