Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Abilities stick in combat

Default Abilities stick in combat

I am having an issue where many attacks "Stick". If you hit them and have to wait for the enemy to get in range or any thing else interrupts them in any fashion they seem to drop out of the Que, Never Execute, and after about 5 to 10 seconds they go into cooldown as if used.
    "Nothing Is Never Not... everything is never."-Vacuus, Lord of Nothing

Default Re: Sticky Attacks

Quote Originally Posted by Shinkuu View Post
    I am having an issue where many attacks "Stick". If you hit them and have to wait for the enemy to get in range or any thing else interrupts them in any fashion they seem to drop out of the Que, Never Execute, and after about 5 to 10 seconds they go into cooldown as if used.
    I have a bit more information on this. It looks like what is happening is that instead of putting the Ability at the top of the Que instead it puts "Attack" at the top before the Ability. Apparently then if you cannot use the Ability immediately it loses the Ability and just has you use normal attacks. Then the ability goes into cool down as IF it were used.
    "Nothing Is Never Not... everything is never."-Vacuus, Lord of Nothing

I'm seeing this behavior too. This is not a rare occurrence; it happens pretty much every single time I use a melee range ability when the mob is not yet in melee range. The attack will never fire. It never leaves the "on hold" portion of the queue until after a few autoattacks, the hotkey will grey out completely until a while after at which point it will jump somewhere into its cooldown as if it had been cooling down the whole time (though I don't know if this behavior takes longer than a normal cooldown. It certainly felt like it did.).

In addition to that, I've been seeing a few weird quirks with combat in general.

When my character is hit in an out-of-combat state, it will enter its battle stance. At first I thought that someone had setup an auto-autoattack upon hit, but the character still does nothing. It's only visual, and it can be a little confusing as that means I can't rely upon seeing that stance to know my autoattack is turned on.

Another is that I found when I would cast Primal Health on myself and queue up Prime Bolt after it, that Primal Health would play Prime Bolt's sound and even its animation. It would appear as if I had casted Prime Bolt twice, in other words. This effect is only visual; Primal Health still functions as normal.

There's another, but I'm not sure if it's a bug or if I'm just lagging far more than usual very consistently. I'm inclined to think it's a bug because the behavior was out of character for what I've come to expect from lag. When the combat log reports how far out of range I am, it seems to be quite a bit behind. It will report that a mob is only two meters out of range when the mob appears to be quite a bit farther away. I haven't seen my autoattack actually hit when the combat log is not reporting that I'm out of range, but the mob still appears out of range on the screen, but that's such an unreliable thing to be looking at that I'm not sure it's significant.

.:Malestryx:.

Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

I have a bit more information on this. It looks like what is happening is that instead of putting the Ability at the top of the Que instead it puts "Attack" at the top before the Ability. Apparently then if you cannot use the Ability immediately it loses the Ability and just has you use normal attacks. Then the ability goes into cool down as IF it were used.
    I actually thought the GR/SS sticking bug had been fixed with the first content update...This last one has every dragon melee ability sticking HORRIBLY. This does not seem isolated to the few persons who have posted on this topic as I've seen a number of complaints about it in game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Poster
    I'm gonna post in this one too!

This bug seems to have come along with the newest client build.

The bug happens when you queue up an attack and then move before it fires. Probably a really big issue for those who do not use free look.

To work around it for now, if you need to move to get in range of a mob, hit stop action first. Also turn on free look.

I hope this gets fixed soon. This new client also very prone to CTD. I've gone back to the last blight client dated 12-7-2009 (luckily I hadn't bothered to patch up my second game install) which is far more stable.

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran View Post
    The bug happens when you queue up an attack and then move before it fires. Probably a really big issue for those who do not use free look.
    It's not just when you move. It's also when you're standing there perfectly still waiting for a mob to run up to you. In my experience, the abilities stick because you use a melee range ability when the mob is not in melee range. I have always used free look, and I still get this bug consistently to the point that I wait until autoattack goes off to use abilities.

.:Malestryx:.

Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

Quote Originally Posted by Raptress View Post
    It's not just when you move. It's also when you're standing there perfectly still waiting for a mob to run up to you. In my experience, the abilities stick because you use a melee range ability when the mob is not in melee range. I have always used free look, and I still get this bug consistently to the point that I wait until autoattack goes off to use abilities.
    When not using Free Look, you run around in circles, like the critter is out of range, attacking about half as often as normal. It is for auto-attack as well as abilities, and spells, making spells difficult to cast mid-combat.
    SiLang Drag 100, Dcra 100, Dlsh 100 100M Hoard Ancient Dragon of Flight of the Order Shard
    Parcasta Storm Disciple 44, ARM 88, BLK 100, CRP 25, ENC 23, FIT 88, GTH 80, JWL 40, MIN 80, MSN 82, OUT 100, SCH 100, TLR 10, WPN 88, WVR 21

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

Going along with the sticking in combat, Tagath's had the following ALL stuck in the same combat with the same monster:
    Gold Rage
    Silver Strike
    Ravage
    Drain Strike
    Bite

It wasn't until he targeted another monster and cast his long ranged prime bolt and drain bolt that they all popped back to normal and were able to be used.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

In the past it has only happened to me with Tail Whip and Gold Rage. The most annoying part is that Gold Rage is down for atleast 1 minute... For an ability with 15s recharge it is sad and depending on the strength of the monster I attack it can be really annoying indeed.
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

Quote Originally Posted by C`gan View Post
    Going along with the sticking in combat, Tagath's had the following ALL stuck in the same combat with the same monster:
    Gold Rage
    Silver Strike
    Ravage
    Drain Strike
    Bite

It wasn't until he targeted another monster and cast his long ranged prime bolt and drain bolt that they all popped back to normal and were able to be used.
    This. It's particularly bad when you are still in your teens/preteens and only have a few attacks to begin with After trying to use all my attacks only to have them white out, by the time I got them unstuck by using a spell I was dead.

Default Re: Abilities stick in combat

my work around to this is to start combat and dont use any abilities. once you hit with a regular attack then you are free to use any ability.

I believe this happens when you try to use a melee ability while the mob is outside melee range, if the melee ability also starts autoattack. Since the ability can't fire, it remains in the queue, and autoattack jumps in front of it. Because autoattack is a repeatable ability, it stays there, and the next item in the queue (the attack you wanted), that attack remains stuck in the queue without firing.
    Exploring is a necessary skill, and its not like death is fatal. At least, not for the gifted.

Quote Originally Posted by Oakleif View Post
    I believe this happens when you try to use a melee ability while the mob is outside melee range, if the melee ability also starts autoattack. Since the ability can't fire, it remains in the queue, and autoattack jumps in front of it. Because autoattack is a repeatable ability, it stays there, and the next item in the queue (the attack you wanted), that attack remains stuck in the queue without firing.
    Your last statement is mostly correct, except after some period of time (3-4 seconds maybe?) the "ability attack" disappears from the 2nd action queue. The attack can also get "bumped" out of the 2nd action queue position by hitting another attack ability, until all the attack abilities are "greyed" for some rather lengthy period of time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Poster
    I'm gonna post in this one too!

seems heals and benifical abilities are getting stuck also

all my heals seem to have a mind of their own now, primal cast and gold shield are also effect. gold shield just now never went off when i tried to use it and has been grayed out now for over ten mins.

i hope the game staff is looking into this this issue, this has resulted in many many deaths for me

Edit:
    another note to add is that also sometimes abilities will trigger, but the timer will have a delayed start....and it can be a long delay to
    Last edited by Blue Hasia; March 6th, 2011 at 07:48 PM.

its getting worse, cause mobs move out of range even if there is no other player around who could pull the mob out of my range.
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

<bump> Any word on this?
    SiLang Drag 100, Dcra 100, Dlsh 100 100M Hoard Ancient Dragon of Flight of the Order Shard
    Parcasta Storm Disciple 44, ARM 88, BLK 100, CRP 25, ENC 23, FIT 88, GTH 80, JWL 40, MIN 80, MSN 82, OUT 100, SCH 100, TLR 10, WPN 88, WVR 21

Game Staff any word? its hard enough that are attacks get stuck, but dragons only get 2 good heals breeze and insta heal and having those not fire in combat is making combat having many deaths. and even if they do trigger they can be stuck for 5 mins before the timer will actual start counting down

Do i need to make a a video and post on youtube so we can get a response to show the players are not making this up please respond!

I haven't had my heals or any ranged spell or gold shield get stuck, Blue. Have you been able to figure out what leads up to that happening?

I'm pretty sure I've narrowed down which melee skills get stuck and why (only those that start autoattack and the mob is out of range at the time).
    Exploring is a necessary skill, and its not like death is fatal. At least, not for the gifted.

played my low lvl 22 hatclings today and got to say the fact that my abilities get stuck hunting with them was also very frustrating and got thinking that if i was a new player and my moves were not working this would be a big turn off of wanting to play this game.

I agree Blue.

I thought it would be only that annoying for my little Luna,
    but its very annoying for my ancient too: Though Lov has much more weapons she can use- if you are in serious combat without melee attacs- even as a hybride-you learn to know how a Helian feels like

Please devs fix that with next patch!
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Thread Information