Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Zarla's Last Flight

Default Indeed

Quote Originally Posted by Darkwing_Duck View Post
    Well I can kinda see Shinkuu`s point. I pulled both Reagle, and Falkor out of public due to the fact all roleplays are now dead publically anyways.
    I`m thinking about transferring Ryzaak to Chaos, but that all depends on if anyone still wants him around. I honestly can`t forsee any roleplays happening for me anymore after all the drama that recently went down.
    Things are looking up OOCly for me, but my characters on Order are pretty much all dead now.
    Getting out of the Public RP while the getting is good. I fully understand that, obviously. Better to keep it between only those you care to deal with honestly.
    "Nothing Is Never Not... everything is never."-Vacuus, Lord of Nothing

Default Life is not fair.

Quote Originally Posted by Tcei View Post
    As an outsider and not being very aware of what if anything -rp wise- led up to this, it seems to me this was done purly to spite some comments in another thread. Which Imho is a rather crappy and childish thing to do.

While I do agree that every player has a right to kill off their own character; I would think giving those players who's characters are family of your own a heads up or letting them be involved solmewhat with the rp leading up to the death (even if they ultimately fail to save you) would be the courteous thing to do rather than just say Ohyeah my character's dead now Kthxbia, and effectivly crippiling the rp of everyone around you.

Surprise deaths can be a good (and fun) rp event.

I was once apart of a group that was on an rp-pvp server. We all rp'd that we were part of a small close-knit band of the militia out of the local city. One night we were all gathered in a tavern (after a long day on patroll) telling stories when our leader was assassinated. It was quite a shock when two rogues appeared out of thin air and stabbed our fearless leader then bolted for the door (they didnt make it.). Even though we tried to save (rez) her, her soul was beyond our reach and she was permakilled.

The point is people were offered a chance to participate in her death. The RP wasnt left crippled, and there was a point of refference for those close to her to move on.
    None of this - near as I can tell, is what happened in the story of your own character(s) Shin, thus why everyone is so upset.
    ^Title of post. You do not always get a chance to interact. You do not always get the luxury of trying to save the one who you cared for. You do not always get the luxury of knowing what happened to them. You do not always have the ability or chance to take revenge. That is life in the end.

Crippled? It has crippled nothing. I am not central to anything important. Shinkuu and Zarla are not Gods or Heroes of the Ages, or part of the Lore. They are not that important to anyone that they cannot move on and deal with it like they would any other loss.

If anything, let it be a wake up call to the complacent among those who would care. The Aegis are a deadly enemy who take no prisoners and want all of Istaria to die and wither away. Ignore them and this is the result. They take from you all you hold dear and never give it back. Some have forgotten that Istaria is in a War for its very life and soul. Forget at your own peril.

Default Reeeeeaally?

Quote Originally Posted by Reverse View Post
    furthermore, true the one in control of how to end or make a character behave IS the RPer themselves, however it takes a person to be one heck of a jerk to all the friends they do have and that they RP with th just off their character without any forewarning or explanation beforehand or thoughts or even apologies as to how this might affect the people one RP's with.
    You of all people should be THANKING me. So unless you SUDDENLY decided you like me being around I suggest you can it. You would have had me kill Zarla off long ago if I listened to YOU.

Default Re: Wake up and smell the Napalm

Quote Originally Posted by Shinkuu View Post
    You see... There is this issue of Public Vs. Private RP Lungtien. In Private RP someone has some control over the world and the characters involved in that RP. So what characters do in private RP is mostly dictated by the Player of the Character but partially dictated by whoever is running the RP or is master of the RP world. In Public RP anything can happen at any time. Characters are 100% in command of their Players and events can unfold without warning. It is much like real life that way. Because the game's Lore and mechanics are the only real guide or master of the world and they do not talk back to you there is not a lot of external controls put into place.
    That is not the problem.

With that in mind, a Perma-Kill is exactly the same as any other sort of action that a Player may or may not take. It can be sudden. It does not need to be discussed outside of that player if someone else is doing it to them. The results will be dealt with or ignored by the other players as they see fit just like every other single thing that any character does in a Public RP.
    As I said, one of the characters you perma-killed had a RP family, which was loving her heartily. This character had also close friends, and her death couldn't have only slight effects on these IC characters and on their RP.
    You wanted to end Zarla, yes, but the slightest thing would have been to tell what you were planning to do to those who play her family and close friends' characters, before to do so. The reaction of these players, who had to learn this by themselves, and out of the blue, not having any clue of why it happened yet, OoCly, is quite understandable. They though you were their (OoCly talking) friends.

Default Re: Zarla's Last Flight

*crys* ive still been here i just cannot afford the 10$ a month! poor poor issy TT.TT how will she cope with this?!

Iseia, you can still take the free account and play as a human, so you could be there, with us, and ghost your character.

it only lets me on the main server if i do that though rather than the rp shard

Quote Originally Posted by Iseia View Post
    You can use this free account for every shard.

