Thread: Multicast ability

Default Multicast ability

I just found out that multicast ability was changed? i would LOVE to know WHY to use and ABILITY that one has MASTERED suddenly has a level requirement and what is the purpose of nerfing a spell caster ability.

Default Re: Multicast ability

You are mistaken. None of the Multicast abilities have a level requirement beyond the level they are received at by their respective schools. Double checked internally and also on Chaos.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

I will give you a picture of this claim to prove its saying a minimum current adventure requirement
    Attached Images Attached Images

And this is for multicast 3 stating multicast 3 the school has to be lv 40 to use the ability.
    I just joined conj level 20 and i have mutlicast 3 from mage , every time i try to use it, it states this directly from the game
    "[03/17/11 14:38:36] Starlight does not meet requirements for Multicast III "
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by starlight; March 17th, 2011 at 06:54 PM.

Oh, you are talking about the buff. The buff has always had a level requirement. Checked the change logs for them and Multicast 1-3 were last changed in 2004 or 2005. Multicast 4 in February 2010 when it was added to the game.

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

then why was i able to use them in low lv classes and why is this change again im am sorry but i am slowly becoming increasely upset in the direct the game has been heading with no new content and the regular changing of abilities from how they were originally made when i joined istaria when bowman owned the game. before mutlicast had no such level requirements and this really messes up leveling mage and conjurer school and any school that gains the multicast ability line. *sighs* no mutlicast never had a level requirement until the developers decided to change when in my opinion was just to make things harder on the players.

It seems that something changed in Feb 2010 when the Multicast IV was given to Conjurer. Certainly before that change the behaviour of Multicast up to Multicast III was as Starlight states - no level requirement (though perhaps one did show in the "Buff area") was in effect. When the ability was listed in the Abilities for the toon it could be used with no such level restriction as is now in effect.

Knossos
    Last edited by Knossos; March 17th, 2011 at 07:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Knossos View Post
    It seems that something changed in Feb 2010 when the Multicast IV was given to Conjurer. Certainly before that change the behaviour of Multicast up to Multicast III was as Starlight states - no level requirement (though perhaps one did show in the "Buff area") was in effect.

Knossos
    The level requirement shown is for the buff. And that has been there for years, maybe since launch. The last change to Multicast 1-3 was in 2005 I believe (Delta 84).

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    The level requirement shown is for the buff. And that has been there for years, maybe since launch. The last change to Multicast 1-3 was in 2005 I believe (Delta 84).
    Amon, please see my post as amended.

Knossos

So am i to assume this intention change was to make things harder for players to multi-class as well? since as far as i understood all mastered abilities could be used by ANY other class of ANY level not just those of a specific current adventure level? As i remember using mutli-cast as a lv 1 school once i mastered it.
    Last edited by starlight; March 17th, 2011 at 07:35 PM.

I'm sorry to spoil everyone's day, but Amon is correct. I have run into this little snag myself on many occassions while leveling schools. My guess would be, that previously you only had Multicast I, mastered from Mage, which has a lvl req of 20 (or perhaps even 1) I think, and since many schools start at lvl 20, you didn't notice the lvl req.

With that being said, why is it that Multicast has a lvl req at all... I cannot think of a single other ABILITY that has a lvl req.
    --- iuvenilis --- [Officer of The Alliance]
    Demonslaying since July 2004

Dispirit Foe and Dispirit Foes show minimum level but it is not clear whether that is level of player or level of mob and have not tested.

Knossos

I'm pretty sure this level requirement has always been there.

I can't recall if the lower multicast is available or not. I think I had to wait until I hit 40 to use mc3, back when leveling some schools (mage possibly) and this was years ago. I had 36 mage, 100 conj, decided to finish mage. Noticed I couldn't multicast until I hit level 40.

I believe you are mistaken that this is a recent change.

The nice thing it just get to level 40 and you should be set.

Correct. The level requirement is on the buff and has been there for many years (at least 6 if not 7). The only change to Multicast in the last 4 years has been the addition of Multicast 4 for Conjurers at level 95.

At level 36 mages get MC I which has a lvl req of 1. If you take conjurer higher MC changes and so does the lvl req as far as I remember.
    ^.^ *Speed Demon of order..*

Dispirit Foe and Dispirit Foes list Current School Minimum Level 10. If the Multicast Series also listed Current School Minimums, rather than Current Adventure School Minimums, those who are taking issue with the Multicast Level requirements would most probably be pleased.

Knossos

Yes a current school craft or adventure would work fine as it to me in my opinion is how it should be

I can vouch for Amon's statement here.

This has been in game for a long time.

Personal experience with this very issue some 5 years ago.
    I completed Conjurer first, when I changed to Mage a few
    months later to complete that school I encountered the same
    problem with MultiCast - My Mage was too low to use the
    mastered MC ability from Conj.

Andaras

Thread Information