Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Buffs

Default Buffs

I just love waiting on avg 20 mins for some one to respond to buff my dragons.

and I cant wait to have to pay for my buffs when t5 scrolls come around.

So glad most people are against letting dragons have buffing abilities.

Edit:

going onto 35 mins now for a record of longest i ever waited for buffs. and still have yet to receive buffs in game
    Last edited by Blue Hasia; March 24th, 2011 at 12:36 AM.

Default Re: Buffs

Aren't you in a guild?

Not to be rude but why are you expecting other players to buff you all the time? I'm sure if someone was available and willing you'd get buffed. But buffing 3 dragons that you aren't hunting with can be time consuming and tedious. Be happy when you get them. If you don't get a response, then perhaps work on some other activity instead of waiting around Bristugo getting frustrated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Poster
    I'm gonna post in this one too!

58 mins is how long it took to get buffed

and I am hunting

*Perks up Timidly*

If I'm lucky, I'll get biped buffs twice a week on Order, just no one around to do it, but you get by on it
    Thenalth Venalueth (Order) Adult Lunus
    Kelthorath Insalik (Order) Hatchling
    Riethali Koray (Order) Hatchling

*hears Shular say: "Buffs are for Helians"*

no seriously, I really do not mean to offend- and I do not want to teach you,
    but I do not need buffs, nor does Luna (my little one).
    Do drags really need biped buffs (if they have all a drag can have at its level) ?
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Biped buffs really do help quite a bit. My little ones stay alive on thier leveling quests that are usually 5 levels above them. (I'm talking about killing level 19 creatures for "level 10 quests" here.) and my level 100s really can't go into the WD without them.

Honestly I took the rant to be more about the fact that dragons are SO DEPENDENT on bipeds for buffs like this.

Yea you can hunt iwthout them - but bipeds don't have to so why should we?

Why can't we have the eqivalent dragon buffs for ourselves? So dragons don't have to troll chatrooms and beg people to go out of their way for 10 seconds worth of buffing??

As he said, "oy joy we'll get to pay for them when the scrolls come out!"

You better hope the dragons will pay for them, cuz the bipeds can do it themselves.

And don't say "aren't you in a guild". On Order anyway just cuz you are in a guild doesn't mean 1-there are any bipeds in that guild or 2-there is anyone online in your guild to buff you in the first place (either due to levels or just not anyone online).

Its a sad statement to me that dragons "just go without them" when its a pretty nice bonus, and just a given buff for most bipeds.

(and no this is NOT dragons VS. Bipeds this is dragons vs. dev's choices...lol)
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Hasia View Post
    and I cant wait to have to pay for my buffs when t5 scrolls come around.
    Is that really such a bad thing, though? Honestly, I'm looking forward to having T5 scrolls come out so I can buy them. There is not really a lot to do with money most of the time as it is. I welcome any additions to further player trade. Also, it isn't like one can't forgo the scrolls and just keep asking for a biped for buffs. I'm sure the majority of them will still buff for free, scrolls or no.

.:Malestryx:.

Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

Quote Originally Posted by Frith-Rae View Post
    (and no this is NOT dragons VS. Bipeds this is dragons vs. dev's choices...lol)
    Well it technically is. (About dragons vs bipeds, but it is also about dev choices as well) People often seem to look at one thing and overlook another, on both sides. Bipeds can buff themselves every time they want to go hunting (assuming they took the schools that allow them to), and Dragon's can't. But on the flip side, Dragons (adults and ancients atleast), can take flight if the battle starts going down hill and get out of dying most of the time. A biped will just die if things go down hill. xD

From my personal experience leveling and hunting with a Dragon I found that buffs were largely unnecessary, at least with a melee Dragon. Fly -> Land & Gold Rage -> Loot -> Fly -> Land & Gold Rage ... Being stuck on the ground with Akrion disallows me to hunt nearly as casually. When you're in the fight, you're committed, there is no flying away if you suddenly get adds or a few mobs spawn next to you (And I know many Dragon players take this for granted because it's so seldom considered in discussions like these).

Balancing in this game is so tangled that I really see no way you can make things better for one side without making it unfair for the other. I'm not saying there isn't problems, the interdependency between Bipeds and Dragons have Dragons relying much more on Bipeds than Bipeds rely on Dragons. I'm just saying that simply allowing Dragons to use the Biped buffs isn't really a solution, especially when you consider that Dragons could then stack those buffs with their own which is something a Biped needs to rely on a Dragon for if they wish to do so (Such as Promote Intellect).

