Thread: Remember When?

Default Remember When?

Some of us have been here since well nearly forever. For some fun why not post some of your favorite memorys or special events that brought joy to your heart here in this game.

I remember all to well the massive amounts of deathtpoints i collected trying to gather the mats for the tradecenter in Morninglight so that we could open the town to settlement.

I also remember the massive effort it took to open the satyr islands and to free they dryads. I cant remember how many dp's i got helping take down the machines on the satyr islands but it was an event i hold dearly in my heart oh man was the lag horrible :P

anyone got screenies of how feladan looked before we took it back?
    Given enough time and the proper temperament anything doable in game is possible
    Confectioner first last and always

Default Re: Remember When?

Wowsers, pictures of old Feladan? I don't know... but I remember running through there multiple times for that Immunity quest for Zymosis Morbidae.

Running around in Beta and falling through a hole in the ground was interesting at times.

Later As a dragon being able to make armor and weapons for bipeds.
    (Come to think of it my current Dragon still has Forms scribed for doing just this very thing even though we can no longer do this,)

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

ah, been here a while and have lots of stuff to remember! here are some of the most memorable:

illy's departure: http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=14683

the time of troubles: http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=15771 (ah peaches, you are still my hero for what you had to go thru!)

http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=15799

http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...0&postcount=62

and especially: http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=15832 post #11

plus the whole 'queen's proclaimations' thread in the blight community forum.....

i prefer not to dwell in the past - after all our losses on blight, it is much too painful.....
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

I too get a bit sad and then bitter when I reflect too much upon our past. But in the spirit of remembering good things...

I clearly remember staying up till 7 am on a Sat. morning to watch Kumu be the first hatchling to ascend on Dawn. That was probably an 10-11 hour session from the night before and we all stuck it out until the end. I remember I was soo tired and the experience was so exciting (and seeing a hatchling become a dragon for the first time) I had tears in my eyes.

I remember the first public Dragon Bonding Ceremony performed by our guild (first!) - it was a group ceremony. Heck I prolly still have those screenies somewhere.

And I remember the great numbers that gathered to fight the machines before the merger. I remember the lag, but also the fun of seeing dozens of players and dozens of dragons bringing down the machines and the screenies I still have of the lineup afterwards.

...And then I start to remember Chiconis being packed with hatchlings harvesting Tier I and all the names in those screenies and then I get sad and bitter and pissed off so..I'm stopping now =D
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

I remember when i had to travel the world and find the NPC to give me my training points . i remember i always went to the one in harro...but i forget what that npc gave out?

I always used the one in tazoon

Oh THAT isn't a creepy question at all. Begone HTML formbox!

I remember years ago, when I first made a trial account for Istaria and there where MANY more players.

I remember...I think it was either NT or New Brommel that I was at, and somewhere to the south there was a sort of strange...area full of undead gnomes or something of the sort.

I remember discovering that area and my jumpy little mind thinking "I HAS FUND TEH SECREET AREAH!" and running about, proclaming to everyone that I found a secret , and unknowingly sent people to their dooms...

I also remember going to Kion for the first time, aggroing three beetles at once without seeing them, and running into the castle shouting "OMG INVASION".

And finally. I remember the greatest memory of all...

The memory of a foe that still bests me to this day.

That my existance...still bases itself upon defeating this mighty foe and reaping my revenge after all these years...

The menace known only as...

That random Golem that killed me.
    We're all stuck in a mess of relationships,
    that go on with or without you.

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

I remember Tagath's first day getting to Dalimond and having to ask for help to find the bronze and sandstone field there. Wenlilly Wellspring, if you're still out there somewhere, you should come back and see that crazy little hatchling now!

I remember when blighted sandstone was encroaching on Mahagra.

Harro was, well, a deathtrap by the parade of Aegis forces inhabiting it.

Does anyone else remember the werewolf raids on Dalimond, usually accompanied by mpf (minutes per frame) rate?

Tagath had a claw in restoring Feladan by carrying a load of cedar timbers from the Sslanis forest across to Harton Valley and then to the machine. It was a force of roughly 6-8 adventurers per crafter to get the resources through.

Steel golems (not nickel, not iron, STEEL) north of Chiconis.

Bristugo was a hike from Dalimond and only one portal was there.

And, the reason for Obsidian Order being what it was: obsidian was the HIGHEST tier stone in Istaria.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

I never had the framerate problem in the game that so many others have reported. What I did have was every time I exited the game I would have to ctrl-alt-delete and kill the horizons process that was still running and taking up ever more system resources, also had to log and do that about once a hour or it did get laggy.

Heh I still have screenies(on my old computer though) of those odd times when the ame seemed to forget what each critter looked like and just spattered random colors everywhere. Logged in one day and my dragon had eggshell white legs, brown wings, a bright red head and a green tail.

I also fondly remember crowding back into the newbie islands and having a train of dragons going back and fourth between the ore and the smithy where a dwarf was chained to the forge passing out forged items for our hordes. I dunno if thats as common now but its still funny to think of that train of hatchings with big floating dinnerplates full of ore.

"Dragon's with hoards need hordes of dwarves" indeed. ^.^

I remember bragging about how dragons were too tough to be made undeadafied...and the next day they came out with undead dragons XD
    whats worse is I tried to do it in the dragon language Kier chet used. >.>
    First thing I do when servers go live is fly out to try and find one to kill... out of principle. There's just the itsy bitsy teensy matter of them being nearly 20 levels above me.. I think they had fragments of ribcage land all the way over in Tazoon.

I remember the Artifact entertainment days and the tulga days before merger. Nough said
    ^.^ *Speed Demon of order..*

Like when it was called Horizons and sounded like a rehab program

Quote Originally Posted by Aiwaremaer View Post
    Like when it was called Horizons and sounded like a rehab program
    It was rehab from Evercrack

MY most fond memory will always be the day i threw my 1900 craft levels party on my plot and all the devs smeglor amon and even David Bowman showed up to congratulate me and of course spawn a massive amount of mobs to play with us. at least a good third of the server(then still pretty large) showed up to partake of all the freebies id spent a week making
    Given enough time and the proper temperament anything doable in game is possible
    Confectioner first last and always

My fondest? memory would be of one of the GM-run events back in the early days after launch...a couple of months out of beta, I think. A horde of WA descended on Aughendell, and an entire host of Gifted came to stop them.

The lag on my box was so bad that I was killed, then recalled to Augh, since I was bound there, and before the screen had a chance to load, I'd be killed again. I think I went through that about 15 times before I just called it a night. Aaaah the memories!

Thread Information