Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Charlie Sheen gets fired.

Default Re: Charlie Sheen gets fired.

LOL yea it use to be on Monday nights before CSI: Miami (and before Miami got moved). It was on Monday Nights after 2 1/2 men actually, because when it started it was using 2 1/2 men audience to launch the show. So the Monday CBS comedy line up was golden.

But once it became its own hit (and it was a number 1 show for that slot), CBS moved it over to Thursday to try and launch a Thursday night comedy lineup - attempting to launch BLEEP My dad Says (with Shatner, so you see the audience appeal to stay tuned after Big Bang THeory lol). And in its place after 2 1/2 men they put "Mike and Molly" the new show they were trying to launch.

I know its fallen a bit in ratings since they moved it to Thursday. Thursday is a BIG competition night across the channels, I hated that they moved it because Monday Night on CBS use to be awesome. ANd now instead of one solid night of awesome its 2 nights of "one good show, the rest crap" lol. After having watched BLEEP my Dad says - shatner can't save that show, its pretty predictable/awful even for a sitcom (and to me that says a lot lol). So now its trying to hold its own all by itself on THursday night up against hour long dramas and has lost ground.

Stupid CBS. Ruined a good thing! Too bad noone ever asks me..I'm brilliant at this! LOL

Anyway yes. I thought Glau was who I was thinking it was. Sorry I just don't see her as all that. OOOH..bits and pieces of a martial arts over several months...sorry that's not impressive. Awesome she did her own stunts, but I can think of dozens of actors and actresses who do the same thing yet nerds dont seem to go gaga over those others. So I don't get the whole "OOOOH ITS GLAAUUUU" thing.

But then I'm not a Whedon fan, nor am I into Firefly.

I know, I'm a nerd and yet I dont' care for such things. Its blasphemy to most! LOL

But her episode was still funny. However, I felt the George Takai episdoe was way more hilarious!
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

Anyway yes. I thought Glau was who I was thinking it was. Sorry I just don't see her as all that. OOOH..bits and pieces of a martial arts over several months...sorry that's not impressive. Awesome she did her own stunts, but I can think of dozens of actors and actresses who do the same thing yet nerds dont seem to go gaga over those others. So I don't get the whole "OOOOH ITS GLAAUUUU" thing.
    Quality over Quantity, Friend.

She didn't do a Lot, but what she DID do was just plain awesome.

Even without her martial arts, just the way she played that character was just.... it was just awesome. I don't know any better words to use to describe it.

The martial arts parts in that movie, is like that sweet icing ontop of the cake, where the cake is all of the other cool things that Glau did for that series and that movie. I'm wanting to see at least an episode or two of that Terminator series she did too, to see if she was anywhere near as awesome in it. She did a very excellent job of playing a girl who was completely off her rocker and half-there, half-not whimsical in the brainpan girl with a small dash of Ax Crazy.

I can't really think of any other "crazy" characters in movies that were played in a more awesome way than that little girl. She was Crazy but not drooling at the mouth constantly trying to kill people. She had her calms and not so calms.

Very good scripting, and very good execution of that scripting by Glau.

oh I'm not saying she was horrid, I agree, she can act!

But I've seen many actors playing crazy, to varying degrees of success. Her "crazy" was more downplayed, as was appropriate to the character. But to me its harder to pull of "verbally crazy" than "silently disturbed" since standing around looking brooding to me seems easier than actually ACTING OUT crazy - lol.

But like I said, its not that I dont like her - I just don't go gaga over her like other nerd-fans (and yourself) LOL.

Now, get me started on say Vigo Mortenson or Vin Diesal - then I can go gaga....
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Iea has returned.

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

with ya totally on the vin thing, but viggo mortensen is a dog, to me!!
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Frith-Rae View Post
    oh I'm not saying she was horrid, I agree, she can act!

But I've seen many actors playing crazy, to varying degrees of success. Her "crazy" was more downplayed, as was appropriate to the character. But to me its harder to pull of "verbally crazy" than "silently disturbed" since standing around looking brooding to me seems easier than actually ACTING OUT crazy - lol.

But like I said, its not that I dont like her - I just don't go gaga over her like other nerd-fans (and yourself) LOL.

Now, get me started on say Vigo Mortenson or Vin Diesal - then I can go gaga....
    I suppose.

I love kick-butt girls.

My 2nd Favorite? Sigourney Freaking Weaver in Aliens.

Mmmmmm.

That duct-taped monster of a weapon she uses near the end? *whistle* Someone has *really* P'd her off and she's out for blood. That and she played the part really really well too -- she actually looked scared witless (as she very well Should Be in that situation), but also angry and determined at the same time.

Very few other women in Hollywood have managed to pull off a good "kick-butt" scene. Most women who try either fail miserably at it (they're a walking pair of breasts wearing scant leather who try to act tough but fail miserably), or they act Too Macho like nothing scares them which is just unrealistic as heck.

That's why I love Sigourney Weaver's performance in the Aliens movies -- she's so very obviously *scared* out of her mind, but in that adrenaline state where she does what she has to do, to survive (and/or rescue Newt...). She plays the part very well.

Except, of course, Alien "4".... but eh. The movie had some decent points to it, esp. that Basketball Shot... I read the trivia behind it and it was like "woah. That was awesome!".

Oh I love me some Sigourney Weaver! Esp. in Aliens - they are my top favorite movie series!!

And I LOVED Her in FOUR!! I LOVED her changing her character into the alien-hybrid! I thought she deserved an Oscar for that performance, honestly!

(Oh and PS - Big Bang Theory tonight was all about Sheldon getting his WoW character hacked and his stuff stolen and them tracking down his hacker! Funny episode!! More funny if you actually play MMORGPS and know what it is they are talking about (not just WOW..) LOL ))
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Iea has returned.

Quote Originally Posted by Frith-Rae View Post
    Oh I love me some Sigourney Weaver! Esp. in Aliens - they are my top favorite movie series!!

And I LOVED Her in FOUR!! I LOVED her changing her character into the alien-hybrid! I thought she deserved an Oscar for that performance, honestly!

(Oh and PS - Big Bang Theory tonight was all about Sheldon getting his WoW character hacked and his stuff stolen and them tracking down his hacker! Funny episode!! More funny if you actually play MMORGPS and know what it is they are talking about (not just WOW..) LOL ))
    I enjoyed A4. I just... am hesitant to express too much interest in it, until I know my audience is accepting of it, lol. There's a lot of hate out there against the movie I hear, so I tend to be a bit cautious about admitting I liked it.

But yes, #2 was the best of the series. I'm glad we agree on that hehe.

oh I just meant 'Aliens" the series, not really number II. Though II is a good one, I actually enjoy III more than II (see I don't care if my audience accepts it or not I admit it! LOL), but that's cuz I liked the plot better - not anyhting against marines vs. aliens - loved both omovies, but I know that most fans don't like III at all and I loved III. Though honestly IV may be my favorite. Tough call. II is so different from the other three that its like a stand-alone almost to me - so II is equal to IV then .

I...I is the one that starts off slow with the big finish, but you gotta put the time into I to get the most out of them all .
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Iea has returned.

I guess it is because I'm a guy and I like all the action, guns blazing, etc is why I think #2 is the coolest.

#3 is OK, and #4 is cool too, so if I had to rate em, I'd put em in this order, best-to-worst:

2 -> 4 -> 3-> 1

Everyone has their preferences, I guess.

Thread Information