Thread: [Fixed] Mental Bane

Default [Fixed] Mental Bane

The tech Kit "Mental Bane" is giving the enemy you are fighting the beneficial buff(250+ damage plus mind) instead of the user- pretty sure that's not right. ^^

Don't see how, the stat mod was removed quite some time back and it only does additional damage now.
    Last edited by AmonGwareth; March 7th, 2011 at 11:38 PM.

I lurk within the depths of your mind, for I am INSANITY!

Default Re: Game Bugs

Quote Originally Posted by Xanthia View Post
    The tech Kit "Mental Bane" is giving the enemy you are fighting the beneficial buff(250+ damage plus mind) instead of the user- pretty sure that's not right. ^^

Don't see how, the stat mod was removed quite some time back and it only does additional damage now.
    Well that is what I was told when me and a friend tested it in the arena. The reason we tried testing it was cause initially when we were killing mobs together we saw the mental bane go off in the combat log yet didn't see the added damage follow it. So we went to the pvp arena and I tossed a few bolts at him until the mental bane proc and according to him he got the beneficial buff-which doesn't make sense since why would I want to be buffing the enemy I am fighting? ^^

If anything - I can tell you for sure it doesn't add any extra damage like it's suppose to. I have my mental bane teched on an Improved Energy Bolt V. I've seen it go off a few times according to the combat log, but never ever saw any extra damage follow it.
    Last edited by Xanthia; March 19th, 2011 at 10:39 PM.

Well that is what I was told when me and a friend tested it in the arena. The reason we tried testing it was cause initially when we were killing mobs together we saw the mental bane go off in the combat log yet didn't see the added damage follow it. So we went to the pvp arena and I tossed a few bolts at him until the mental bane proc and according to him he got the beneficial buff-which doesn't make sense since why would I want to be buffing the enemy I am fighting? ^^

If anything - I can tell you for sure it doesn't add any extra damage like it's suppose to. I have my mental bane teched on an Improved Energy Bolt V. I've seen it go off a few times according to the combat log, but never ever saw any extra damage follow it.
    I second this, noticed the exact same thing as Xanthia describes.
    Dakoren Ironhand - Multiclassed Half-Giant
    Krondel Bloodclaw - Ancient Dragon

I see no beneficial buff that it can give, thats the confusion. The tech has a 5% chance to proc the Mental Bane effect onto the spell. That effect is an attack modifiction that does extra mind damage. There is no buff or debuff that it would give to a target. In fact, never once does it even specify anything about the target. Anyone have a screenshot of this "buff"?

As for not seeing the damage, that sounds like its just not showing up in the combat logs.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

me and xan where at the arena today testing mental bane a photo is worth a thousand words

another screen shot showing it did convert my range attack to mind
    Last edited by Blue Hasia; March 20th, 2011 at 11:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Hasia View Post
    me and xan where at the arena today testing mental bane a photo is worth a thousand words
    Just for clarification, I was hitting Blue (on Leetu) using the Mental Improved Energy Bolt V of Accuracy. The spell is also teched with a stunIV- so you can ignore the window that says "Stun IV". You can also ignore "Nervous Tick" since that's just the effect coming from my weapon...

But as you can see, Mental Bane IS buffing the enemy when it goes off. All you got to do it switch it from "target" to "attacker" and it will work just fine.
    Last edited by Xanthia; March 21st, 2011 at 12:08 AM.

So it made the target of your mental bane spell, do mind damage BACK to you the next time he used an attack?

lols.

From my testing, Mental Bane does NO extra damage, nor did it convert my spell damage to mind.

Also, the Mental Bane effect/proc's percent chance needs to be delay adjusted with the spell. A flat 5% chance is not fair for someone who has teched this onto a longer casting (higher delay) spell. Example flame bolt might be like 40 delay, spirit bolt 30 delay. If the % chance stays at a flat 5% for both users, the spirit bolt user will get 25% more proc's over time than the flame bolt user. The % chance needs to be adjusting itself up on higher delay spells. Other things already work like this (and well they should) and the net effect is that over time the item's added damage is the same regardless of delay. Example would be something like a damaging spell tech such as Romp, Gale, Critical Damage, etc. When you place these on a higher delay spell, the % chance goes up a little bit automatically. This is how Mental Bane should be working as well. (Once the effect is fixed to actually add damage).

Perhaps redo it, copying from a spell tech like critical damage V, and renaming and adjusting the added damage?

Thread Information