Thread: Junk Loot Names & tiers

Default Junk Loot Names & tiers

I was hunting multiple tiers of mobs and wound up with a bunch of some junk loot that had the same name, but they didn't stack together. I assumed that was because it was a T4 versus T6 sliver for example. Then if I got used to the price of it, and tried to sell another tier of it, I might get confused because the price was different (well if I were a new player I'd find that confusing) especially if there was nothing in the description/name that indicated why it should be different than another sliver in a different stack.
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Poster
    I'm gonna post in this one too!

Default Re: Junk Loot Names & tiers

I ran into the same initial confusion when I started finding the same junk loot drops at different tiers. Ideally, every junk loot item would be unique in name and description, but I understand that that might be a bit of an undertaking. Maybe just appending the tier number or changing the color of the icons (blue for T1, red for T6, etc.) - whatever's easier - could be done instead.

.:Malestryx:.

Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

Ultimately it is all meant to be sold, not kept or stored or hoarded. That is why they are named the same in many cases across tiers. Just sell them and go get some more.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Well Amon that was the OP point - she said they sell for differnet prices, which new players might find confusing.

Or think its a bug because the "blahblah" they sold yesterday at level 38 sold for a different amount then the "blahblah" they sold today at level 45.

So that putting in some way to tell the difference between Tier 1 Blahblah and Tier 2blahblah would be helpful. Not for storing and hoarding but to know that they have different values for selling.

At least that's how I read that.
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

Quote Originally Posted by Frith-Rae
    Well Amon that was the OP point - she said they sell for differnet prices, which new players might find confusing.

Or think its a bug because the "blahblah" they sold yesterday at level 38 sold for a different amount then the "blahblah" they sold today at level 45.

So that putting in some way to tell the difference between Tier 1 Blahblah and Tier 2blahblah would be helpful. Not for storing and hoarding but to know that they have different values for selling.

At least that's how I read that.
    100% on the money Frith-Rae. Thank you!
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Poster
    I'm gonna post in this one too!

Thread Information