Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lifespans?

Default Re: Lifespans?

Quote Originally Posted by Velea View Post
    I think what Amon is saying, and I'm sure he'll correct me if I'm wrong, is that as far as official lore goes, there's nothing established which answers these questions, so you are free to roleplay however you would.

Then again, having read some of the roleplays that happen on Order and Chaos, players don't always stick to officially established lore and will allow themselves that freedom too.

I'm sure he didn't intend to offend. We just give our players freedom to roleplay and use their own creativity.
    This. I agree with you, Velea. I also think AmonGwareth wants to let roleplayers discuss and choose about lifespans like some other things in RP.

After all, even if the race has a norm, there could be family lines, etc. with differences in expectancy from the norm. :-)

Concerning dragons, I'm not entirely sure of how time affects them. I haven't read up on their lore in a while, but from what I remember aren't they essentially frozen in time (physically, which would attribute how they function in various stages of life) until they complete the Rites of Passage in order to change their form? A dragon could basically remain a hatchling forever, with time having no effect on how they preform until they managed to complete the Rites, in which they would gain the physical abilities of an adult, but then forever be frozen in that stage until they become an ancient, and so on.

I do suppose though that after a certain period of being an ancient, as they have no more forms to shift into, time would begin effecting them again, and they would eventually pass away, or be rebirthed. But with that in mind, they wouldn't even technically begin aging until after their ancient stage. This could be completely flawed, but it's how I remember it. Of course everyone roleplays in their own way, so I suppose it wouldn't really make a difference anyway.

Thread Information