Thread: A friendly reminder to those farming techs and forms

Default A friendly reminder to those farming techs and forms

Please be aware that there are 4 Satyr islands to hunt on.

That the Islands are very well populated with things to hunt, and that you don't need to crash anyones fun by jumping the spawn they are hunting.

If you have a group, and upon arrival at one of these Islands, you see that there is already another group there... just move down the beach, or up into the interior of the island.

I understand how it can be, and realize that one can unintentionally hit something someone else is fighting. But if you discover that your hitting something someone else already started on, just hit stop. then move on to another mob.

These spawns "belong" to us all. Common courtesy says that if your there first you can farm it. but don't at the reaction if you attempt to "take over" a spawn, or steal it away from others that were already there.

As a new dawn rises over Istaria, may we all band together to meet the challenges!

Continuing Development of Horizons... SWEET!

Default Re: A friendly reminder to those farming techs and forms

Also, try not to tell many about the islands... youd be surprised about how well keptr they can be if everyone kept it to themselves and their hunt mates :)

I'm sorry oh Great One I dont play by your code of conduct. I play an outlaw character that has evil tendencies. I really dont care if u approve of my gameplay and really enjoy when u play the 4 year old tattle tale on the marketchannel. Maybe u should post this on your guild site, might be more useful there.

NimKhazad
    redo the loot tables and bring on the undead hordes!

Most likely in a crafting field somewhere

Quote Originally Posted by Crazyfingers
    I'm sorry oh Great One I dont play by your code of conduct. I play an outlaw character that has evil tendencies. I really dont care if u approve of my gameplay and really enjoy when u play the 4 year old tattle tale on the marketchannel. Maybe u should post this on your guild site, might be more useful there.

NimKhazad
    *laugh*

Proud and loyal members of Battalion
    Xarii Ani - Dryad - Chaos shard
    Quazi Ani - Dragon - Chaos shard

gopher65

errr... Was that in the /sarcastic catagory?

Given enough time and the proper temperament anything doable in game is possible
    Confectioner first last and always

Quote Originally Posted by Crazyfingers

NimKhazad
    Wrong server for that chaos is a non rpg server move to a server where you might be appreciated
    Given enough time and the proper temperament anything doable in game is possible
    Confectioner first last and always

Whatever, go ahead tell me to go to hell, like u have numerous times on the market channels. Horizons is a MMORGP, The RPG stands for Role Playing Game.

Believe it or not Vandelia your real name is probably not Vandelia and you probably dont run around the suburbs killing Storm Ogres.

Im sick of your constant slander and your high and mighty perception of yourself.

Go eatone of yourGrouk kabobsor maybe send me a tell in game and you might actually find that Im not the demon you make me out to be.

BTW Vandelia is one of Aamers buddies, that I have never once talked to, stole from, or even thrown a snowball at.

gopher65

Youshould try that. Snowballs are fun:)

I?ve been thinking about the whole concept of an ?evil? character and how that may interfere or contribute to the atmosphere in-game. In my opinion, the EULA should have something in it that differentiates the RP shards from the non RP shards, in that ?griefing? may have a slightly different meaning on each shard. For instance, intentional and repeated killstealing interferes with my gameplay, and is uncalled for on a non-RP shard. However, on an RP shard, one should THANK the killstealer, because hey, he just helped you slay something! The way I look at is this, ultimately: If you choose to play an evil character on a non-RP shard, I guess there?s nothing stopping you?just realize that it won?t be appreciated, you will be well outnumbered, and you won?t be welcome. It?s your choice.
    Twelvebagger
    12x100. <-- I did monk!
    Twelvebagger's Mistress (pinkie!)
    Redo the loot tables and bring on the undead hordes! (*Hands Beer to NimK)

gopher65

I was thinking that same thing about RP shards. I was on order the other day killing some maggots when I came upon another player doing the same thing. THey could obviously handle the lvl of maggots they were fighting, so I asked them to group. They said no. Understandable, I don't always want to group either. Sometimes I just go online to kill a few things[:D]. But on an RP shard, isn't the idea to kill as many of the visious, murderingWA as possible? It is a WAR after all. We should be trying to make armies and wipe the Whithered Ageis from the face of Istaria, not soloing a few monsters for wealth and glory. We are fighting for our very survival.

