Thread: Insurance ads

Default Insurance ads

getting so sick of seeing them it seems every commercial break has at least 2-4 of them. if you think your insurance rates are high, go talk with your current agent im sure they would be more than happy do something to help lower your rates.

Default Re: Insurance ads

Commercials still exist?

>.>

I use a DVR.
    You can get anything you want in life -- just make a lot of noise and bite the right people.

I don't know what I hate more -- Insurance Ads or Pharmaceutical Ads.

To be Quite Honest, if you NEED a medication, your doctor will likely know about it and prescribe it to you.

The Doctors already have pretty strong incentives to prescribe you whatever pills your conditions warrant without you needing to go to your doctor and beg to be put on whatever pills you think you need, as I'm sure the doctors are being -rewarded- for every patient they get hooked into regular pill usage.

Honestly. If you're a guy and you have ED, I'm pretty sure you'd have gone to a doctor by now unless of course you have no relationships in your life. Or, if you've got Asthma, I'm pretty sure you've asked the doctor what all of your treatment options are, and such. If you have high cholesterol, I'm pretty sure you're already on a statin medication, even though it is probably slowly killing your body and you don't even know it (don't trust me? google 'truth about statins').

A lot of these pills have quite nasty side effects and a number of them have been recalled/banned by the FDA in the past and some of them even have civil lawsuits filed against the pill companies, and these are pills they pushed on TV as well.

But yes, insurance ads are annoying too, I don't know who gets on my nerves more, that stupid guy with the blue phone who thinks he's the "World's Greatest Spokesperson" or that woman for progressive... they're both annoying.

And then you got J.G. Wentworth... "Its my money and I need it now!" ... what the commercial DOESN'T tell you, is that Mr. Wentworth takes a good chunk out of whatever settlement you won before he hands the money over to you.

There are many stupid commercials, and not everyone has the luxury of DVR, or some people don't like having to DVR *everything* they watch...

Ads are one of the many reasons I just don't watch any television anymore. That and the lack of anything I would like to watch.

Isharae of The Ancients - Pet Saris Druid to Dracanaa
    Katarae - Lost dragoness of Order

Yes, most of the ads are annoying, but some can be well done, funny, or cute,...
    here is an example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NhSQARojp0

yes that is funny, but lets just say they ran that ad 20 times a day for months, plus its competition ran adds saying no watch with us 20 times a day also.....then it would get old fast.

That is something else, indeed. A too high rate would make us weary sooner or later, no matter how good is the advert. I rarely saw these adverts on TV, myself. The other option is to cut sound, take another TV channel, read, do something else while it passes,...

People still watch TV? I gave that up for gaming years ago.

Dracaena

Quote Originally Posted by Dracaena View Post
    People still watch TV? I gave that up for gaming years ago.

Dracaena

*LCD tv on left, LCD monitor on right* I not only tri log but i duel monitor also :P

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Hasia View Post
    *LCD tv on left, LCD monitor on right* I not only tri log but i duel monitor also :P
    No wonder I rarely see you chat in the channels! (I'm in your chaos channels too! Mhahaha!)

Dracaena

no i chat all the time.... im in NP, MP, dragon chat but i tend to chat more in the public guild channels and my own personal public channel.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracana View Post
    Ads are one of the many reasons I just don't watch any television anymore. That and the lack of anything I would like to watch.
    QFT.

Emphasis mine.

There's just so little on TV worth watching these days. I was, for awhile, keeping up with CSI:NY, CSI:MI, and Criminal Minds but my dad retired and now he pretty much owns the living room TV and I've been too busy gaming to really watch TV anymore.

Other than those 3 shows, and maybe The Mentalist before they moved it, I couldn't see where there was much worth watching, 'cept maybe L&O:SVU re-runs now and then when I'm really bored. Oh, and I suppose NCIS ain't too bad to catch now and then, but again, they usually stick it on weird times I can't catch it.

Otherwise, what is there? Sitcoms? Yuck. Reality Shows? Meh.

i usually watch Mythbusters and Adult Swim.

*conjures all geckoes in existance to Blue's favorite spot in Bristugo*

Yes, I can be mean.
    Dragon Scroll; BLIGHT~Anam, Ahleah; CHAOS~Veruliyam, Ceruliyan, Jaguarundi, Spinel, Ssussurrouss, Chon; ORDER~Aucapoma, Susurrus

hehe geckos are ok that one in the ads has said I am not a gecko in one of his earlier ones

Quote Originally Posted by Steelclaw View Post
    Commercials still exist?

>.>

I use a DVR.
    People still use TV's and pay for cable? I thought there was only the Internet.

Now your next step is to stream everything to a second monitor on your PC. You can pay for your second monitor and video card with the mony your no longer paying for cable.
    Nothing But Love! That's what makes Dragons Fly!

Quote Originally Posted by Romirez View Post
    i usually watch Mythbusters and Adult Swim.
    Truly. I mean I watch a good bit of tv, most of it my shows I DVR and most of those are network tv.

But honestly there are tons of great shows on Discovery, food network, history channel, etc. And they are not sitcoms, reality tv, drama - outside of real rl drama and not fake reality tv drama.

Not saying you should find reasons to watch more tv lol - but just saying if you are only looking at network tv options you are missing out on so many possibilities for good programming.

Not even talking about pay-channels like HBO cuz I don't pay for them heh. I just Netflix their shows once the season's done.
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

Bad thing about streaming from the Internet, is even when you have, say a 2.4Mbit DSL (which is better than most rural area people have), when you're streaming movies or TV shows, you're lagging the rest of the household up.

Try to play a game while someone is streaming movies and suddenly those 150ms pings you love so much turn into 1500ms ping, which gets you killed in games.

Of course, if you have FiOS or something like that, that might be different, but not everyone has the luxury of living in/near a city.

Quote Originally Posted by Frith-Rae View Post
    Truly. I mean I watch a good bit of tv, most of it my shows I DVR and most of those are network tv.

But honestly there are tons of great shows on Discovery, food network, history channel, etc. And they are not sitcoms, reality tv, drama - outside of real rl drama and not fake reality tv drama.

Not saying you should find reasons to watch more tv lol - but just saying if you are only looking at network tv options you are missing out on so many possibilities for good programming.

Not even talking about pay-channels like HBO cuz I don't pay for them heh. I just Netflix their shows once the season's done.
    oh i know, those are just my favorite things to watch. i watch the Military channel, History channel, Fox News when i need news (roflcopter, i know), Cartoon Network because they are getting awesome, and whatever else catches my eye.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhalin View Post
    Bad thing about streaming from the Internet, is even when you have, say a 2.4Mbit DSL (which is better than most rural area people have), when you're streaming movies or TV shows, you're lagging the rest of the household up.

Try to play a game while someone is streaming movies and suddenly those 150ms pings you love so much turn into 1500ms ping, which gets you killed in games.

Of course, if you have FiOS or something like that, that might be different, but not everyone has the luxury of living in/near a city.

True but I do play games and stream tv/movies If you can it's great. If you cant you got my sorry.
    Nothing But Love! That's what makes Dragons Fly!

Thread Information