Thread: Farewell...

Oh THAT isn't a creepy question at all. Begone HTML formbox!

Unhappy Farewell...

...But not goodbye.

Greetings, fellow Istarians. The past month has been eventful. Many things have happened, mostly to me. Life has gotten a tad harder in many ways. I have gained plenty of emotional and financial baggage. And with the way things as slumping as of late I am afraid to say that due to problems ingame and problems IRL I shall NOT be renewing my subscription this month. I shall be taking a short leave of absence and I shall be returning thereafter with my account 'free', and play my first biped. Amongst the reasons I am doing this is the fact that...well...I am tired of playing a dragon. Yes. Strange, is it not? EVERY time I return here, I always end up playing a dragon. It's instinct, somehow. But this is mostly looking on the bright side. I will have you all know that this does NOT mean I will disappear for ever, nor that I will disappear from the forums forever.

I simply need some time to...recover from a few problems I am having and will unfortunately be unable to pay my subscription for at least two or so years.

I wish to thank all of you out there who have made my last month a literal heaven , and showed me that somewhere out there in the deep ,dark confines of the internet. There is still hope.

Hang in there my friends. And remember - That even though this is the internet. We are still in many ways a family. Always protect eachother, and always look out for eachother.

I find it funny. This is probably the first short-notice leave that I've ever felt teary eyed over...and after just a month! Boy do I feel like an idiot.

Well. It's been fun everyone. Tonight and tomorrow morning I shall be resolving a few roleplays, and setting up my human character.

This is Fixszorx Granitescale.

Signing out.
    We're all stuck in a mess of relationships,
    that go on with or without you.

Default Re: Farewell...

ack...hope things work out and hope to see you back sooner than that

A lot of us are having financial issues right now, among other things, and I hope yours is resolved soon!

I'm really debating this hard.

Part of me really wishes to stay. Seriously. I just cannot stop thinking about how I'll miss this place.

But yet another part of me does not feel that welcome for some reason.

I have until tomorrow to choose. I've managed to aquire enough reserve for three more months.

Though now I fear if I choose to stay I'll look like a complete idiot for putting this up...
    Last edited by Fix; March 7th, 2011 at 06:19 AM.

Don't feel that way! If you want to stay and are able to do so, then I say go for it! I hope you'll come to realize that all are welcome in Istaria, and whether we've met in game or not, I do hope you'll hang around.

Quote Originally Posted by Reckless View Post
    Don't feel that way! If you want to stay and are able to do so, then I say go for it! I hope you'll come to realize that all are welcome in Istaria, and whether we've met in game or not, I do hope you'll hang around.
    I just. Do not want to look like I've made this just to get the 5 minutes of shame. Then again...who would go through all THAT trouble?

I call upon all of you - comment here if you wish for me to stay. At the end of the day I will review it and...well, it'll help me choose.

PS: Reckless, check your mail I left you a comment.

Well, you don't seem like the drama-dragon sort, so I suspect that no one would think you did it just for attention. No worries there.

Aw, that really sucks, Fix. I'll be sorry to see you go, if that's what you decide is best for your health. It's been a pleasure roleplaying with you.

But personally, I think you should stay. x3 If you're unable to renew your sub you could make a free account, and you could ghost your other characters from there if you still wanted to rp them. But I'm sure that other members of Order, as well as myself, would be happy if you stayed.

Ultimately, do what you think is best, and I hope things get better for you. -hugs-

Well I have not had the pleasure of being able to RP with you, but I hope whatever your troubles are they resolve themselves in a best way and as fast as possible for ya .

I can't speak to wether those you RP with make you feel welcome or desired or not - but I will say I've enjoyed your input into the forums here and hope you can at least remain on f2P and continue posting and providing feedback to improve the game itself.

It doesnt' matter what species you play, long as you have fun. If you aren't having fun, then you need to find your fun! IF you choose to take a break I hope you shall return and that one day I'll be able to add another Rper to my vaults .
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

I've seen people play and go, then return, then go, then return, then go, then return. Since I can't speak about the situation you find yourself in IRL, I can only say that it's always a glad time to see someone return when they're able to. If you MUST go for financial reasons, then do it with the goal of returning when your finances are better. If you stay, stay because you feel it's the right thing to do and you can afford it. You'll find that those of us who've made Istaria a home are not as judgmental about such things as other MMOs' players. Many of us have had to face this decision ourselves at one point in time or other.

"I'm Tom Burdett for Motel 6. We'll leave the light on for you." B^)
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

UPDATE: I have made plenty of arrangements and after some time, work, planning and BEGGING I have managed to get enough for two more months of subscription! I will be able to get that amount into operation next month. Till then I will be ghosting with a few people that I enjoy roleplay with but due to studies I will not really be on much.

Hopefully once I get to next month I'll be able to return. I'll cya all then! Be well!

yay! that is good news!
    *serves Fix some delicious klava presented with a towel and a curtsy to tide him over*

Quote Originally Posted by awdz View Post
    yay! that is good news!
    *serves Fix some delicious klava presented with a towel and a curtsy to tide him over*
    Mmmmmmmm :3

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

so glad you don't have to leave us yet!
    i know about being in a tight financial spot and i know about being in skewl (in case i didn't brag....ummm, i mean, post this earlier, i finished my class with a total of 90.81 gpa. one more to go and with luck, i will have my new ccna cert by june and a new job [at $35k a year!!! ] for my birthday!)

you go do what you need to do and come home to use when you can, we relish and welcome any time you can spend with your family!
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Quote Originally Posted by velveeta View Post
    so glad you don't have to leave us yet!
    i know about being in a tight financial spot and i know about being in skewl (in case i didn't brag....ummm, i mean, post this earlier, i finished my class with a total of 90.81 gpa. one more to go and with luck, i will have my new ccna cert by june and a new job [at $35k a year!!! ] for my birthday!)

you go do what you need to do and come home to use when you can, we relish and welcome any time you can spend with your family!
    You do not impress me :|

Come back when you have purchased the world's biggest orange.

PS: :3 thanks.But I do not like my family.

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

okay, sorry for extending my hopes that things get better for you.
    may you be as miserable as you seem to want to be!
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

And live in interesting times?

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

Thread Information