Thread: I've cancelled subscription... 59 days left *sighs*

Slate

Default I've cancelled subscription... 59 days left *sighs*

Last week i cancelled my 3 month subscription with a view to dropping it down to monthly as i wasnt too impressed how things were panning out. Now I'm thinking about not even renewing monthly.

At one point today i was happy again with Horizons (first time in a long time)and was going to compliment GN/AE on one or two things, so its probably my fault the game has fallen down again [:S]

If by the end of the 59 days that i have left.. they actualy get the servers stable and the game running reasonabley well.. I'll be happy once again and renew subscription. If not...

Its time we as the consumer said that we've had enough. Poor service.. sparse (actualy says s p a r s e .. censor prog [:|])information.. server problems.

Im not (for a change) slagging off GN or Luca... as it seems most of it is problems via AE. Just seems GN and Luca take the brunt of our anger and disatisfaction. This time im placing no blame at all.. staying nice, calm and polite and just saying.. get it sorted or loose another player.. and maybe alot more till the point where it is not viable to run the game and servers anymore.

59 days and counting [O]

Good luck

JVCC

Default Re: I've cancelled subscription... 59 days left *sighs*

[Y] jou say it

horizons is a good game [:P]
    but with the permanent problems it make no funn [+o(]

yep i think im gonna follow if this goes like now
    Onnidrah: Half Gaint - Retired
    Warrior: 100 Cleric: 100 Mage: 100 Spiritist 100
    Armourer: 62

Unity [Formerer ICE]
    Old Beta Player
    Tazoon irc: IRC

Deus Ex Machina

*sigh* another one on that road - seems a lot of people are venturing this road lately (including me). "Show us you can do something, or we are gone" prooves that all is not lost, people are not fed up alltogether, and they still have hope and give Horizons another chance but, well, even hope can die.

If it comes to an end of those 59 days without change do me a favor (and maybe yourself) Slate: Take a look at WISH open Beta (starting January the 1.) - it seems to me to be what I thought Horizons would be - and it seems to be real. Maybe we can continue our ways together in another world

Oreana

I am in Wish Beta. If they keep in game what is promised at the moment it will be a VERY good MMORPG. Enough said.

Slate

Post a link .. maybe people with the need .. can go take a look

WISH beta ? so far they have done NOTHING for the version 1.5 beta and just bumped the 2.0 beta back a month. Makes me wonder if it will ever materialize.

Food is food, just give us something to chew on that removes DP's

So much I still want to achieve in Horizons but I can find nothing to disagree with here [:(] I keep thinking/hopeing things will improve but theres little evidence of that so far. With so many leaving, or thinking of leaving, the only thing that keeps me in a positive frame will be gone.

As for Wish beta, Im signed up for that to a ways off yet though.
    Bleri McThrust - Dwarf
    Unity - Formerly Ice

Krun

I've 19 days left on my sub.
    If I get a plot thenI sub for 1 more month.
    Ifin that monththey fail to deliver anyexpert formulars for confectioners (my only interest in the game these days) I'm gone.

I'm starting to feel like World of Warcraft maybe the ship I'm gona jump too. HZ was good while it lasted.

HZ has been like living in a house with the builders in.
    Everythings a mess, you cant relax and get on with stuff. The builders always say they be round thursday afternoon, but turn up saturday morning and dont bring all the stuff they need. Then they break the toilet and say they cant fix that till monday morning; cos the bloke that fixes toilets is on holiday till then.You wait all monday for them. Theyarive tuesady afternnon and forget they broke the toilet. So you move out and live in a bed and breakfast till they fix it all.
    Then your house burns down 'cos some moron builder left abucket ofoily rags next to the place they drops their ciggerette butts.Enraged you go round to see the builders at the address they gave you for their offices. It turns out to beaempty toolshed on anabandoned industrial estate, a note on the door informs you "goneto the spain".
    The End

Time to stop the cheque/credit card paymentyou wrote em.

btw has anyoneseen games networks Television station? take a look.
    Channel 172 on sky.
    I think thats looks very much likethe TV equivilent of ashed on an empty industral estate.No sign of any games programing and late night it appears they get some"working gils"tosit infront of the camera and get loney blokes to phone em.Probably found them hanging around outside the shed on the industral estate asking passing cars for business.

