Thread: I bid you good tidings and introductions.

Default I bid you good tidings and introductions.

I'm about to take the plunge into Istaria and looking forward to it. I've been a gamer for many years and started gaming with pen & paper. We would spend late nights playing RuneQuest (RQ was a rival of Dungeons and Dragons back in the day). We had some great times. Later my friends and I became very interested in computer gaming. I started with a Commodore 64 and that started a life long hobby of mine. I am amazed at just how far computer gaming has come. We are indeed lucky to be living in these times. It has been some times since I last played an MMO. The last MMO I played was Eve Online and that was over 4 years ago. What I found to be true in Eve is that as long as you treated everyone as though they were pirates, you would be Ok. But who wants to live in a world where every one is a pirate? I did meet some great pirates though. EO in my opinion is a great game, but it requires much attention and if you don't keep up with what is happening in game, you can find your ship and you under a rock and a hard place. I crave a new world of PVE and community based interaction. I've heard great things about the community here and I am looking forward to being apart of it.

I enjoy RP'ing, but I only RP if I'm in the mood to do so. Sometimes you just got to be silly and break all the rules. I also like using voice chat with those that are comfortable with it. I never try and push my own interests on others. We are all here to enjoy the game in our own way. I'm not so much looking for any one guild to belong too, but rather finding new friends and a sense of community. I am very much a traveler and like to be on the open road and meeting new people and places. You might say I'm a bard at heart.

I'll be going through the forums for additional information about the world, but if you have any things/ideas you wish to share, I'm all ears?

Thank you for your time and I look forward to the adventure and some good times.

Artist and traveler,

The Metal_Smith

Default Re: I bid you good tidings and introductions.

Hello there, we are glad to see a new player join us. If you want to roleplay, the best shard for that is Order shard, though it is less populated than Chaos shard, but there is less RP in this one, more in-game hunts,...

Feel free to ask others if you need help, informations and advices, on this forum or in-game. If you join Order shard, don't hesitate poking me, my character's name is the same than here.

You can also have a look in this website, http://www.crimson-dawn.org/, which contains a database, and a RP guide on Manual's part.

welcome to Istaria

If you play on Order do not hesitate to contact me for help and advise
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

*serves Metal_Smith some delicious klava presented with a towel and a curtsy*
    welcome home! :-)

Welcome aboard Metal!!!
    What is not bolted down is free, and if I have the tools to unbolt it, its not bolted down.

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

most welcome home, metal!
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Thread Information