Thread: Dont res with out asking first!

Default Dont res with out asking first!

gah im sick of using My now SUPER RARE blighted tablets to rp death in town or sleep and just have some one res me and ruin the rp scene, just wasted 120 blighted tablets for nothing just now

Default Re: Dont res with out asking first!

I honestly don't know why there isn't a "Do you wish to accept?" on resurrection. Both WoW and FFXI had this feature, and I'm surprised that Istaria doesn't, because it sounds like such a simple thing that one would take for granted...

Anyways, as for RP, I suggest doing such RP in a private, remote location where another player is unlikely to stumble upon (IE, in a lair) instead of trying to do this in the middle of NT or something.

I think the issue here is moreso that there was no middle ground given in trinkets, and/or the fact that it would be simple to make these things a vendor item if the reason for the change was for players to not receive negative items while fighting.

Heck, someone make it a suggestion to bring these items back as fluff and sold on a special vendor OR brought back and the cursed/blighted/etc ones are pure negative and the shiny/blessed/eth are pure positive.
    Shinobai - 100rng/100hlr/100war/80monk/65dru/80mage/65sprt
    Crimson Dawn - Chaos Shard

Shins Draconic - 100adv/85drc/what's lairshaping?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Shinobai View Post
    I think the issue here is moreso that there was no middle ground given in trinkets, and/or the fact that it would be simple to make these things a vendor item if the reason for the change was for players to not receive negative items while fighting.

Heck, someone make it a suggestion to bring these items back as fluff and sold on a special vendor OR brought back and the cursed/blighted/etc ones are pure negative and the shiny/blessed/eth are pure positive.

http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=24137

yes just put them up for sale, it be a good money sink. please bring them back their really fun to play dead with

Wouldnt be easiest to just add a "so and so dead" emote, then no one has to be really dead , or get accidently rezed.

Some people prefer seeing their toons do whatever-- helps immersion, looks better, etc.

That said, this is the fourth time I've stared at this thread, and I still can't get past "...buh... wait. Huh?" I can understand the irritation quite well-- you get stuff set up just right for RP purposes and then somebody undoes it, ahhhh!!-- but I'm one of those awful, troublesome, terrible people who chucks buffs and heals and rezzes around like confetti whenever I see another player. If I ran across someone lying dead in town, I couldn't promise I'd whisper them before trying to fix it, anymore than I usually bother to ask people getting beaten if they'd like a heal, or people out in the wild if they'd like some buffs. I just do it! It normally ends with happy people having buffs they wouldn't otherwise have, and in many cases if I tried to stop and ask I wouldn't get a reply, good or bad, until the person was five mountains away. That there are situations where my reflexive attempt to do good would end in doing bad distresses me! I would not like to accidentally do bad and then be yelled at for it!

Making the stupid little evil trinkets for sale would be good, mostly because it'd give some players harmless consumable fluff to spend money on, which I was under the impression the devs would like. Actually, phrased that way it sounds perfect. Devs, get on that!

Quote Originally Posted by Thicklesip View Post
    Some people prefer seeing their toons do whatever-- helps immersion, looks better, etc.
    I'm not sure they mean just doing "/em is dead." I think they mean an emote where you type something like /dead they could take on the dead animation and pose and stay there for a time kind of like the /stand emote.
    Avatar is of my character Akrion, snipped from Hrae's Hoard of Creatures by the excellent moss loving artist Nambroth. <3

my emote pack already does the death animation, but you only lay on the ground for a sec and dont stay down on the ground

I like the idea of having a "Do you accept?" popup. Kridon and I decided to finish our Breath of Lightning quests in New Trismus. When we died, we were supposed to recall to trigger the end. I died, got randomly rezzed, died again (the acid was still in effect) and got rezzed AGAIN. Had to go get a THIRD DP by letting myself get killed just to get BoL. Kinda sucked. I very nearly restarted the quest, which would have been super awesome! *sarcasm*

Don't get me wrong, I normally LOVE getting rezzed, but that time, it was quite inconvenient.
    Last edited by Keziah SilverSky; June 3rd, 2011 at 03:22 PM. Reason: Added the last bit :P

I assume you mean Breath of Acid and not Breath of Lightning. x3
    Avatar is of my character Akrion, snipped from Hrae's Hoard of Creatures by the excellent moss loving artist Nambroth. <3

Quote Originally Posted by Akrion View Post
    Yeah, I was a bit confused by that meself :B
    "State your case, but do it well. I do not suffer fools gladly." ~Sereamha Balla-dor

Quote Originally Posted by Keziah SilverSky View Post
    I like the idea of having a "Do you accept?" popup. Kridon and I decided to finish our Breath of Lightning quests in New Trismus. When we died, we were supposed to recall to trigger the end. I died, got randomly rezzed, died again (the acid was still in effect) and got rezzed AGAIN. Had to go get a THIRD DP by letting myself get killed just to get BoL. Kinda sucked. I very nearly restarted the quest, which would have been super awesome! *sarcasm*

Don't get me wrong, I normally LOVE getting rezzed, but that time, it was quite inconvenient.

Wow, did that quest get changed? I had a friend standing nearby to ress me afterwards and don't remember having any trouble. I have even been asked to ress someone who died drinking the acid flask out at Delgrath one night.

But some sort of game text message that you are getting ressed would be nice. That way I don't stand there like a dummy in a big fight as I thought I was still dead.

Dracaena

Quote Originally Posted by Akrion View Post
    Yes XD Forgive my blonde moment. *derp*

• /suicide
    • Resurrection Confirmation
    • Long term "play dead" emote

This of course assumes the developers of this game have the funding required to pay someone to implement all these changes, in addition to the things that are an actual priority.

That made me laugh. Have funding to implament something moders did in 5 mins (me). All they need to do is copy paste a current emote code function then change a few lines and you got a death emote. Which is in my personal emote mod pack.

Thread Information