Thread: The avg sog hunt

Default The avg sog hunt

"any one find sog"

"found him"

" dang he runs fast"

*an hour to 2 hours later*

"stop bloody running around ED sog and stay still so group can form and we can start the Bloody fight already!!!!!"

To staff let sog run around still but make it so he stops for 15-20 mins in a small radius zone

Default Re: The avg sog hunt

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Hasia View Post
    "any one find sog"

"found him"

" dang he runs fast"

*an hour to 2 hours later*

"stop bloody running around ED sog and stay still so group can form and we can start the Bloody fight already!!!!!"

To staff let sog run around still but make it so he stops for 15-20 mins in a small radius zone
    hehe, my hunts go a little different:

"where's SoG...."

*searches for quite a while*

"got him!"

*buffs up and lands out of his aggro radius and starts debuffing him*

"ataaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaac-"

*dead*

"note to self: stop trying to solo SoG...."

ya if you solo him you canstart fight right away but with a group mixed with dragons and bipeds the dragons are all following him fine but the bipeds are always playing catch up and it takes some times hours to even start the match

he does not walk that far away.
    Place bipeds at the usual "safe" places and pull SoG to them.
    NP for a drag or a ranger
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

To the best of my knowledge, unless it has changed recently, he only runs within the area he spawned. So if you find him down with the fyakkis, he will be there until next maint or gets killed. Next time I'm on, Blue, I'll have my little flying one show you his spawn spots (they're much easier to describe if I have my map up )
    --- iuvenilis --- [Officer of The Alliance]
    Demonslaying since July 2004

What Lov said! The trick to so many big hunts is to get the Big Bad Idiot to come to YOU (and the dozen buffed-up uberpeds and dragons behind you)!

Well... unless it's Valkor, with his heat-seeking bats. *shudder*

Quote Originally Posted by Thicklesip View Post
    What Lov said! The trick to so many big hunts is to get the Big Bad Idiot to come to YOU (and the dozen buffed-up uberpeds and dragons behind you)!

Well... unless it's Valkor, with his heat-seeking bats. *shudder*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMabThp2IoI

yes his bats suck but at least that night we were able to fight him 7 times in a 2 hour period and finally won instead of spending that time just chasing him around

and as a note sog was in his lem spawn last night when i made this rant of us chasing him down

The SoG hunts I've been on really just consisted of the bipeds standing somewhere relatively safe that SoG runs through. I've never seen SoG run around at random. If I see him run by I know I can just stand there and watch him run by again in the other direction, back and forth. Some of his paths are longer than the others, but ultimately if he spawned near Lem, for example, the groups I'd be with would just stand on the inside edge of one of the corners near the blights because SoG would cut said corner and when we were ready we'd just move towards the corner.

So unless something was broken or changed recently, Once you find SoG you should be able to move people to a spot relative to his spawn because he runs up and down the same path. Or you could pull him.

Thread Information