I agree Akrion
    lol- though the tactics for drags you describe, are not necessarily mine^^
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Most of the time when I ever hunt (Because I don't do it very often) it's for specific items, such as tech comps. So I fly around overhead looking for a certain mob I need, when I find it I will land, GR it (one shot kill), loot it, then return to flying and looking for another like target. It's also interesting to note that if you're fast enough, you can get your GR off before the mob enters combat mode and essentially bypass any evasion they may have. (This can make killing Skulk Spearfishers rather easy and uneventful)

That works for Lunus/melee warriors, and Helian/spellcasters will have to use more attacks, generally

Quote Originally Posted by LungTien Temeraire View Post
    That works for Lunus/melee warriors, and Helian/spellcasters will have to use more attacks, generally
    Yeah but at that point he problem is less that Dragon Casters need bipeds buffs and more that Dragon Casters need to be boosted in entirety.

not only are t5 buffs needed for hunting, when a dragon wants to gather resources ala 5 makes a world of difference

99% of the time I do not have any biped buffs at all and I do fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine. Of course, I am much more laid back than say a power gamer or someone that wants something done quickly so I am probably not one who should really comment too much.

If it comes to hunting something truely dangerous, as a dragon I just GR the heck out of it while I have my regen, spiked scales and shield of gold on. If even after that I can't kill it, I take a butt-load of potions. After that...THEN I ask for some biped buffs.

I don't see why dragons should feel entitled to a biped buff. It should just feel like a nice boost ontop of your own abilities every once in a while. Then of course once scrolls can be used, you can use some coin if you really are that desparate for em. *shrug*
    "State your case, but do it well. I do not suffer fools gladly." ~Sereamha Balla-dor

Quote Originally Posted by Sereamha
    I don't see why dragons should feel entitled to a biped buff.
    Agreed.

Dragons get buffs. Dragons have dragon's gift, determination, Gift of Velocity, Promote Intellect, Promote Vitality, Arcane Refusal, Ignore Mysticism, Primal Attack.

Promote Intellect & Vitality both give 2 buffs each. Biped enhances don't double up.

Don't feel cheated because a dragon has different buffing capabilities than that of bipeds.

IMO if you haven't learned how to play your dragon without needing biped buffs, then you really don't know how to play your dragons effectively. It's a luxury, not a necessity.

Dragons may not get all the same buffs as bipeds, but bipeds don't get the innate armor and damage output that dragons yet.

I find myself amazed that bipeds aren't screaming for a biped version of Gold Rage especially in situations like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Poster
    I'm gonna post in this one too!

Blue, roll a biped alt that you use as your own personal slave? Heck if you can login 3 toons at once having your own slave shouldnt be a problem! Use the free demo account to create the character and you dont even need to logout the dragons.

Leveling it up will also go pretty fast. Make it a cleric/druid type and you'll be good to roll.
    Dakoren Ironhand - Multiclassed Half-Giant
    Krondel Bloodclaw - Ancient Dragon

I have a biped that can cast t5...but cant do that if im trilog....but please lets leave out the fact that i can trilog out...this post is in general for all players and most people can not even duel log.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Hasia View Post
    I have a biped that can cast t5...but cant do that if im trilog....but please lets leave out the fact that i can trilog out...this post is in general for all players and most people can not even duel log.
    This thread seemed to start out more about you ranting at how long you've been waiting for biped buffs than about being a discussion for all players in general. In fact the only part of your first post that even mentions anybody else is when you say "So glad most people are against letting dragons have buffing abilities." and your second post simply adds onto how long you've been waiting for buffs.

Dakoren makes a good point. Creating a human on a free to play account to act as a buff slave won't get in the way of the logins you're paying for. (Though I'm not sure how fair it would be on the intended purpose of these accounts).

Also, most computers will be able to handle dual logging to the extent of logging on simply to cast some buffs. Those that couldn't probably won't see much benefit from buffs in combat anyway since most situations where being fully buffed makes any real difference are situations where you're attempting to farm a lot of t5/t6 mobs at once, and at that point a really low end computer will likely be struggling so much that the buffs won't even matter.

Thread Information