Lothlorin

lol

I have the TV-channel Game Network on 2 satellites.28,0* East and 13,0* East.The Sky version is crap,but the Italian version is much better.They are broadcasting about gamesall the night and not showing girls with their a**es in the air like the UK version. (btw its called *Babestation*) It would be better if those blokes got into an online game somewhere,instead of ordering the girls what to do on the screen.

Syrith_Ice

well said Krun

I have 84 days left - that takes me to the Day Wow is out in Europe.

I am really getting fed up of hz it is a good game it has great potential - but there is only so much time you can waste saying that and it not getting delivered.

It is a terrible shame the ship is sinking. When it dies I'll miss all the friends I have made here, although I think most of them will have left before then.

Well done AE and GN how to take a good idea and completly kill it [:'(]

I have 14 days left on my sub and have cancelled auto billing. I started playing in January, so I didn't just browse the game content.

Sometime in February I realised you could buy plots, but was never able to get an RCI, even with all the cancellations. Only now, a long time after I stopped caring can I now get a plot. I really want to build elven structures on my plots, that look like the buildings in Feladan, and I have no doubt that without the bankruptcy, servers merges, staff reductions, this content would have gone into the game shortly after Feladan was cleaned of the blight. As it is, there is not even a glimmer in the devs eye that evlen building are gonna be put into the game.

However, it's the lack of adventure content that will see me leave.
    No quests at all for my ranger.
    They removed what I did have in the meantime.
    Very few "all class quests" that you can do for fun and exp and get something useful.
    Still no epic weapon for my ranger (don't say "dark cylcone" thats a druid epic spell I just happen to be able to use).
    Lots ofbroken quests, envenomed arrow, natures bastion...
    No raid style events to get my guildies together on the weekend. Yes you can go kill high level mobs but you can do that anyway.
    Terrible tech support/CS. I have been sending tickets about my name change since the EU merge and still waiting for a conclusive decision. Average of 5-7 days wait between tickets, to be told a bunch of crap.
    A long succesion of patches to add, fixes tocraft content, or dragon content, jack all else.
    No info on this site regarding the next few months, upcoming patches, what they are working on, something to give me hope.

I'll let my sub run out, and watch the forums, and wait and see.

Slate

49 days left and counting

Must say .. there has been some improvement in the game (10 days as far as i could see with little trouble) but still the poor communications and not being sure about whats going on any more still has me unsure if i want to return.

Unai

I believe one of the main problems is that AE obsessively insists to add new content, instead of solving current issues first. [^o)]

Unai

Quote Originally Posted by Krun
    HZ has been like living in a house with the builders in.
    Everythings a mess, you cant relax and get on with stuff. The builders always say they be round thursday afternoon, but turn up saturday morning and dont bring all the stuff they need. Then they break the toilet and say they cant fix that till monday morning; cos the bloke that fixes toilets is on holiday till then.You wait all monday for them. Theyarive tuesady afternnon and forget they broke the toilet. So you move out and live in a bed and breakfast till they fix it all.
    Then your house burns down 'cos some moron builder left abucket ofoily rags next to the place they drops their ciggerette butts.Enraged you go round to see the builders at the address they gave you for their offices. It turns out to beaempty toolshed on anabandoned industrial estate, a note on the door informs you "goneto the spain".
    The End
    rofl [:D]

Slate

Quote Originally Posted by Unai
    I believe one of the main problems is that AE obsessively insists to add new content, instead of solving current issues first. [img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-40.gif[/img]
    This problem isnt actualy my problem or anyone elses.. apart from GN's and AE's.

I dont care if they are having self inflicted problems , it shouldnt be passed on to us in any shape or form.

Since AE has been having money problems they have had to restructure... people have left.
    Everything they have done since... people have left.

Reason for most of this... you can't please all of the people all of the time.. if you try you tend to displease everyone.

The other reason for this ... they have allowed problems they are having to pass through to us.

Do we not have enough problems of our own in life without coming here and having to share some faceless companies problems who we pay money to so we can escape or put aside RL for a short time?

----------------
    Annoyed at GN or AE? Hit em where it hurts.. cancel your sub .. they cant do any long range forcasting and planning without auto subscribers. Then we can say.. look .. we want to be kept informed/a game/ stable servers/ game content/ customer support/ TLC... alot better than this.
    When they start doing this.. then go back to the auto billing... if not .. find another game.

Somewhere some people are saying.. the game is like a sinking ship.. well it looks like there arent enough lifeboats and the sharks are grinning!

Thread Information