I demand you speak more politely Zarla, if not only for me but for everyone here who have called you a semblance of a friend. You are making many many enemies RIGHT NOW with your behavior and your tone. I said nothing in my post to warrant that bull**** response from you and I suggest you learn to hold your tongue if you have nothing NICE to say. I don't tolerate that type of tone from anyone, let alone you.

You have no right to assume such things about me as that's completely false of what you said. You mock me saying 'oh unless you suddenly LIKE being around me...blah blah'

Well honey, I have to say, your tone, behavior, attitude and overall demeanor are NOT convincing me to give you any chances at improving in my eyes. What I said I would have said exactly to any other joe schmoe who did what you did, so don't flatter yourself by thinking that I 'suddenly like you' as god forbid right now I can't stand you. Your behavior and everything aforementioned is making you appear like a stubborn child who never got their way and now you're throwing a tantrum, verbally abusing those here trying to explain the other side of the story to you and yet you shove them all away so rudely.

It's a wonder anyone ever bothered to give you a chance in the beginning, as I don't know how you could have survived this long with such a ***** personality.

You've made me officially not give a **** if you leave. e___e

Good Riddance.
    Githinji Koray son of Starstilanxs-Order Shard, Raml Koray son of Githinji-Order Shard
    Every man has a price to charge and a price to pay. Yeah, I've paid mine in ♠spades♠.

Delaware, USA that little state no one knows about XP

Alright, I think this is all spiralling out of control here. People, if Zarla wants to kill of her characters, fine, that's her choice. Getting pissy about it and jumping up and down on the forums helps nothing, nor changes anything. I understand that Zarla's characters were important to some people's RP, but RP doesn't stop because they're gone. :P I, rather abruptly, had Sel killed off. Didn't warn anyone nor have any final closure RPs or anything like that. Those that RPed with him accepted it and moved on.

Just felt like adding my 2 cents before the thread gets closed. That seems to be where it's headed.
    Anariah, Callihan, Selarth, Osiron, Asandra, Azayan, and Zefani of the Order Shard
    Want a pic of your character? Click here!

I'm not flaming anyone there, Brightcat. I am just trying to explain something. Prompt judgements don't bring anything good, and I'm discussing quietly, trying to listen every side of the matter there, and to get distance to try and find a good solution, and get things better.
    What happened for Selarth isn't really the same thing, I think.

Delaware, USA that little state no one knows about XP

Oh, I know you're not flaming anyone Lung. I'm just saying in general. And while Selarth was an evil character, there were still other characters who loved him and/or were attached to him in some way. But still, I did what I did without any really warning other than saying he's going to die at some point. I'm sure Zarla made mention somewhere about her characters dying or leaving public RP at some point so it's really not that surprising she did what she did.
    Anariah, Callihan, Selarth, Osiron, Asandra, Azayan, and Zefani of the Order Shard
    Want a pic of your character? Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by BrightCat View Post
    Alright, I think this is all spiralling out of control here. People, if Zarla wants to kill of her characters, fine, that's her choice. Getting pissy about it and jumping up and down on the forums helps nothing, nor changes anything. I understand that Zarla's characters were important to some people's RP, but RP doesn't stop because they're gone. :P I, rather abruptly, had Sel killed off. Didn't warn anyone nor have any final closure RPs or anything like that. Those that RPed with him accepted it and moved on.

Just felt like adding my 2 cents before the thread gets closed. That seems to be where it's headed.
    Defended by Selarth! That is ironic but THANK YOU! It is none of their business.

Default No worries.

Quote Originally Posted by Iseia View Post
    It should allow you to use it on any shard as stated. I am going to send you a PM in regards to this. I just do not want everyone to know the rest of the story.

Default I Demand you be Silent!

Quote Originally Posted by Reverse View Post
    I demand you speak more politely Zarla, if not only for me but for everyone here who have called you a semblance of a friend. You are making many many enemies RIGHT NOW with your behavior and your tone. I said nothing in my post to warrant that bull**** response from you and I suggest you learn to hold your tongue if you have nothing NICE to say. I don't tolerate that type of tone from anyone, let alone you.

You have no right to assume such things about me as that's completely false of what you said. You mock me saying 'oh unless you suddenly LIKE being around me...blah blah'

Well honey, I have to say, your tone, behavior, attitude and overall demeanor are NOT convincing me to give you any chances at improving in my eyes. What I said I would have said exactly to any other joe schmoe who did what you did, so don't flatter yourself by thinking that I 'suddenly like you' as god forbid right now I can't stand you. Your behavior and everything aforementioned is making you appear like a stubborn child who never got their way and now you're throwing a tantrum, verbally abusing those here trying to explain the other side of the story to you and yet you shove them all away so rudely.

It's a wonder anyone ever bothered to give you a chance in the beginning, as I don't know how you could have survived this long with such a ***** personality.

