Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: -YOU- have NO life + more!

Default Re: -YOU- have NO life + more!

Hoping things will work out for me at work, if not then I can officialy say I have NO life. seeing I might be going back to the 2pm to 10pm grinde working a constant 6 days a week, and denied ALL vacation requests. then I say no life XD well for me anyways :P sure 12 hours shifts are hard, but at least on this current schedule I get more then 1 day a week off XD so wish me luck!

I am sad for you, Darkwing Duck, and I hope you'll get good and long vacations soon...

I actually had a recent episode with a "No life" accusation in another game.

My girlfriend had called a member of our guild "hun". She calls practically everyone "hun". It's one of the things she does. The girl she was speaking to flew off the handle, quite huffily stating that my girlfriend had no right to call her "hun", because the game wasn't a dating site. I had no time or patience for that type of melodrama, so she was removed from the guild without a second thought.
    My girlfriend is the type of person that doesn't like hard feelings. She sent this girl a tell to try to smoothe things over; by then, I'd stopped caring about the situation in general. During their conversation, my girlfriend let it be known that, while she was sure this girl had some nice qualities, she was spoken for and therefore not interested in dating. At which point the girl decided to inform my girlfriend that there was no way she could be dating someone, because online games weren't for people in relationships. Which, of course, garnered her a not-so-nice title in my girlfriend's book and earned her a one-way ticket to the ignore list.

My girlfriend and I were both floored, and given a little bit of a headache, from the stupid that came from this circular logic.
    An online game is only meant for single people, but those single people weren't allowed to meet others or have feelings for them; and once they ceased to be single people, they were supposed to give up something they found fun, solely because they were no longer single.

Video games are a way my girlfriend and I bond. We often share our interests with each other; and while we don't always like the same things for the same reasons, it's something we can do together. We even MET on an online program. We now live together, and have for several months. We've become absorbed in games we've shared with each other for hours on end, even becoming oblivious to each other at times. We do other things besides game, but I have to admit that probably takes up a large portion of both our free times.

Do we have "no life"? I don't know. Other than her, practically all my friends are online, and have been for over a decade, now. I'm looking into a possible online career path. I don't DO in-person social very well. And still, sometimes I wonder if I'm missing out on something because I don't go out in mini-skirts and sequins, drink until I'm incapable of standing - let alone rational thought -, and wake up next to a different person every day. Which is what it seems constitutes a "life" to the people accusing me of not having one.

Thread Information