Thread: Lag in Bristugo

Default Lag in Bristugo

Food for thought . . .
    For those who like to rest in Bristugo, what about a time limit, say . . .
    15 minutes, maybe 30 minutes, but at the end of this time they would be teleported to some unknown destination, thus adding a new dimension to the game. What do you think?

Default Re: Lag in Bristugo

Buy more ram?
    Sorry, no. Bris is one of the few places I see people and I've rarely had lag problems there.

Bristugo is the main portal hub for the game and as such would be the main location for people to meet other people or go afk for a short time. Changing this could annoy people.
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

what about those that sit in bristgo but are having chats and like to be in bristgo to people watch. if i wasn't in bristgo how would chaos get their daily does of slobber?

Quote Originally Posted by Loc View Post
    Food for thought . . .
    For those who like to rest in Bristugo, what about a time limit, say . . .
    15 minutes, maybe 30 minutes, but at the end of this time they would be teleported to some unknown destination, thus adding a new dimension to the game. What do you think?

I know a lot of people don't like this, and it will never happen, but as an idea I think it's great

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

Hmm going to say no to this one

1. I fall into the category of sitting in Brist a lot

2. The lag is because of the client design not the players

Lets put this into perspective.

"There is too much lag in New Trismus, quick get rid of all the new players"
    Chasing
    Chaos Shard
    Scarlet Dawn

What lag? I run the game at max graphics and have yet to experience lag. (ok..one day right after patch I had a lag spike but that was it)

Quote Originally Posted by Sigi View Post
    I know a lot of people don't like this, and it will never happen, but as an idea I think it's great
    Perhaps I should specify why I like the idea. I would prefer to be transported to an unknown destination while being afk too long instead of being disconnected.

My liking has nothing to do with bristugo, lag, big dragonbuts or drool

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

but how would you tell the difference between afk and people chatting. just today my dragons have been in bristgo all day. while i sit watch tv, get paper work done and chat with people in game. should i get ported to a random location even though im present in game chatting away?

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Hasia View Post
    but how would you tell the difference between afk and people chatting.
    I'm 99% sure the game recognizes interacting with the chat interface and realizes it's a sign that you're at the keyboard. Now if you were alt-tabbed out of Istaria and chatting in an IM client or whatnot, the game has no way of telling, in which case it'd probably declare you absent after a sufficient period of not interacting with the game.

The idea of random-porting anyone sitting still too long is amusing. Have to agree that Bristugo lag is thanks to structures and terrain, not players though.

oh thickle i was referring to *you* the player. I know the game already kicks people if they stay still for over 20 mins.....so not really even sure why this thread is here....the game already has a kick player if they remain inactive.

Only if it ports us to some location that we have no knowledge about a new area :P with new mobs :P
    Given enough time and the proper temperament anything doable in game is possible
    Confectioner first last and always

Oh THAT isn't a creepy question at all. Begone HTML formbox!

Tsk, this is a though one.

Speaking as a person whom usually goes quiet for long periods of time ingame, either to type something out on a forum or to quickly do a task for someone whom would rather not have me open the game again - I do find the log-off period annoying. Even if I am away from the computer for a few moments.

The game has the downside of (Due to the client) exiting completely once you are logged out, requiring me to open the game client again, select my character and wait a long time for it to re-load.

While this is undesirable, keep in mind that this 'room' might read to undesirable actions. But if they would lighten up the penalty for being afk, I would not mind.
    We're all stuck in a mess of relationships,
    that go on with or without you.

Thread Information