So in that context I don't think many of the RPers play in-character. Else they would always be grouping:). Of course there are always some people who seek glory above all else, but they SHOULD be in the minority. Instead they are darn near every person you come across (myself included). I can't think of any way to recify this though:(. At least not without making the game/rules to consticting to be fun.

Im sick of your constant slander and your high and mighty perception of yourself.
    Which is funny because you have this mighty perception of yourself.

Kind of like "hey I am cool because I am evil on a non-rpg board". But then again, it is the people that ask you to stop that are high and mighty. Not the person saying "no way man, this is the way I play".

Very funny. My 5 year old uses the same logic.

Now the second funny part is this.
    You are playing "evil". Do you wear black, evil guys wear black, it even says so in the "evil" guy role playing manual.

But the funny part is as an "evil" role player, you seem to complain alot about the people playing "good". Ooh the injustice of trying to remove the evil. How, good. Oh wait, without good you can't be evil. So since people can't be good, you can't be evil and thus must just be annoying.

And in reality, as the is no way to truley be evil in Horizons (no player killing, no stealing, no robbing) and there is only griefing, which is just a slang for annoying. You really can't be evil, you can only be annoying.

Sorry, hate to tell you that. But as the "evil" in the game are the withered ages, and I don't think you are one of them, you can't be evil. So really, it is just annoying.

Sure you can play an annoying character in the game. Everyone one needs an annoying side kick or henchmen. Or perhaps you are kind of like Mr. Wormtongue from Tolkiens stories, and annoying side kick for the real evil.

But in closing, as you can't be evil in Horizons, the most you can hope for is to achieve "annoying".

So from now on, you should say "I am playing an annoying character". Perhaps lawful annoying is your alignment.

Just my .02.
    -Digit Dryad
    Chaos

Are you that parking cop that arrested the elder lady for putting quarters in expired meters?

The third funny part is,Your awesome, I love you, your eloquent post has changed my evil scoundrel ways.

Johnny Cash wears black, I prefer white. Im not a griefef nor do I think i'm cool. But thanks for clarifing what a griefer is. And i'm not complaining about the players that are playing "good". Havent really complained at all for that matter, mainly defending myself against a certain hall monitor and his goodie goodie cronies that have been spreading horseshit for 2 months.

So from now on, you should say "I am playing the Hero character that cured NimKhazed of his evil doins"

Thanks for your 2 cents

I AM HEALED!!

:o
    Because spawns and areas belong to all, I don't care if someones dragging mobs on me in the end, or jacking kills in the end, or taking my loot... (yes it doesnt even matter... I went there)

All this is just the way other people play. If I don't like someone camping a spawn, I leave, or make some talk to try to get what I am there for (maybe comps or trophies) and then bail. It's not like these spawns producing anything but monsters... The fun in the game comes from other players mainly. Questing with friends, socializing....

But as for jacking kills and being griefed by others... It happens. It happens in every MMORPG out there... It sucks, I don't like it, but I dont think its an extreme evil...

Extreme evil would be like healing the mob your fighting so it kills you, looting your remains, and then rezzing you naked... That would be mean.
    ~=Seikojin=~
    Horizons suggestions
    Dragon ideas
    Ill say it over and over until it is addressed...
    Take your suggestions here . Submit a help request and choose feedback from the list. They cannot ignore their inbox.

Good post Aamer, and a good reminder.

I was out hunting on Elnath, our party found a nice unoccupied corner (nice retreat zone, not too many spawns directly spawning inthe area).

We were there a good 15-20 minutes, when this psycho female comes running through the mobs that were ON TOP of us (we were not running/pulling). She then proceeds to stand next to us and just stands there. Finally she sends a tell asking us to please move, we are in her "pull" zone.

When I am hunting/pulling and I see a party camped in a spot, guess what? I go around it.

There are so many mobs spawning on the satyr isles that you can run around that group and still find other mobs to pull.

