Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Crimson Dawn Website

Default Re: Crimson Dawn Website

I got it thanks, but I already got the cache page, shortly after having asked.

what the hell is all this about, and why is it even an issue?

it's a set of guides for a 5+ year old game. why the hell are people talking about lawsuits and stuff? just post the stuff. noone needs to get butthurt about this game, *****, just talk with Virtrium and settle the issues. do you really want to have court case and possibly risk having the game be shut down because of court costs/time devoted to legal stuff instead of development?

***** ****** people, this game has been through enough. *rant over*

i would post my opinions, but it is filled with words that the forums don't like.

How would you like it if you worked hard for a month on a project and you are very proud of your work you did then some one comes along and claims credit for your work and no one knew you did it at all.

this has been an issue with me, why a long time ago i took all my mods down for a long time.

im just amazed this thread is still here. all my questions about this were immediately deleted by VI minutes after being posted earlier in the week.

no matter whats happened, its a sad time. so much good information is gone. many new players will end up frustrated and leave without sites like CD had up. even old players used that site. i know i miss is badly, wishing i had made hard copies of the pages i used the most.

i took for granted it would be there for me anytime i clicked my bookmarks.

i hope the VI site is as good, but my hopes are slim. now im more worried well lose the game for good if extra resources are spent to deal with this.

Smile Re: Crimson Dawn Website

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Hasia View Post
    How would you like it if you worked hard for a month on a project and you are very proud of your work you did then some one comes along and claims credit for your work and no one knew you did it at all.

this has been an issue with me, why a long time ago i took all my mods down for a long time.

You guys. Not pointing fingers or passing out names. Do some nice work that makes the game funner to play.

Put that aside it's all freebe game work you did knowing you were not going to be payed. Hell's bell's this game is how old now? I know were geting close to a decade here.

Put that aside no coin/cash I do think you should give credit were credit is do though. As credit cost nothing to VI and could help someones dreams come true. As in landing a job you want.

Now I have no ideal what's going on just speak in large terms here.

But this stinks of total BS and what not on both sides. Just saying. Kiss and make nice.

Thats all got nothing alse.
    Nothing But Love! That's what makes Dragons Fly!

For information, the CD website was turned back on last night.
    Chasing
    Chaos Shard
    Scarlet Dawn

sweet. thanks to whoever got it back up. Its a great resource.

Huzzah!

I don't know what happened, how it happened, or why - but I'm glad the CD site is back. The CD site is a seriously amazing resource for new players. And for really old players with bad memories... *ahem*... (me)
    Want to know more? Visit the Istaria Wiki!

Talking Re: Crimson Dawn Website

<---- does the Gnomian happy dance.

Hooray! That site was way too good to be abandoned. (:

Four years of playing and ongoing.

Thumbs up Re: Crimson Dawn Website

Great job and thx u to who ever got it going again
    Nothing But Love! That's what makes Dragons Fly!

Could it be your website has been hacked recently? I've been redirected everytime I enter the page to various _very_ unrelated sites!
    Chars on Chaos: FengWindstalker (Dragon), Lethoxus (Sslik), Keleth (Sslik)

"Very" unrelated sites indeed. Tried a few times and seen sites that I wished I never had.
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

It is probably hacked or otherwise compromised. Better not go there.

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

If you have gone there, you might want to run a virus scan on your computer also.

The site itself does not appear to be serving malicious content. It's just redirecting you to potentially offensive content found elsewhere on the internet, which may or may not contain malware. The few URLs that I did get back were to sites like youtube.com and an adult-oriented version of youtube.

Those of you concerned about naughty sites showing up in your browsing history are advised to clear it.
    You can get anything you want in life -- just make a lot of noise and bite the right people.

Don't know if this is possible but any of the links to the CD website should be removed from this forum until the links are properly working again. 2c

Quote Originally Posted by Hoberton View Post
    Don't know if this is possible but any of the links to the CD website should be removed from this forum until the links are properly working again. 2c
    Agreed over time the search engines would pickup on those redirected links to the naughty site and penalize the istaria sites.
    Chasing
    Chaos Shard
    Scarlet Dawn

As per the requests made here, I've tried to find actual links to the website and removed them. I also removed places where the site's URL was typed out but not an actual link.

I can't guarantee that I caught them all, but I did try. Should you come across further links, please use the "Report Post" on the specific post, as that will email to all moderators a link to the specific post in question, thus making it easy for us to find.

Wow... Whoever you guys got as a webmaster, Crimson Dawn guild, he's just a swell guy. I thought maybe the inappropriate redirects were the product of an honest hacking/virus/whatever, but no, apparently the webmaster himself is the culprit.

I ended up going there by accident just now, and it redirected me to a Rickroll video. At this point I began to suspect that this whole thing came from inside. I went to the page a second time and I got a message.

This guy seems like the sort to read the backlash, so, hey, if you're reading this, stop being such a child. Just take the site down. You're obviously not going to return it to us players to use as a resource. Great job hurting the players more than Virtrium.
    Last edited by Velea; October 7th, 2011 at 02:58 PM. Reason: Sorry, but I can not allow message links...

.:Malestryx:.

Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

Thread Information