Thread: Bipeds, Multiclassing, Stats, Skills

Default Bipeds, Multiclassing, Stats, Skills

Ok... ok. I know when I'm in over my head. I don't know if I should be bug reporting this stuff, so for the moment this is a plea for answers.

1. Tailor School.
    My Dryad is a level 20 Tailor. According to the Wiki and loosely based on my own absent eyeballing, this means that per level she should gain:
    • 10 Clothworking
    • 8 Foraging
    • 10 Leatherworking
    • 10 Tailoring
    • 7 Armor Use
    • 9 Spinning
    • 9 Tanning
    • 10 Ingenuity

What her base skills actually look like:
    • 180 Clothworking (expected: 200)
    • 150 Foraging (expected: 160)
    • 180 Leatherworking (expected: 200)
    • 180 Tailoring (expected: 200)
    • 140 Armor Use (expected: 140)
    • 170 Spinning (Expected: 180)
    • 170 Tanning (Expected: 180)
    • 200 Ingeniuty (expected: 200)

What the heck is going on here?! I do not appreciate being short 10-20 base skill points. Do all prestige classes starting at level 10 have this problem? Is it supposed to be this way? (I do remember being very confused that the skills Outfitter has that Tailor has better of didn't surpass level 10 Outfitter until level 12 Tailor....) Most infuriating part: Outfitter and Jeweler base skills are all exactly what they're supposed to be. Argh.

2. Character Stats
    Trickier thanks to a couple TP purchases, so I'll start with the easy one. I'm definitely inheriting DEX from Tailor, and I have no TP in it.
    Base 55 DEX for being a dryad.
    9 DEX per level of Tailor.
    No TP, no ability modifiers.
    55 + 9*20 = 55 + 180 = expected 235 DEX at level 20 tailor. In reality, my dryad's base DEX is 225. How'd I misplace 10?

The other stats are a similar mess. STR: 25 Dryad base + 12 levels of Outfitter at 6 STR/level = 25 + 72 = 97; I have 95 (-2).
    Focus: 60 Dryad base + 9 levels of Druid or Cleric at 8/lvl + 9 points from TP = 60 + 72 + 9 = 141. Actual: 133 (-8).
    Power: 60 Dryad base + 20 levels of Tailor, 7/lvl + 9 TP + 104% base by being a Dryad = ( 60 + 140 + 9 ) *1.04 = ~217-218. Actual: 167 (-50, unaccountable no matter how you arrange the numbers).

I... guh- I don't even... *cries* There's no rhyme or reason to it! If everything was obviously off by the same amount, or the same proportion, or something... but it's not. Absolutely nothing is where I expect it to be, and how much it wriggles seems completely random, and I just... what am I not doing right? Does my math completely ignore something? Were the numbers I was handed wrong? Is something bugged? This is driving me up the wall, I'd appreciate answers from anyone older and wiser than me.

Default Re: Bipeds, Multiclassing, Stats, Skills

Silly Pickle!

Prestige classes start at 10, not zero. You only get the points when you level, not retroactively. So you started with 80 tailoring at level 10 tailor, then added 10 each time you leveled for 180.

Tesp

Not to contradict you, O Mighty Crafter One, just would like to know if anyone else says it's that way because dang, that's... utterly enraging, from the perspective of someone who likes simple numbers. Instead of inheriting another class' numbers and then building on them only not really because if I leveled Outfitter now it still wouldn't raise what Tailor started with.

*twitch*

Whyyyyyy cruel woooooorld.

(And I don't think it answers why my stats are so wonky. Druid and Cleric started as level 1 schools, shouldn't at least the stats from them be building properly? Auuuuugh.)
    Last edited by Thicklesip; February 15th, 2011 at 11:47 PM. Reason: whoops stats

I got confused by the prestige craft classes not starting at level one thing back when I first played with bipeds too. I came to the conclusion that what was happening was what trcroyle described. It annoyed me as well. >_>

Those other stats though are pretty crazy, especially that negative fifty. Best guess is just that there's some factor that you're missing because I tend to assume human error before assuming that the game is doing the calculations wrong, but I have no idea what it could be that would cause that missing fifty points. O_o

Edit: Now that I think about it, if Tailor only started gaining skills as it actually leveled, it probably also gains stats the same way. Doing that, I get much closer to 167, but I still do not get that number. I'm not really surprised though, since I don't have enough information on what your classes actually are to do it accurately.
    Last edited by Raptress; February 16th, 2011 at 01:12 AM.

.:Malestryx:.

Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

Quote Originally Posted by Thicklesip View Post
    Not to contradict you, O Mighty Crafter One, just would like to know if anyone else says it's that way because dang, that's... utterly enraging, from the perspective of someone who likes simple numbers. Instead of inheriting another class' numbers and then building on them only not really because if I leveled Outfitter now it still wouldn't raise what Tailor started with.
    http://www.crimson-dawn.org/index.ph...uides_-_Tailor

Dex:
    55 Base
    Level 1-10 from Outfitter (8 per level) 80 pts
    Level 11-20 from Tailor (9 per level) 90 pts

55 + 80 + 90 = 225

Same thing with Power:
    60 Base
    Level 1-10 from Outfitter (3 per level) 30 pts
    Level 11-20 from Tailor (7 per level) 70 pts.

60 + 30 + 70 = 160 x 1.04 = 166.4 (rounds up to 167)

Str and Focus I can't readily explain, maybe you're wearing something that gives a negative?

Thread Information