Anyway, the discussion got heated, she then informed us that that was her "normal" camping spot a 3 second sprint away from us??!?? wth? She was not anywhere in the area, who gives a rat's ****** what her "customary" or favorite hunting spot is. The game does not have exclusive zones with player names on it.

Anyway, she got really bitchy, called out her guildies, who proceeded to lag the hell out of us, also eth paroxing the mobs that were aggro'd on us....this went on for hours.

Why? because we found a corner of a beach that was safe (we are not rating 4378473407384) that can pull the entire beach on elnath and survive. It was a good spot for a party of our size and our abilities.

Anyway, some people need to get a grip, or some sense of reality. IRL...well, anyone that tried that IRL would soon see that things like that are not tolerable or socially acceptable. Sadly, you also see "gang" mentality evidenced by guildies, who will resort to griefing, etc. because of some fellow guildmate that has her panties in a wad.

Havent really complained at all for that matter, mainly defending myself against a certain hall monitor and his goodie goodie cronies that have been spreading horse*** for 2 months.
    Well perhaps they are role playing. Right?

I mean you are, they can too. And they bother you? Oh, well I guess you bothered them.

Or is it only good for you to bother people?

Im not a griefef nor do I think i'm cool.
    Then why is this person bothering you?
    What are they "tattle telling on?" Obviously you are not doing anything.

You mention not playing by their code of conduct. So why are you so bothered they are not playing by yours? Should the accept your actions, without taking any counter actions? Should they sit passively why you do your "code of conduct"?

Here is the issue as I see it. You are acting this way to make a little scene. To be "different". It is no different then player killers in other games. People that join games to kill members of their own teams, to ruin other's game play. Do I expect you to listen, or change? No. You are are pretty set in assuring that only you have a good time in this game. Regardless of what others want.

Cured? Now you resort to sarcasm. Soon there will be swears and other attempts to somehow fight back? You have not justifications for your actions other then it is fun for you, and that is what you do. Even though the community at large doesn't like it. You were mentioned in a herald, probably a highlight of your gaming experience, and you defended yourself in that. But your defense is "there is nothing you can do about it." Which is true as AE seems behind the ball on dealing with the problem.

So I am sure you will continue to have your fun, they will complain and you will accuse them of Slander. But perhaps that is their way of role playing. As they come here to complain about you, so you have the right to complain about them. But don't get upset when people report an "outlaw" character. Expect it. You are an outlaw. I mean without their being good people you couldn't be that cool outlaw character that you play.

I mean perhaps for completeness. What actions does someone have to perform to be an outlaw? Could you list them out? What actions do you do that you think are "outlawesque" while not griefing.

Perhaps an explanation of the actions in question would allow us to decide for ourselves which person has a valid point.

Im not a griefef nor do I think i'm cool.
    I would just like to know, based on that. What an outlaw does, and where the line, that other seem to miss, is between outlaw and griefer.

I am sure you are going to post something in the vein of I don't have to explain myself to you. But I would just like to know the difference. Perhaps I would like to play an outlaw, butI would like to avoid being a griefer. Perhaps you can start a subculture in Horizons that is the "outlaw" subculture. And perhaps put some of these accusations to rest about griefing.

I do hope you respond in a way that can help me at least understand the difference.
    -Digit Dryad
    Chaos

I dont like parking meter enforcers, narcs, tattle-tells, brown nosers and panzies.

Does that explain it? An outlaw is unconventional, doesnt follow the standard rules, somewhat bends them.

I started a huge community project to build a community shopping mall in Deserts Edge. The builders of the building channel finished it in a mind numbing amountof days, SEVEN. 7 consigners, walkways, trees, and a fountain, around 10,000construction units. Completely amazing accomplishment for a time when only 150-300 players logged on in a day. Had over 30 playersI was interacting with in this project, didnt have a single problem with one of them. Now players have the opportunity to sale over 70 items in one location.

Did the Chaos Herald mention this?

?
    ?
    ?

It doesnt matter much now, I canceled my account

I will miss all the great folks of Chaos.

NimKhazad

Once in awhile you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at them right
    - Grateful Dead an outlaw band.

Thread Information