You've made me officially not give a **** if you leave. e___e

Good Riddance.
    Look at the Title. You have NO clout with me nor any sway whatsoever. I could care less what you "Demand" of me Gith. Get off your high horse and run along. You are not in a Demanding position. You are a thorn in my side and have been since shortly after I met you. We are ENEMIES not friends in any fashion whatsoever. This entire thing is none of your business and you have no voice in it.

You CHOSE to attempt to throw around some semblance of moral authority because you felt you had an opportunity to attack me but you know what? I could care less about your attempt because seems how it is none of your business and you have no say in the matter it really failed quite hard. Considering you wanted Zarla dead and gone and me out of Public RP for a long time now you have no ground to stand on whatsoever. Better use your wings because you cannot walk on thin air Gith.

Also if you are so indifferent it is amazing how much you managed to blather on. The real indifferent person says nothing at all because they do not CARE and cannot be bothered to make a response.

You Lose.

As I was reading this thread, I found myself wondering what the fuss was all about. After all, Shinkuu wasn't the first, nor will she be the last, to pull one or more of he characters out of public RP without consulting, warning or including others, but after a short while, it finally came to me. Unlike everyone else, she had the NERVE...
    ... the ARROGANCE...
    ...the UTTER GALL...

to make a forum post about it.

Default Re: I Demand you be Silent!

Look at the Title. You have NO clout with me nor any sway whatsoever. I could care less what you "Demand" of me Gith. Get off your high horse and run along. You are not in a Demanding position. You are a thorn in my side and have been since shortly after I met you. We are ENEMIES not friends in any fashion whatsoever. This entire thing is none of your business and you have no voice in it.

You CHOSE to attempt to throw around some semblance of moral authority because you felt you had an opportunity to attack me but you know what? I could care less about your attempt because seems how it is none of your business and you have no say in the matter it really failed quite hard. Considering you wanted Zarla dead and gone and me out of Public RP for a long time now you have no ground to stand on whatsoever. Better use your wings because you cannot walk on thin air Gith.

Also if you are so indifferent it is amazing how much you managed to blather on. The real indifferent person says nothing at all because they do not CARE and cannot be bothered to make a response.

You Lose.
    It becomes my business Zarla when you're the cause of my friends being in a bad mood tyvm. I have a problem with it when it is because of some bologna reasoning as well. Not to mention you've been a thorn in my VERY close friends' sides for longer than I've even known you and in the way I think/feel/behave I protect my friends. I protect them from people like you who only act arrogant and selfish.

I don't think you think at all about how your RPing affects anyone else. You don't take into account the way others feel, you just act and god forbid anyone has a problem with it because you honestly don't seem to give a **** about anyone else but yourself. And that is not a true friend in my books. A true friend would make even a negative RP plot, such as a character death, an easy thing for people to RP with, something everyone if they chose to be, could be involved in. With Selarth dying off people got to attend that, got to give their 'in-character' input into the scene. With Zarla being offed you did it in a place that prevents other interactions, therefore imo it was a selfish RP.

You would have been better off just writing a short note saying Zarla got killed by the Aegis as you don't want to RP her anymore in public. Rather than waste our time with a long and pointless RP that still only gives us the same courtesy as the same short note would have.

You need to stop being such an attention-fly and buzz off. Learn to recognize people sticking up for others on this thread, furthermore you need to put a filter on your brain and mouth and realize people are just here to explain things to your obviously deluded and clouded mind.

Furthermore, you're the one that stated we're enemies. You did. Not me. Keep that fact straight. And I never once stated I'd prefer Zarla to be dead and gone, so quit making up fallacious statements to make yourself appear on a higher ground as you dug a hole so deep you can't even see the edge of it to climb out.

Furthermore, I give a **** enough to keep commenting here because I'm busy picking up the fragments of your scarecrow argument. I keep posting because you keep throwing up things that are not the truth, off-topic and made-up because you HAVE NO actual argument. I'm the only one with enough ****s around here to tell you like it is to your face. Everyone else is polite about it.

I don't feel you deserve such politeness since you obviously don't give it back even an ounce of what others give to you. I see they are wasting their efforts to be peaceful with you since all you can do is insult them, Essera for example here and a number of others.

Like I said, all you're left with now is false scarecrow arguments, and honey, I'm a ****ing magma dragon,attempt to swing too closely to me and your world burns.

Remember that. Case in point, Back Off until you have an honest argument. Until then, you're spitting straw.
    Githinji Koray son of Starstilanxs-Order Shard, Raml Koray son of Githinji-Order Shard
    Every man has a price to charge and a price to pay. Yeah, I've paid mine in ♠spades♠.

Reverse, I don't think this will get things better... when an issue occurs between some people, whoever did errors (ones, another, both,...), trying to solve the matter in the best way possible, listening to every side and taking time and distance to think about it, to mediate, before to take a decision and judge, is, in my opinion, a better option.

*sighs* I'd like to see the story from this thread as a closing post on the journal one, and an end to the arguing about the right/wrong of it. It's down to insults now.

Sorry, but I'm locking all threads in relation to this discussion because of how its devolved into insults and attacks. Please do not make any new threads in relation to this issue.

Thread Information